The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Carrick before it? 

Sadly I’m not going.

Was planning on it but they changed kick off from 7:30 to 7 so I’ll likely not be home in time.

However I know how much Maybole is loved on this page so I thought I’d mention it.

33 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

It's very similar :-) it's meant to be the Bodog.com logo, I sent him a pic and that's the best the fella could do.

Did you have a Bebo account? 

Me neither.... 

Bodog on left, Bebo on right :-) 

DEXATI20180716212900.png

PM me on Bebo to discuss further

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Bobo put in some shifts over the years, absolutely immense when fully fit in some of the cup games especially.
Have to think if he didn't have his injury issues he possibly could have carved out a solid career in the championship. 

Can't believe Eddie Forrest getting torn into, thought he was solid enough at our level, wouldn't have him with our current crop but at the time I liked him. 

Campbell was a rock in our 2 promotions under Reid.  His partnership with Eddie Malone was particularly good.  The fact he missed most of our 2 seasons in the championship was a factor in our subsequent relegations.  Was a real pity that he had so many problems with injury - strange that his brother seemed to have the same problem - bad genes!

17 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Campbell was a rock in our 2 promotions under Reid.  His partnership with Eddie Malone was particularly good.  The fact he missed most of our 2 seasons in the championship was a factor in our subsequent relegations.  Was a real pity that he had so many problems with injury - strange that his brother seemed to have the same problem - bad genes!

Provably the last player in my generation to have a testimonial in Ayr colours. 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Rangers? Humped 5-0, I was there :-) 

Yeah I think it was Rangers, sadly I didn’t see that. Only time I’ve seen our team beat them was on a cold Monday night watching Ayr reserves play against near enough their 1st team and we won 3-0. Colin Jackson hat rick for Ayr. Must have been early 90’s lol

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Has Roxanne banned her man from the internet ? 

No, I'm just waiting on a subject being brought up so I can rip the arse out it :-) 

Plus, I'm quite sure I'd be missed :-) 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Watching back Saturdays match again, the difference in both Forrest and McGuffie is very noticeable. Both been doing extra sessions with Moffat, who posted a video of them all doing sessions down KG5. Definetly improved their physique which at this level is what they needed. Both have the talent for this level, but were just missing that something.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Any clue what's happening with the "biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history" the way Graeme Miller was talking it was to be announced shortly but that was almost 2 weeks ago now.

I was wondering that myself. Though I'm hoping it's not being paid to the club in 'bitcoin' as Graeme Miller seems keen on it, for it to continuously depreciate in value. 

Surely they'll let us know as soon as something happens. It sounds good for Ayr United whatever it is.