The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, Peil said:

Can't comment on the rest, but I do know one parent who's stepped in to coach their daughters group, as they were being left to themselves whilst coaching focussed the 'A' group.

Strictly speaking, the Women and Girls section is a separate organisation. It has its own constitution.

As for the other matter, AUFA and AUFC have a joint technical board. I would imagine the alleged issues would addressed there.

Just now, RedEd said:

Strictly speaking, the Women and Girls section is a separate organisation. It has its own constitution.

As for the other matter, AUFA and AUFC have a joint technical board. I would imagine the alleged issues would addressed there.

Cheers, wasn't aware of that nuance

20 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would we take any of the freed players from Inverness?

Wallace Duffy maybe? Right/centre back.

Or have we signed too many and wait till January?

Don’t think we need Duffy as we’ve already got a lot of players in those two positions plus Hamilton due back who by all accounts from what I’ve heard from East Kilbride fans are desperate to want to keep longer and is “head and shoulders above the rest of their defenders”

only player I would take from Inverness is maybe Billie McKay I know he’s not set league 1 alight but you would assume with all the balls we usually manage to ping into the box a striker like him even if a bit older can find the net

Edited by muZZa__44

21 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would we take any of the freed players from Inverness?

Wallace Duffy maybe? Right/centre back.

Or have we signed too many and wait till January?

Don't think they'll be able to sign anywhere before January anyway? Or are the rules different for redundancy?

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Don't think they'll be able to sign anywhere before January anyway? Or are the rules different for redundancy?

There free agents so would imagine they will be able to sign for other clubs. Maybe wrong though 

23 minutes ago, United1973 said:

There free agents so would imagine they will be able to sign for other clubs. Maybe wrong though

This is the problem for players who are in this situation. The vast majority of clubs have their players signed by the end of the window. They may not be able to find a club. Clubs who go into Administration really shaft their staff who get the bullet. While those who ran up huge debts wander off into the sunset.

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Don’t think we need Duffy as we’ve already got a lot of players in those two positions plus Hamilton due back who by all accounts from what I’ve heard from East Kilbride fans are desperate to want to keep longer and is “head and shoulders above the rest of their defenders”

only player I would take from Inverness is maybe Billie McKay I know he’s not set league 1 alight but you would assume with all the balls we usually manage to ping into the box a striker like him even if a bit older can find the net

McKay is part of the coaching staff now Ferguson and his assistants are away. I would have taken him though until the end of this season . 

2 hours ago, United1973 said:

They can sign for whoever they like but unless special dispensation is made due to being made redundant from an administration event then they can't play for anyone until January 1st. 

32 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They can sign for whoever they like but unless special dispensation is made due to being made redundant from an administration event then they can't play for anyone until January 1st. 

A relative of Adam Brooks (another player released from Caley) is claiming on Twitter that due to the circumstances behind the release, that they are free to sign AND play for another club straightaway. 

I’m not sure there’s anyone at Caley that I’d be thrilled at us signing. Even McKay. 

13 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Commentator mentioned Threave's number 8 Harry Officer been in training with us recently so interested to see what he's like.

Yeah I had to rewind to catch that.  

47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A relative of Adam Brooks (another player released from Caley) is claiming on Twitter that due to the circumstances behind the release, that they are free to sign AND play for another club straightaway. 

I’m not sure there’s anyone at Caley that I’d be thrilled at us signing. Even McKay. 

That would make sense. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Looks a tidy wee player, not scared to drive forward, not sure how old he is, doubt he’d be looked at to come intk the first team. 

From what little I’ve found joined their under 20s last season from QOS reserves, 7 league goals last season, 4 this season, clearly broken into their team early on

Edited by muZZa__44

23 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Commentator mentioned Threave's number 8 Harry Officer been in training with us recently so interested to see what he's like.

They keep talking about the no 7 as Harry Officer?