The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Sorry, this really annoys me. I read about Corrie Ndaba, who in fairness could be a great addition to the Ayr Squad. Hopefully could work alongside Baird and drop Roscoe to the bench.

However, on reading the article, the last sentence said 'Ian Mccalls men sit 6th in the Scottish Championship'. I emailed to complain. Was nice enough to reply. 

Screenshot_20210106_151805.jpg

Aye, okay mate

16 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Sorry, this really annoys me. I read about Corrie Ndaba, who in fairness could be a great addition to the Ayr Squad. Hopefully could work alongside Baird and drop Roscoe to the bench.

However, on reading the article, the last sentence said 'Ian Mccalls men sit 6th in the Scottish Championship'. I emailed to complain. Was nice enough to reply. 

Screenshot_20210106_151805.jpg

Reading that there's the fear that Ndaba doesn't say much. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Obviously Mark Kerr views it differently from the majority on here. Guessing that may mean two fairly young players are coming in then. Fair play for freshening things up and Ndaba will need a broad set of shoulders in our current form

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

My brain corrected for that. I had to read it again just there.

I'm even worse, I thought it was a quote from Patrick "Reading" !!!

I agree that Ayr need a new attacking player, or at least someone capable of holding up the ball. I don't believe that there are that many striking options in the team currently 🙄

Let's be honest. Zannata hasn't looked great at all, Walsh hasn't seen the best of games yet, Moffat, although he puts in a shift, he hasn't been putting them in the net. 

I actually spoke to a K*marnock fan (works at Troon train station and Is a good guy.) who didn't believe Innes Cameron would make it at K*llie and thought that maybe might make it at Championship level. 🙄 I'm very unsure of that tbh, no offence to the boy. 

Cammy Smith has been probably the best player Ayr have got so far, hopefully he stays till the season end. 

I think Ayr should be looking at ex-premier league players 🙄 though they seem to be few and far between. Anthony Stokes would tick the boxes, I'm not a fan but if he can improve the team 🙄 though would he go to Ayr? Dolly Menga for the hold up play, as he's built like a tank? 🙄 

Experience is essential, especially going into the latter stages of the season. 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doesn’t really matter given he can’t play for anyone else. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be back with us.

Think he can go abroad and play, is that right?  Seems less likely with the whole Covid stuff than just staying at Ayr though you would think.  

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Think he can go abroad and play, is that right?  Seems less likely with the whole Covid stuff than just staying at Ayr though you would think.  

Nah, I'm pretty sure its a FIFA regulation so abroad isn't an option either. If he wants first team football for the next few months its us or Dundee United. I'd imagine he'll sign with us until the end of the season then he will have opportunities in the summer.

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

E7BCC244-ED2E-413B-AB24-DB8038CCBDC2.thumb.png.2df676e3625c480fc4d0095aa9dd07e7.png

See you later Cammy. 

Pretty sure that article relates to the circumstance where the season overlapped with 2019/20 finishing 2020/21. For instance, English Premier League teams extended some players to complete the 2019/20 season even though this entered into the 2020/21 registration window. I wouldn't worry I'm fairly certain it doesn't apply to Smith. 

ETA - Paging @Skyline Drifter - he'll know

Edited by Trogdor

30 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Pretty sure that article relates to the circumstance where the season overlapped with 2019/20 finishing 2020/21. For instance, English Premier League teams extended some players to complete the 2019/20 season even though this entered into the 2020/21 registration window. I wouldn't worry I'm fairly certain it doesn't apply to Smith. 

ETA - Paging @Skyline Drifter - he'll know

One season amendment of the rules due to disjointed season starts. Three clubs allowed this one season.