The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

48 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

FTFY

I still have no idea what the point of that was. 😱

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness, I don't think he's alone !!!

There's a number of candidates on this thread. Myself included on Saturday night, I was bealing. 

@BukyOHare argument seems to be that you should finish in the league based on your budget/size of club when football is just simply not as straight forward as that. There is several factors which will determine your finishing position, the main ones being the manager and player recruitment. Promotion Playoffs was the target this season (Kerr has even being quoted as saying this) and anything else should be seen as a failure and a disappointing season. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

@BukyOHare argument seems to be that you should finish in the league based on your budget/size of club when football is just simply not as straight forward as that. There is several factors which will determine your finishing position, the main ones being the manager and player recruitment. Promotion Playoffs was the target this season (Kerr has even being quoted as saying this) and anything else should be seen as a failure and a disappointing season

I can agree with that and add a caveat that not all failure is unacceptable and should lead to a sacking e.g. 5th or 6th whereas relegation by any means is unacceptable and should lead to termination. 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I can agree with that and add a caveat that not all failure is unacceptable and should lead to a sacking e.g. 5th or 6th whereas relegation by any means is unacceptable and should lead to termination. 

I’d agree with this. As you say 5th or 6th would be a disappointing season but not necessarily lead to a sacking. The reason I’m edging towards Kerr out is not so much out league position but more so the manner in which we are losing games. When we concede we always seem to concede again straight away and then on Saturday we looked to have snatched a point only to let them go straight up the pitch and score. It’s basic stuff.  

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d agree with this. As you say 5th or 6th would be a disappointing season but not necessarily lead to a sacking. The reason I’m edging towards Kerr out is not so much out league position but more so the manner in which we are losing games. When we concede we always seem to concede again straight away and then on Saturday we looked to have snatched a point only to let them go straight up the pitch and score. It’s basic stuff.  

That's fair but I think it needs to be recognised that as unaceptable as the manner of the goals conceded is, that's not happening at home, we've conceded two goals - both penalties in all home games this season.  So that shows Kerr knows what he's doing with a defence to me, just needs to show that away from home now, which at times this season and last he has, enough? No. 

The players are letting him down, someone needs to stand up and lead on the park and the captaincy should change to reflect that. 

Edited by itzdrk

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nothing mentioned surprisingly

Genuinely shocked that Celtic have gone off on a jolly boys outing to Dubai.  Talk about tone deaf. Would be hilarious if they had to quarantine for 14 days when they come back.

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Genuinely shocked that Celtic have gone off on a jolly boys outing to Dubai.  Talk about tone deaf. Would be hilarious if they had to quarantine for 14 days when they come back.

Leave them in Dubai. Horrible club 

27 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, professional sport unaffected by today's lockdown announcement.

I’m surprised mandatory testing hasn’t been introduced for lower leagues. With the governments grants were probably now in the position where we could afford it. 

59 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, professional sport unaffected by today's lockdown announcement.

Heard today that could change ,Premiership supposed to be ok with lower leagues possibly being suspended or testing being mandatory 

32 minutes ago, North British said:

I’m beginning to wonder if the fans will even be back in for next season .....

Fans will be in next season , going by vaccination programme, May looks like a probable return for at least some spectators 

19 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Heard today that could change ,Premiership supposed to be ok with lower leagues possibly being suspended or testing being mandatory 

With the £500,000 grant all championships clubs have got then therereally is no reason why we shouldn’t be testing if required to do so. 

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Fans will be in next season , going by vaccination programme, May looks like a probable return for at least some spectators 

That’s relying on the government(s) not making a pigs arse of it. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With the £500,000 grant all championships clubs have got then therereally is no reason why we shouldn’t be testing if required to do so. 

That’s relying on the government(s) not making a pigs arse of it. 

The vaccine is something that have been pretty good with so far, they place orders and got the supply chain in place for the Oxford vaccine very quickly and bought in bulk, about 100 million doses,  before Astrazenica took over, with no guarantees at that point it would work. The Westminster government has been a shambles on a range of issues on the handling of this but look to have been spot on with the vaccine. 

Makes you wonder if that was the only plan all along.  

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The vaccine is something that have been pretty good with so far, they place orders and got the supply chain in place for the Oxford vaccine very quickly and bought in bulk, about 100 million doses,  before Astrazenica took over, with no guarantees at that point it would work. The Westminster government has been a shambles on a range of issues on the handling of this but look to have been spot on with the vaccine. 

Makes you wonder if that was the only plan all along.  

I believe all / most Governments picked / backed various companies and ordered accordingly, we seem to have been quite lucky in as much as our "big bets" seem to have come in but of course the regulators also acted quicker than most in ratifying the safe usage compared to many other countries.

I suppose we can only hope that they do indeed prove to be effective in real world usage and after a few months we can get back to some sort of normality.