The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If you really are concerned for the goalies welfare should you not be more worried if McCall has signed someone who is up to playing at this level? Likewise if he makes a few howlers and confidence is shot will he be  managed correctly or just stubbornly selected each week? The fans have a part to play here however it’s the manager that deserves the finger pointing on this particular subject.  

Talk about not remotely reading what I said.

Why are we even talking about finger pointing, he has played two games and been absolutely fine! We have many fans who are utter illiterate roasters as the SRE shows.

I’m not concerned for his welfare, it must be very rare for a keeper at this level to make a mistake and be hounded by their own fans to have the mental fortitude to bounce back from it. Hard enough for an experienced keeper to do it.

Not really sure what your issue is.

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Talk about not remotely reading what I said.

Why are we even talking about finger pointing, he has played two games and been absolutely fine! We have many fans who are utter illiterate roasters as the SRE shows.

I’m not concerned for his welfare, it must be very rare for a keeper at this level to make a mistake and be hounded by their own fans to have the mental fortitude to bounce back from it. Hard enough for an experienced keeper to do it.

Not really sure what your issue is.

I read exactly what you said. Not really sure your argument is strong enough to label fellow fans thick or utter illiterate roasters just because they don’t share your opinion tbh 

I read exactly what you said. Not really sure your argument is strong enough to label fellow fans thick or utter illiterate roasters just because they don’t share your opinion tbh 

Again not reading what I said.

I said “many of our fans are utter illiterate roasters as the SRE shows.”

If you don’t agree that place is full of roasters then I feel for you.

I don’t particularly have an argument, other than that our fans shouldn’t abuse a young keeper after making a singular mistake. Again, not sure what your issue is with that.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

I actually think Ruddy has the potential to become a very good keeper. The thing holding him back at the minute is his attitude. Still a young guy so time to screw the nut but only time will tell if he grows up quick enough 

It's a common thing with younger players I presume, really bad attitude. Like you said, maybe over time he will grow up and become a great goalkeeper. The Worst attitude I've ever seen in a player was Ryan Stevenson, never really grew out his Arrogance imo. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Again not reading what I said.

I said “many of our fans are utter illiterate roasters as the SRE shows.”

If you don’t agree that place is full of roasters then I feel for you.

I don’t particularly have an argument, other than that our fans shouldn’t abuse a young keeper after making a singular mistake. Again, not sure what your issue is with that.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Now now! Handbags at Dawn!  Calm down the pair of you.

Yes, you shouldn't bring down a young keeper for making a mistake and Yes, the SRE are a bunch a illiterate rejects. 

No need for drama. :-) 

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Must be something wrong with me absolutely buzzing for my first game of the season against stenny on tuesday

Turned into quite a big game actually because a win for us and Partick on Tuesday will set up the Partick game on Saturday for a winner finishes top of the group, for Tuesday it seems that stenny were awful  yesterday and are down to the bare bones already.

Think McCall will change it back to something more similar to the team that beat Morton so expecting a comfortable win with hopefully quite a few goals.

Turned into quite a big game actually because a win for us and Partick on Tuesday will set up the Partick game on Saturday for a winner finishes top of the group, for Tuesday it seems that stenny were awful  yesterday and are down to the bare bones already.
Think McCall will change it back to something more similar to the team that beat Morton so expecting a comfortable win with hopefully quite a few goals.
Yeah would expect Kerr, Geggan, Rose and Moff to be back in the starting line up looking at the other groups even if we lose or draw and don't get the bounus point at partick we would be very unlucky not to get through with 9 or 10 points (not taking stenny for granted I've been an Ayr fan to long for that lol)

Anyone know what happened to Cristiano Kitsuke? Was on trial at Ayr a couple of year back, ex Rangers youth. (Yes, I've already Googled it) 

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Must be something wrong with me absolutely buzzing for my first game of the season against stenny on tuesday

Hope you enjoy it bud :-) 

Edited by Roxanne's man

McCall has played this cup down, and rightly so, saying it is still pre season, blah blah blah.

I bet you he will be DEMANDING a win on Tuesday night.

Heading up to the Maryhill Magyars for a 'winner takes all' on Saturday - thank you very much.

The point of keeping the same team is about consistency and he will be delighted so far - makes his decision / gamble justified (so far).

Creating a winning mentality is so important.

Anyone know what happened to Cristiano Kitsuke? Was on trial at Ayr a couple of year back, ex Rangers youth. (Yes, I've already Googled it) 

Lower league Swedish football last time I checked.

His name was brought up ages ago when talking about the Raydale Cup. He was one of 3 obscure foreign trialists that played I believe.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lower league Swedish football

Went up in the world. 

He was the last foreign person I could think on seeing at Somerset. He wasn't too bad, Mccall obviously didn't feel the need to sign him at the time. 

Let's just not get ahead of ourselves and concentrate on Stenny. We've been lucky in this cup since it's change that we've not been on the end of any howlers, it'll happen eventually...let's hope for a professional and clinical performance, and the 3 points.

Went up in the world. 

He was the last foreign person I could think on seeing at Somerset. He wasn't too bad, Mccall obviously didn't feel the need to sign him at the time. 

Hare-Reid is a kiwi but apart from him I can't remember any not brits for while, gone are the days of the djaffo, finbogasan, Castila, Rolling, horrice etc days.

Hare-Reid is a kiwi but apart from him I can't remember any not brits for while, gone are the days of the djaffo, finbogasan, Castila, Rolling, horrice etc days.

Went up in the world. 

I can’t believe that you’ve both managed to wipe any memory of El Alagui from 2 seasons ago.

And Peter Murphy isn’t British either.

I can’t believe that you’ve both managed to wipe any memory of El Alagui from 2 seasons ago.

I actually thought El Alagui was our savour when he signed given his record with falkirk how wrong was I. Forgot Murphy was ROI would he be the last player with a full international cap to play for us?

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, D said:

I actually thought El Alagui was our savour when he signed given his record with falkirk how wrong was I. Forgot Murphy was ROI would he be the last player with a full international cap to play for us?

Yeah I think so. We've got 8 players that have caps for Scotland at various youth levels plus Kerr who played for the Scotland B team when it was still running. 

El Alagui.... The guy that only just managed to score against Raith with Ryan Stevenson in Nets...... How did I forget him? 

Junior Mendes? He was from abroad I think? Murphy, he was a decent centre-half, Annan Manager now. 

Jerome Varielle or whatever he was called. Ludovic Roy. Ryan McGowan (loan from Hearts). I can't really think of any more recently. Had a spurt of foreign talent in the nineties.

Edited by Roxanne's man
Thinking of foreign players and adding when I remember them.