The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

No anger from me, just an amazement of people's perception as to what's going on. 
Crack on. 

And yet no recognition of the other factors created by removing people’s leisure time for an indefinite period.

Until August/September then fair enough but talk of no football until a vaccinea is ridiculous.

No anger from me, just an amazement of people's perception as to what's going on. 
Crack on. 
I agree.

A lot of folk have lost all perception about how damaging a lockdown can be if it is more than just a short term measure.

The idea that this can stay this way indefinitely and we'll completely destroy important aspects of our society because of this is insane.

We have to get as much control as we possibly can, and then work out the best strategy to manage the situation in a balanced manner.

I agree.

A lot of folk have lost all perception about how damaging a lockdown can be if it is more than just a short term measure.

The idea that this can stay this way indefinitely and we'll completely destroy important aspects of our society because of this is insane.

We have to get as much control as we possibly can, and then work out the best strategy to manage the situation in a balanced manner.

By balanced manner, do you mean ‘how many deaths are acceptable’?

Every person that talks about getting this back and starting that up again and doing those things once more, it’s too early.

The right time will come, and the data will call it, but please let’s not rush into it?

Lambs to the slaughter?
Cannon fodder?
Collateral damage?

All for what - good old capitalism [emoji16][emoji106]

Never mind, we can have tax dodging millionaires / billionaires telling us all to dig deep for the NHS next [emoji120]

We'll pass Germany this week in cases. They have a steady rate of about 2000 cases a day now for the last 10 days, the UK is over 4k a day since the start of April. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

They are allowing small shops to reopen and allowing older children to sit exams observing social distancing. 

The UK looks to have plateaued at 4-5 thousand cases per day with the current lock-down/social distancing, but is not showing any signs of a reduction. until we are averaging under 500 cases a day, I doubt anything will be lifted, phased or otherwise. 

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We'll pass Germany this week in cases. They have a steady rate of about 2000 cases a day now for the last 10 days, the UK is over 4k a day since the start of April. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

They are allowing small shops to reopen and allowing older children to sit exams observing social distancing. 

The UK looks to have plateaued at 4-5 thousand cases per day with the current lock-down/social distancing, but is not showing any signs of a reduction. until we are averaging under 500 cases a day, I doubt anything will be lifted, phased or otherwise. 

Pretty sure Germany records differently to the Uk and most other countries. Covid only counts as a case,  if you have another illness too you are likely to be placed in that category. Can’t argue that Germany is the benchmark to follow however their recording of data also makes it look better than it is 

It's also quite hard to compare countries as we have all been testing in different ways.  At the moment it seems that Scotland and the UK are testing suspected cases and high-risk front line staff, so the number of cases will be higher.  I think the statistics we are supposed to be looking at are number of deaths and people in hospital, as that'st he indication of whether or not the NHS is coping.  

Unfortunately, while these are people who have families who have died, governments look at these deaths as statistics.  As callous as sounds on a personal level, these 'statistics' are what will determine when restrictions can be eased and there will be a level that is determined as acceptable.  That may sound cold to many or pragmatic to others, but it is the only way that these things can be judged.  

Every person that talks about getting this back and starting that up again and doing those things once more, it’s too early.

The right time will come, and the data will call it, but please let’s not rush into it?

Lambs to the slaughter?
Cannon fodder?
Collateral damage?

Never mind, we can have tax dodging millionaires / billionaires telling us all to dig deep for the NHS next [emoji120]
I don't think we should release restrictions just now, and I've said that repeatedly.

I'm making the point that i don't think this is sustainable beyond the long term (another 3 week extension maybe... Or even two more extensions).

After that we start causing real damage (including deaths) with the lockdown itself.

Yesterday there was a couple of cheap shots that somehow i care less about people dying. The government have to make this decision (they made a mess early on and have been trying to catch up since) and I'm sure as hell glad it's not me. And if you're not even in a position to consider the damaging effects of a lockdown will eventually be worse than the virus then I'm glad it's not you either.

Lambs to the slaughter?
Cannon fodder?
Collateral damage?

No one mentioned capitalism.

9 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Lambs to the slaughter?
Cannon fodder?
Collateral damage?

All for what - good old capitalism emoji16.pngemoji106.png

Never mind, we can have tax dodging millionaires / billionaires telling us all to dig deep for the NHS next emoji120.png

Profit > people

This in no less dangerous today as it was a month ago. The plan to flatten the curve in the UK, like in the US and Italy have meant that NHS resource has not been stretched to capacity and a perceived heard immunity has been gained somewhat. 

The flipside of that is, lots of people have died due to a delayed lockdown.  To lift it to soon will have the same effect. To have schools go back and relaxing some restrictions will take away the seriousness of the situation.  Public opinion shows that the majority want to continue with the lockdown until it is safe, regardless of what some media outlets are trying to pump out. 

28 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This in no less dangerous today as it was a month ago. The plan to flatten the curve in the UK, like in the US and Italy have meant that NHS resource has not been stretched to capacity and a perceived heard immunity has been gained somewhat. 

The flipside of that is, lots of people have died due to a delayed lockdown.  To lift it to soon will have the same effect. To have schools go back and relaxing some restrictions will take away the seriousness of the situation.  Public opinion shows that the majority want to continue with the lockdown until it is safe, regardless of what some media outlets are trying to pump out. 

Aye but we like football, will it be on it a couple weeks or whit. 

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On schools, I'm a teacher and Edinburgh council have said not to expect schools back in at all before June and probably not before the holidays either. That could change but we are all left trying to figure out how the hell to try and teach classes remotely.  Answers on a postcard for that one...

Edited by super_carson

Only muppets are suggesting that the lockdown ends now.

But this discussion was always about 6-9-12 months down the line.

I don't see anyway that we're not easing our lockdown by the summer. How long the different stages take is up for debate.

The schools are set now and will return in August. That's fairly predictable.

From that point i think we'll be on stage 2 of an easing process. Large crowds and football will probably be last to return, hopefully before clubs start to fold.

I'm not playing down the seriousness of the virus. Some people are playing down the seriousness of extended lockdown - both economically and socially.

In relation to Scottish football, i believe it needs to survive, relatively intact. Delays to next season are inevitable, and obviously this season has been cluster-fucked - but losing a severe number of football clubs permanently would be too high a price to pay. It's down the priority list, obviously - but that kind of long term impact on Scottish society is not acceptable for this virus (imo).

This line about the economy that is getting pushed just now, Getting things back up and running. This will not help small businesses as they will be in contact with individuals on a daily basis, Like tradesmen, small shops, hairdressers, people at close proximity will be at risk. Large retail is still working, supermarkets have experienced Christmas levels of sales for two months. 

Having construction on larger projects returning leads to more people on public transport as we saw at the start of the lockdown. 

All of these things will increase the amount of cases. 

All of the countries handling this better are testing more, making people wear masks, enforcing a stricter lockdown, We have had over 4000 cases a day since the start of April and haven't changed strategy other than to start recording care home deaths.  

If the current strategy is to simply hope it goes away and not try to significantly reduce the cases, then the lockdown will continue for a long time. I can see the UK reaching 500,000 cases by June while other countries will be, by then, on phased reductions and getting their economies back on track. 

POTY:  only need to sell  5 more tickets  to get us to £10,000 towards club funds , well done to all who have purchased to date 

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I know that covid19 is happening but can we keep this to football chat? We get enough shit from the actual media without people posting absolute drivel on here too!

Does anyone know if there has been anything coming from the reconstruction talks yet? I noticed Lachlan hasn’t posted anything yet!

Who is under contract for next season?

Moore
Ecrepont
Anyone else?

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I know that covid19 is happening but can we keep this to football chat? We get enough shit from the actual media without people posting absolute drivel on here too!

Does anyone know if there has been anything coming from the reconstruction talks yet? I noticed Lachlan hasn’t posted anything yet!

Who is under contract for next season?

Moore
Ecrepont
Anyone else?

Houston, McKenzie and Hare-Reid. Pretty sure a couple more of the youngsters will be contracted.