The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He didn’t have much to do at all, really. Came to gather a couple crosses but dealt with everything as you would expect. Sliced one back pass due to Ferguson putting him under real pressure with a poor pass.

Generally today was hard work, lots of endeavour from the likes of Shankland, Forrest and McDaid but not much end product. Murdoch was a class act, I felt, but we just seemed to be a touch pedestrian. That said second half improved and we forced the big fat goalie into a few decent-ish saves.

37 minutes ago, super_carson said:

He didn’t have much to do at all, really. Came to gather a couple crosses but dealt with everything as you would expect. Sliced one back pass due to Ferguson putting him under real pressure with a poor pass.

Generally today was hard work, lots of endeavour from the likes of Shankland, Forrest and McDaid but not much end product. Murdoch was a class act, I felt, but we just seemed to be a touch pedestrian. That said second half improved and we forced the big fat goalie into a few decent-ish saves.

Today was a good wee day out. The only slight annoyance I had was that Harvie was at the left and Bell was in the middle with the big farmer. Murdoch was playing out right too. Obviously the manager knows what he's doing, though I was surprised to see Ayr lined up as the were, though I didn't think at any point today Ayr would have got beat.

Doohan is coming on and never really put a foot wrong in this match, be it from a lesser team than what he soon has to face week-in week-out. Not a bad result at all. 

Parking is horrific up there though. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
I'm a silly knob that mixed up Bell with Harvie.

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Today was a good wee day out. The only slight annoyance I had was that Bell was at the left and Harvie was in the middle with the big farmer. Murdoch was playing out right too. Obviously the manager knows what he's doing, though I was surprised to see Ayr lined up as the were, though I didn't think at any point today Ayr would have got beat.

Doohan is coming on and never really put a foot wrong in this match, be it from a lesser team than what he soon has to face week-in week-out. Not a bad result at all. 

Parking is horrific up there though. 

No they weren’t. Harvie was at left back with Bell and Adams at Centre back. 

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Very true. Probably good that the first game where he will likely come under some pressure will be away from home against Thistle. A howler from him at home and that'll be him a scapegoat in the eyes of many. 

Yup.  And the thing is, i'm certain that he WILL make mistakes.  Some will probably lead to goals.  But i'd wager that every single keeper in the league will do the same.  In my summer boredom I watched a load of the highlights from last time we were up, and Fleming made far more errors tha. j can remember - they just didnt get focussed on that much.  Hopefully he has a solid few weeks. A clean sheet today should help. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No they weren’t. Harvie was at left back with Bell and Adams at Centre back. 

Some header from big Harvie for the goal though eh? Crazy to think he owns a farm. 

Edited by Hursty

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Yup.  And the thing is, i'm certain that he WILL make mistakes.  Some will probably lead to goals.  But i'd wager that every single keeper in the league will do the same.  In my summer boredom I watched a load of the highlights from last time we were up, and Fleming made far more errors tha. j can remember - they just didnt get focussed on that much.  Hopefully he has a solid few weeks. A clean sheet today should help. 

You just need to watch highlights from the world cup, even Lloris who walked away with a winner medal made a couple of mistakes and a really shiter in the final. It happens, but as a young lad he's learning and will bounce back stronger everytime with the right support. 

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

You just need to watch highlights from the world cup, even Lloris who walked away with a winner medal made a couple of mistakes and a really shiter in the final. It happens, but as a young lad he's learning and will bounce back stronger everytime with the right support. 

Aye - I bored far too many of my non Ayr supporting pals in Smiths watching De Gea v Portugal and Lloris in the final among others with rants along those lines. 

40 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wasn't even there and I know that's drivel.

Sorry, got mixed up with Harvie and Bell. :-s

I'm officially a knob end. We all know this on P&B. 

DEXATI20180721215715.png

Edited by Roxanne's man

I thought Doolan done well. He had a good save in the first half, came confidently for a couple of crosses and his distribution was excellent.

That pitch is a disgrace. There's a dip down near the corner on the stand side that probably appears on ordnance survey maps.

How did Doohan get on today? Had searched it on twitter and someone had mentioned someone being “even worse” than Doohan. (I’m assuming Albion keeper) Someone who I’m sure is notoriously negative said it though so taking it with a spade full of salt.

I wasn’t there so can’t comment but I’ve seen the same tweet and wouldn’t read too much into it. The guy talks a lot of shite. Got into a spat with Graeme Miller on Twitter last season after he was called out for the constant negativity.

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:

That pitch is a disgrace. There's a dip down near the corner on the stand side that probably appears on ordnance survey maps

I noticed that too. Surely the spfl have a standard that they have to keep at all grounds. Though, in respect, I've been comparing all away grounds to Somerset. Stair park is the worst IMO. 

Usual terrible pitch holes everywhere, made hard work of it but never looked like losing. Young keeper done well especially with the pass back from ferguson, don't know what he was thinking with that pass back.

Moore really poor everyone else done enough, Shankland Crawford And Murdoch very good

Number 10 Jamie Watson signed from the juniors done really well for them up front made big Jamie and bell work for there wages but had nobody backing him up I'm sure McCall will be watching him for the future 23 so a late developer I think