The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

All this talk of getting a striker in, I take it Mark McKenzie is deemed a bit raw yet? He's now 20 and had the square root of not very much, to try and break into the first team.

I've not seen much of him to be honest but it'd be a bit galling for a solution to be there looking out from the bench most weeks.

45 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

One season amendment of the rules due to disjointed season starts. Three clubs allowed this one season.

Oooft, Smith staying less of a done deal than I thought. 

Edited by Trogdor

Does anyone know how Brexit will affect foreign players outwith those with international caps ??

I'm assuming that this could cause major issues with work permits etc which will impact all teams apart from the very top sides ??

Yeah with the 3 club rule a thing this season we could be fucked, wouldn't surprise me anyway if he's having second thoughts considering the state of the shitfest results and performances recently.

If we lose him i honestly think we're relegation material, Smith has been our best player so far.

7 hours ago, North British said:

Lars Lokotsh ?

Was thinking this, not used often at Raith and we don’t have much space for him in the squad. 

Either that or Jack Hamilton if we want him to try a step up again before coming back to play next season. 

Never really made sense that Smith would sign on loan for us with no guarantee he’d have a contract with anyone come January.  Either he has a dud of an agent or he was aware that he could sign for another club.  

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Let’s hope Nielsen doesn’t read pie and bovril and that he doesn’t know the rule has been changed 

I’d be genuinely shocked if Smith doesn’t get better offers.  You’d think clubs at the lower end of the premier league might want him.

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I’d be genuinely shocked if Smith doesn’t get better offers.  You’d think clubs at the lower end of the premier league might want him.

I'm going to put it out there but is he actually a week in week out SPL player? I have my doubts. 

That's not to say he isn't talented but anything we've seen so far that's been above average, has been in fleeting flashes. 

That could be him adjusting to playing week in week out, our inconsistencies as a team or, in all likelihood, a combination of the two. 

Bar possibly Hamilton, what lower half SPL team would see him as anything other than a squad player? That's definitely not what he needs at this stage of his career. 

I'd be hopeful of him staying to the end of the season. After that, who knows. 

27 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm going to put it out there but is he actually a week in week out SPL player? I have my doubts. 

That's not to say he isn't talented but anything we've seen so far that's been above average, has been in fleeting flashes. 

That could be him adjusting to playing week in week out, our inconsistencies as a team or, in all likelihood, a combination of the two. 

Bar possibly Hamilton, what lower half SPL team would see him as anything other than a squad player? That's definitely not what he needs at this stage of his career. 

I'd be hopeful of him staying to the end of the season. After that, who knows. 

Perhaps not.  But there is so little genuine quality available in January that he could probably do a job for a good few clubs, who can doubtless pay more than us.