The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Had McCall, or probably any Ayr manager  had the same results since the start of the season, I'd have been at least privately calling for his head. 

Kerr frustration in his post match interviews in the recent weeks has probably matched most fans. I don't expect he has any huge emotional attachment to the club in the way most fans do but with this being his first managerial post, if it goes badly it could well be his only one in the senior game.  He could easily come out and say "rub of the green" or "we just don't have the resources to compete" like previous managers, blame budgets or training facilities or luck but he has been reasonably honest (comments about the midfield in the QOTS game aside) about the teams failings. 

He of course is the only one who can influence change and has hired most of the currently underperforming/failing squad. His evident frustration has made me think that he should be given time to get it right or at least try to.

Gary Caldwell was a warning that players with a philosophy don't make good managers, Kerr hasn't had players traumatised in a mock kidnapping yet so I have hope that he can turn it around. Hope doesn't trump facts though so he needs to start quickly. 

I think it's more a case of having to accept our limitations. I do agree that we've been terrible at times, however that's just a sign of the times I'm afraid. Players at all levels would appear to be regressing and that's obvious to see when the top players in virtually all the leagues seem to be 30's and above.

The fact remains that a couple of wins will have us top 3 and ultimately all the teams in this league are as bad as each other.

These cup games should be a huge priority for us , If I remember correctly we pocketed  about £60k for getting past County last season ,Skyline should be able to confirm . I know we are well capable of making an arse of it in the Highlands on Tuesday , but it’s high time these players maned up and punched their weight . Win on Tuesday and the caliber of who we bring in in the window could increase  exponentially . Not to mention what we can offer Smithy ....    

19 minutes ago, North British said:

These cup games should be a huge priority for us , If I remember correctly we pocketed  about £60k for getting past County last season ,Skyline should be able to confirm . I know we are well capable of making an arse of it in the Highlands on Tuesday , but it’s high time these players maned up and punched their weight . Win on Tuesday and the caliber of who we bring in in the window could increase  exponentially . Not to mention what we can offer Smithy ....    

This.  I'm not particularly confident for Tuesday based on recent form but in reality it's a game we absolutely should be going up and winning, and then should be getting through the next tie as well - it's a great opportunity to be in the last 16 with a minimum of fuss.  

Note the use of 'should' rather than 'will'  haha.  

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

This.  I'm not particularly confident for Tuesday based on recent form but in reality it's a game we absolutely should be going up and winning 

Note the use of 'should' rather than 'will'  haha.  

Yes, the reality is that they're a part time outfit 2 leagues below us and have already lost 33% of their league games this season, so despite our recent poor form we really shouldn't be going there expecting anything other than a comfortable win.

Of course, it may not turn out like that as we know all too well, however we certainly shouldn't be worried about going up there.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, the reality is that they're a part time outfit 2 leagues below us and have already lost 33% of their league games this season, so despite our recent poor form we really shouldn't be going there expecting anything other than a comfortable win.

Of course, it may not turn out like that as we know all too well, however we certainly shouldn't be worried about going up there.

Aye - they lost 3-1 to Albion Rovers a few weeks ago as an example 

21 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye - they lost 3-1 to Albion Rovers a few weeks ago as an example 

Cup football so unpredictable though

Crawley Town 3-0 Leeds ,  3 leagues between them just shows we need to be on our game 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Cup football so unpredictable though

Crawley Town 3-0 Leeds ,  3 leagues between them just shows we need to be on our game 

It's not massively unpredictable that a Leeds side that made 7 changes to their last league game and fielded a very much shadow side lost to a League standard opposition as much as the BBC headlines claim it to be a "stunning upset". A lot of English Premiership sides are bordering on actively trying to lose in the early rounds of the Cup.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not massively unpredictable that a Leeds side that made 7 changes to their last league game and fielded a very much shadow side lost to a League standard opposition as much as the BBC headlines claim it to be a "stunning upset". A lot of English Premiership sides are bordering on actively trying to lose in the early rounds of the Cup.

They did still have a big dumpling Dallinson who wasn't particularly good at Falkirk at centre half though....but yeah agree with you.   Ayr will be playing strongest team you would assume so wont have the excuse. 

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Saw that Jack Hamilton scored for Livi today from a Forrest assist - assume he won't be coming on loan then!

Martindale said the other day his recall was so he could come into the Livingston team and make an impact in next few games, also said if he was to go back out on loan it will be to east fife again. 

We'll end up with that useless German donkey Lars who's scored a mighty one goal this season.

Martindale said the other day his recall was so he could come into the Livingston team and make an impact in next few games, also said if he was to go back out on loan it will be to east fife again. 
We'll end up with that useless German donkey Lars who's scored a mighty one goal this season.

He said there was a chance East Fife might get him. If a Championship team wanted him and made it known he’d be involved then I don’t see why they wouldn’t choose to send him to a higher level.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Don’t know what Hamilton’s situation is coming back into Livingston is , but scoring today has done his chances of a first team slot no harm at all . However with Livingston in with a real shout at a European place maybe they won’t experiment too much . We seem to have a decent relationship with Livingston so maybe they see us as a decent option for his further development . On the other hand it could well be big Loko as he’s done at Raith and nowhere near the Livingston first team .