The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Watching back Saturdays match again, the difference in both Forrest and McGuffie is very noticeable. Both been doing extra sessions with Moffat, who posted a video of them all doing sessions down KG5. Definetly improved their physique which at this level is what they needed. Both have the talent for this level, but were just missing that something.

That something should be happening long before 1st team football IMHO.

17 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Was it not the Mecure Hotel thing or have I missed something? Biggest sponsorship deal in club history?? 

Always thought that would come from Calvin Ayre. He's a Billionaire, is he not? Whether it be Bodog or Bitcoin bch, I always saw him as the sort of guy that would say 'Here's £1000000, away f**k the auld firm!' 

I hope they tell us soon, I'd like to know what this sponsorship is. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Any clue what's happening with the "biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history" the way Graeme Miller was talking it was to be announced shortly but that was almost 2 weeks ago now.

I have not gone back to listen to the GM interview but I am sure he referred to an advertising deal not a sponsorship deal.

Any clue what's happening with the "biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history" the way Graeme Miller was talking it was to be announced shortly but that was almost 2 weeks ago now.

I’m sure I read a comment from AU media that said it would be announced in the next few weeks so it could be any day now.

How much does a team, as a whole, get from winning the league one title in Scotland? I don't mean for it just to be thrown into the transfer budget, I meant for the club as an entirety... 

Less than Brechin got for finishing bottom of the Championship I think.

According to the Scotsman, last season it was this.  Chicken feed compared to everyone else in the championship. 

Premiership 1st - £3.176m 2nd - £2.28m 3rd - £1.96m 4th - £1.72m 5th - £1.6m 6th - £1.48m 7th - £1.36m 8th - £1.3m 9th - £1.24m 10th - £1.19m 11th - £1.13m 12th - £1.07m

Championship 1st - £533k 2nd - £450k 3rd - £379k 4th - £308k 5th - £237k 6th - £213k 7th - £201k 8th - £190k 9th - £178k 10th - £166k

League One 1st - £119k 2nd - £102k 3rd - £83k 4th - £81k 5th - £78k 6th - £76k 7th - £73k 8th - £71k 9th - £69k 10th - £66k

League Two 1st - £64k 2nd - £62k 3rd - £59k 4th - £57k 5th - £55k 6th - £52k 7th - £50k 8yh - £47k 9th - £45k 10th - £43k

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/spfl-announce-record-prize-money-for-scottish-football-clubs-1-4718687

45 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

According to the Scotsman, last season it was this.  Chicken feed compared to everyone else in the championship. 

Premiership 1st - £3.176m 2nd - £2.28m 3rd - £1.96m 4th - £1.72m 5th - £1.6m 6th - £1.48m 7th - £1.36m 8th - £1.3m 9th - £1.24m 10th - £1.19m 11th - £1.13m 12th - £1.07m

Championship 1st - £533k 2nd - £450k 3rd - £379k 4th - £308k 5th - £237k 6th - £213k 7th - £201k 8th - £190k 9th - £178k 10th - £166k

League One 1st - £119k 2nd - £102k 3rd - £83k 4th - £81k 5th - £78k 6th - £76k 7th - £73k 8th - £71k 9th - £69k 10th - £66k

League Two 1st - £64k 2nd - £62k 3rd - £59k 4th - £57k 5th - £55k 6th - £52k 7th - £50k 8yh - £47k 9th - £45k 10th - £43k

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/spfl-announce-record-prize-money-for-scottish-football-clubs-1-4718687

Ah, I can see where Lachlan Cameron is coming from. He must be throwing a hell of a load of money into the club. £119k is nothing, even if thrown into the transfer budget/wage budget. Looking at it in the stats given by Hawk89, it's of no surprise that Mcall was struggling with signing the likes of Ferguson and a keeper. Wage budget must be depleted. It's absolutely Nothing like the football manager pc game. Season ticket sales and opposition away fans must mean an awful lot to the day to day running of the club. 

Ffs, everyone buy a lottery ticket. 

Ah, I can see where Lachlan Cameron is coming from. He must be throwing a hell of a load of money into the club. £119k is nothing, even if thrown into the transfer budget/wage budget. Looking at it in the stats given by Hawk89, it's of no surprise that Mcall was struggling with signing the likes of Ferguson and a keeper. Wage budget must be depleted. It's absolutely Nothing like the football manager pc game. Season ticket sales and opposition away fans must mean an awful lot to the day to day running of the club. 
Ffs, everyone buy a lottery ticket. 
Buying a lottery ticket is hardly the solution.

We need to get as involved in the club as possible, and contain our natural desires for that extra signing. It's vital that we try to live within our means, and support the club as much as possible to achieve success.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Buying a lottery ticket is hardly the solution.

We need to get as involved in the club as possible, and contain our natural desires for that extra signing. It's vital that we try to live within our means, and support the club as much as possible to achieve success.

Well said. :-) 

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Nah, it is a sponsorship deal.

Is it a sponsorship or advertising deal? Different posts conflicted. Suppose it’s ’imminent’ at whatever it is and if it benefits the club then kudos to those involved. 

10 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Is it a sponsorship or advertising deal? Different posts conflicted. Suppose it’s ’imminent’ at whatever it is and if it benefits the club then kudos to those involved. 

Don’t know why I wrote sponsorship because I meant to write advertising :lol:. From what I was told it’s just a case of crossing the I’s, dotting the T’s and getting things in place. Hopefully soon. 

28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'm now convinced we are renaming Somerset it will now be known as The Bellrock Bar Park. emoji6.png

Can’t blame Kerr for trying, good on him for showing initiative  drawing support to his Dads bar. 

So just how good is Shankland? 

Did his goals come last season as he was playing against part-timers or are you confident he can continue to improve?

I watched him twice last season and I think he has a chance to step back up to the premier at some point.