The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
Stevie Bell leaving so late in pre season also had a major impact, pretty sure he would have been as big a presence off the pitch as well as on it.

I think Muirhead has stepped into that role to an extent. Surprised by the season he's having tbh, along with McCowan they've been my two best performers. And only been sent off the once I think

Since his sending off at Morton he's really knuckled down. From what can be seen on the streams he's also trying to lead and mentor those around him. Could see just how frustrated he was in the last 5 minutes last weekend so the full time whistle came at the right time. 

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Does anyone know about the Goalkeeper situation?

I would rather be more reassured going into Saturday with a goalie than a manager.

Few keepers are free just now that might be interested just to keep playing 

Its trying to go after them and of they would want to play up here for Ayr

Sometimes a suprise happens and you get the right man

I would expect PG Morrison to sign when his deal at Motherwell is up if Ayr are still in the championship 

Ayr have been long time admirers of him decent keeper and young enough to improve 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

20 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I would rather be more reassured going into Saturday with a goalie than a manager.

We don't have one as far as i know.

Well apart from an U18 one

We don't have one as far as i know.
Well apart from an U18 one

We’ve got Sinisalo, we just don’t know if he’s fit.

If we don’t bring someone in then I would assume he’s been cleared fit to play.

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Pretty sure someone said that sinisalo was back as his injury was only minor last week

It's not a guarantee, especially with our history of saying players returning then being out for another 3 weeks.

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's not a guarantee, especially with our history of saying players returning then being out for another 3 weeks.

Davie White said in midweek update today that goalie trained okay today and no reaction so far, club also actively looking for another goalie, club has number of options and just a case of getting one over the line.  U18's will be available if required....

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

My fear is that the under 18s keeper is played 😬 Could be a big bag of nerves with his first senior team appearance. I hope this situation resolves itself and Sinisalo is okay to play. 

Would hate if Ayr signed a freebie keeper for the rest of the season, As Ryan Scully haunts me at night 😳

Feel for Hare-Reid as he never really had a chance to shine. Best of luck to him 👍

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Is Doohan not a no brainer....

Or is there something stopping that in terms of rules!

I share the same thoughts, club apparantly asked about him for last weekend but Celtic weren't for it, unsure if it was due to Covid test or he's maybe injured, not sure.

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

My fear is that the under 18s keeper is played 😬 Could be a big bag of nerves with his first senior team appearance. I hope this situation resolves itself and Sinisalo is okay to play. 

Would hate if Ayr signed a freebie keeper for the rest of the season, As Ryan Scully haunts me at night 😳

Feel for Hare-Reid as he never really had a chance to shine. Best of luck to him 👍

There’s no way an u18 will be first choice goalkeeper on Saturday 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

That literally makes no sense whatsoever! He’s fourth choice and nowhere near playing...

Celtic really are a shambles this season. 

Not fair on the young goalie , as you say Bain, Barkas and Hazard will always be in squad before him 

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
4 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
Stevie Bell leaving so late in pre season also had a major impact, pretty sure he would have been as big a presence off the pitch as well as on it.

I think Muirhead has stepped into that role to an extent. Surprised by the season he's having tbh, along with McCowan they've been my two best performers. And only been sent off the once I think

Once so far,   but agree he's been a positive.

Since his sending off at Morton he's really knuckled down. From what can be seen on the streams he's also trying to lead and mentor those around him. Could see just how frustrated he was in the last 5 minutes last weekend so the full time whistle came at the right time. 
He's been my player of the season so far. He's not faultless, but he's the one who looks like he's really giving it 100%. There are more talented players in the squad who play in fits and starts.