The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s going to be someone shite, isn’t it. I don’t think good news is a thing this season. 

Unless it’s Doohan everyone will say who ever it is shite anyway 

38 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

This must be one of our worst seasons for a long while on the number of individual players been injured

Sinisola, Houston, Reading, Muirhead, Ndaba,Cameron,Walsh,Moore,Wright,
Chalmers,Todd and Smith that I can think of have all missed games through injury in this shortened season 

Not disputing those players have missed some games (but only Moore, Walsh, Houston and Wright for an extended period) but I can't agree this is one of the worst for a long while in that regard. 

McCall's whole tenure was typified by the players being run into the ground by January. Mark and Mick actually did a decent job keeping players fit, managing injuries and not rushing players back too quickly. 

Edited by Kitty_Boy

I'm in the same boat with this.  My old man comes over to watch the games every Saturday and he really enjoys these segments and I like hearing about all these great players and games that happened well before my time.  As sentimental as it sounds, I think that's a nice thing to share for those of us whose family have connections to supporting Ayr.  
As for the commentary, it's a bit hit and miss.  Callum can get a bit over excited which can be grating but it's not the end of the world.  Lauren is excellent, I think she offers a good insight into the tactics of the game without the hyperbolic nonsense we get on BT and Sky Sports these days.  
Absolutely this.
McCowan should be fine , precautionary on Tuesday , no sling Wednesday and trained today , Moffat not trained last 2 days due to his strain 
And this is excellent news. Mccowan can win us a game single - handedly, something moffat has not done for a long time (sadly).

2 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Not disputing those players have missed some games (but only Moore, Walsh, Houston and Wright for an extended period) but I can't agree this is one of the worst for a long while in that regard. 

McCall's whole tenure was typified by the players being run into the ground by January. Mark and Mick actually did a decent job keeping players fit, managing injuries and not rushing players back too quickly. 

Aye it seemed like we had constant injuries under McCall so in that regard I wouldn't say anything had changed and in fact doesn't seem quite as bad now.    

9 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Have said from day one about Callum and how bad he is but didn’t know he was a volunteer for all this so fair play to him. ,his interview skills are fine it’s the commentary that you get the jitters from when he gets excited. The girl is excellent and so are the half time info sessions. They are all volunteers as I have said so it’s the mute button for me I’m. Afraid on all match days.

I don't mind the commentary. I don't expect it to be perfect and as you say you can always just mute it.

The bit that is really frustrating for me at least is the technical side of it. If they don't have the skills to run it they should ask for assistance. I am sure many of Ayr's supporters could help with various aspects of the service. I had emailed them right at the start and didn't even get a reply.

Didn’t this happen with Urminksy as well, it was initially a short loan but then got extended till the end of the season.  Perhaps the 7 day loan is the only way it can be processed in time for tomorrow, then the relevant paper work till the rest of the season can be sorted next week? 

Guest Flash
8 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Didn’t this happen with Urminksy as well, it was initially a short loan but then got extended till the end of the season.  Perhaps the 7 day loan is the only way it can be processed in time for tomorrow, then the relevant paper work till the rest of the season can be sorted next week? 

Emergency temporary transfers can only be for a maximum of 7 days, but can be extended for 7 days at a time. So, it won’t be a case of 7 days then the rest, it’ll just be a series of 7 day extensions.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Emergency temporary transfers can only be for a maximum of 7 days, but can be extended for 7 days at a time. So, it won’t be a case of 7 days then the rest, it’ll just be a series of 7 day extensions.

Ah thanks, I’d given up trying to follow the regulations for loans this season.  

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely this. And this is excellent news. Mccowan can win us a game single - handedly, something moffat has not done for a long time (sadly).

A couple of years ago now... the 3-1 away win to Alloa after the birth of his daughter the night before. Scored 2 and won a penalty. Legend!

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

So who will cancel first Motherwell or St Mirren