The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Talk about there being no football until 2021 really flies in the face of all the people who were claiming that the vote to end the season was essential in order to give us certainty.

They're having a vote to end next season now. 

Ross County have suspended new season tickets sales. If you watch this thing called the news they're widely saying life is going to be affected into 2021, getting football back on at stadiums full of fans isn't going to be high up the priority list.  

Might have something to do with the possibility of them playing top league football next season

Virtual POTY tickets going well , 2 weeks left if you still want to purchase , priced at £30 and a receive the limited edition T Shirt , we are now over 300 , well done 

as of Saturday am , only another 22 tickets to go to get us to the £10,000

Edited by Robbo63

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/spfl-unveil-reconstruction-taskforce-ayr-21885722

Pleased he's decided to join the board, obviously cares enough about what's best for our club that he's made the effort to join the group which will no doubt take a lot of time and effort and also not going to be easy from halfway round the world.

Buzzin to see what he says.

It could go either way.

a) Cameron puts forward a compelling case and we see an increased top league and we are up into the promised land in my lifetime [emoji16][emoji106]

b) Cameron bows out after 45 mins, realising that everyone else is a walloper! [emoji23][emoji30]

Lachlan didn’t seem to get behind the idea last week. A fair few other people on the list have had issues with the recent SPFL decisions. Can’t see how league reconstruction is going to get voted through so maybe putting these people on the working group is a way to silence the protests 

Lachlan didn’t seem to get behind the idea last week. A fair few other people on the list have had issues with the recent SPFL decisions. Can’t see how league reconstruction is going to get voted through so maybe putting these people on the working group is a way to silence the protests 

Sounds about right

If ever there was an opportunity to shake things up ‘big time’ surely it is right here, right now!!

If there's no football until 2021 then I'm not sure we'll have Scottish football in its current form.

Surely a high number of clubs would simply fold in those circumstances, or do we think that enough money could be found to only lose one or two clubs along the way (which is probably do-able)?

I just can't see a way in which we'll give up dozens of clubs to this crisis, which would totally change our game. At some point the effects of lockdown do become more severe than the death toll itself. I know that sounds ridiculously callous but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I reckon we'll lose the next few months, absolutely, but i can see Scottish football (and a load of other stuff) getting back in a delayed start of some sort - September /October type time.

That gives us 3-4 months to get on top of testing and make plans for social distancing (of some sort). The virus will be with us for a while (until vaccine is found in the next few years) but i just can't see us holding off large crowds completely until then. A new way will be found where matches can be played and crowds can attend (maybe limited in number, idk).

On a slightly different topic.

Did anyone notice this? Shiny teeth bleating...

Former Ayr United boss Mark Roberts admits he can't face return to Somerset Park

If only he had the self awareness to recognise this at the time: "In hindsight, the writing was on the wall for me after the Cowdenbeath play-off defeat in that second season"

Although he goes on to blame the tight budget. I still don't think he accepts he simply wasn't up to it.

A great player for us, that goal versus Hibs being one of my faves. A god awful Manager. Unfortunately, the later trumps the former for me. 🤷‍♂️

On a slightly different topic.
Did anyone notice this? Shiny teeth bleating...
Former Ayr United boss Mark Roberts admits he can't face return to Somerset Park
If only he had the self awareness to recognise this at the time: "In hindsight, the writing was on the wall for me after the Cowdenbeath play-off defeat in that second season"
Although he goes on to blame the tight budget. I still don't think he accepts he simply wasn't up to it.
A great player for us, that goal versus Hibs being one of my faves. A god awful Manager. Unfortunately, the later trumps the former for me. [emoji2369]
Calling him shiny teeth makes you look like you're 14 years old.

I read the article, and he was entirely complimentary. He spoke very warmly of his time as a player with us and acknowledged that it didn't end at all well under his management.

By all means slate his teeth when he's in the opposing dugout but it just comes across as embarrassing elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Calling him shiny teeth makes you look like you're 14 years old.

I read the article, and he was entirely complimentary. He spoke very warmly of his time as a player with us and acknowledged that it didn't end at all well under his management.

By all means slate his teeth when he's in the opposing dugout but it just comes across as embarrassing elsewhere.

😆 he was called shiny teeth even when he was a player, calm down for god’s sake.