The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don't know if this has already been covered, but how does the cash split work for cup matches ? do the streaming proceeds get split between the clubs or do the home club keep them all ?

League & Cup alike, home side arrange streaming, deduct 20% for costs & the remaining 80% is split evenly between the 2 sides, I’m led to believe.

8 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

League & Cup alike, home side arrange streaming, deduct 20% for costs & the remaining 80% is split evenly between the 2 sides, I’m led to believe.

Not the case for the League. Home clubs keep all streaming receipts for the League as they would all the gate receipts if it had a crowd. Cup, yes, you are correct.

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I see that Reading will be on International duty meaning that he will miss the next 3 games. Obviously a new signing will be re-assuring but who are we going to play there in the mean time?  

I don’t think we will sign another fullback. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

See one of our old player might be against us tonight, Paul Cairney has made a comeback after two years out. Really liked him and was surprised it didn’t work out for him. Boy had fitness issues so got god knows what kind of shape he’ll be in but definitely good football brain, best of luck to the boy.

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

See one of our old player might be against us tonight, Paul Cairney has made a comeback after two years out. Really liked him and was surprised it didn’t work out for him. Boy had fitness issues so got god knows what kind of shape he’ll be in but definitely good football brain, best of luck to the boy.

Paul Cairney was a strange wee guy. I remember he turned up to player of the year (a shirt and tie event) in his Ayr United tracksuit. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Paul Cairney was a strange wee guy. I remember he turned up to player of the year (a shirt and tie event) in his Ayr United tracksuit. 

Yeah, him and El Alagui both turned up with tracksuits to the POTY. McCall also mocked Cairney's weight during McCalls speech. I think McCall sent the pair of them home early as they were the first to leave. 

David Smith in the AP given a rallying call to Ayr fans to buy season tickets due to disappointing numbers. Apparently we’ve sold 500 season ticket. They had budgeted for a similar number of season ticket sales to last year and some fans to be in by the turn of the year.

Mark Kerr not ruling out adding some more faces before the window closes. 

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

David Smith in the AP given a rallying call to Ayr fans to buy season tickets due to disappointing numbers. Apparently we’ve sold 500 season ticket. They had budgeted for a similar number of season ticket sales to last year and some fans to be in by the turn of the year.

Mark Kerr not ruling out adding some more faces before the window closes. 

Club can't take any blame in this one. 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

I think he has/had health problems, which have prevented him from being in optimum condition.