The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There is no chance of anything getting lifted in the meantime while people don’t respect lockdown rules! This means the league should be cancelled

I think if the league gets cancelled we need to have a league restructure! This would make it fairer. Say you had a top tier of 16 you could play each team twice and then have a split which means that the bigot sisters can still have 3 hate filled derbies a season which I think is the only stumbling block at the moment!

On one hand a feel sorry for Doc cause he’s a decent guy and no one wants to be playing in that shite league but on the other hand he admitted at the time he wanted the cash and I think it would’ve made more sense to just wait until the end of the season before making up his mind.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Unsure if this has already been covered, but what happens if the season is ended early ? Do players contracts become null and void or do they continue to be paid until the summer ?

As nobody knows when the following season will commence (if ever), then would this not be a terrible deal for the players as they won't be getting paid ? Alternatively if they re-signed / extended their contracts with their current club then they could continue to be paid through the Furlough scheme but if they move club then they will cease to qualify and will end up with nothing / universal credits.

Has anyone discussed this do we know ?

Their employment is unrelated directly to whether or not there are any fixtures. Contracts have a defined end date.

There is an issue for players who will be out of contract at the end of this season and their existing club doesn't want to offer them a new contract for a further year. You can extend existing contracts and keep the players on furlough as you say but you can't hire new employees and furlough them. So players leaving will be come unemployed unless any club that might want them feels they can afford to pay them in full straight way despite having no income.

If there's some further clarity about when we can return to work by the end of May then perhaps short terms extensions might be agreed to keep such players on furlough but it would need to football authorities to change their rules also as presently a contract extension has to run to the start of the next window.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Their employment is unrelated directly to whether or not there are any fixtures. Contracts have a defined end date.

There is an issue for players who will be out of contract at the end of this season and their existing club doesn't want to offer them a new contract for a further year. You can extend existing contracts and keep the players on furlough as you say but you can't hire new employees and furlough them. So players leaving will be come unemployed unless any club that might want them feels they can afford to pay them in full straight way despite having no income.

If there's some further clarity about when we can return to work by the end of May then perhaps short terms extensions might be agreed to keep such players on furlough but it would need to football authorities to change their rules also as presently a contract extension has to run to the start of the next window.

Yes, this is what I thought from an employment law / government scheme perspective.

One would think that it may be a good idea from a players perspective to re-sign immediately (if offered terms) in order to safeguard their immediate to short / mid term future and so ensure a wage keeps coming in. Hopefully the clubs will be acting behind the scenes to try and get guys signed back up. From a clubs perspective you'd think it gives them a little more bargaining power to keep the guys that would otherwise be considering a move ?

On the other point, there will be a lot of eyes on Real Sociedad and the situation in Spain in general, should they, as expected, relax the regulations which would see training recommence next week.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Me neither but the way things are going Partick will be playing in the championship next season

If Thistle are playing in the championship I think there is every chance we could be playing in the premiership. 

Oh dear! Truth hurts badly. You lot still cant get over McCall moving to a bigger club, leaving a wee tinpot club with a shitty stadium. You Ayr lot are hilarious. 

Thanks for proving my point.

Oh. I accept we deserve to go down where we are. It's just the corruption of the SPFL in this instance that makes it ridiculous. And your club have condoned it. 

Our club haven’t condoned anything. Simply looking out for ourselves. It’s Partick fans that are trying to say it’s about McCall that made us vote the way we did which simply isn’t true.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our club haven’t condoned anything. Simply looking out for ourselves. It’s Partick fans that are trying to say it’s about McCall that made us vote the way we did which simply isn’t true.

I would think there is something in it about McCall. The bitterness coming from Ayr fans since his departure has been pouring out all over these forums. Of course you condone it. You voted yes to a bullying corrupt concept. Showing a massive lack of ambition for a club in the play offs and readily giving that up.