The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

All this to be announced next week you reckon? That would be very welcome indeed. Especially with the two Burnley boys on top of that. 

I was thinking the couple of loanees would be from Burnley , still leaves option of Scottish loanees who will become available closer to league starting 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I am going to go hopefully for an experienced centre forward 

an attacking midfielder/ forward 

a goalkeeper with   game experience 

backed up with a couple of out to prove themselves loanees  , this my guess absolutely no inside information 

All this to be announced next week you reckon? That would be very welcome indeed. Especially with the two Burnley boys on top of that. 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I was thinking the couple of loanees would be from Burnley , still leaves option of Scottish loanees who will become available closer to league starting 

The Burnley loanees won’t be announced till after the friendly. That’s the whole point of the friendly to allow Hopkin to get a look at them. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I would be hoping at least half of my predictions are announced next week , loanees will likely be here for league starting end July I would think 

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Place your bets please… who we signing next week?

I’m going for a striker (hopefully Todorov or someone with a bit of record in this league) and another forward/attacking midfielder.

Todorov 

Mebude

Cochrane

Rodgers

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am guessing Todorov because he’s not signed for anyone else. All other clubs that were rumoured to sign him have been signing players……

I fear that mob up the road will snatch him as a replacement for Lafferty

Mebude would be a decent addition imo. Still seems quite raw but with some coaching could become a good player. Cochrane is another id take a chance on but would require hefty compo to Hearts so I can’t see it happening.

Todorov has had a fairly below average career besides a spell at Livi and last season at ICT. I’m not even entirely sure if he’d do well for us but he seems like a reasonable finisher and Hopkin has worked with him before so he’d fit into the way he wants to play. I think it’s far more likely we’d get goals out of who plays alongside him as I could only see us getting 10-12 goals out of him.

I wonder even if there’s the funds in place to bring in someone who’s been doing well in League 1 or 2 but is still under contract and is worth a punt.

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Rodgers? Who is that? 

Danny Rodgers, can't think of many other gk's available in scotland

Plus FWIW i remember him having a blinder for Morton when we were shooting to the SRE in the 2nd half

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Danny Rogers I presume.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Danny Rodgers, can't think of many other gk's available in scotland

Plus FWIW i remember him having a blinder for Morton when we were shooting to the SRE in the 2nd half

Did nobody see his performances for Killie last season? Chucking the ball in the net v St Mirren and loads of other blunders. No thanks. I'll be extremely disappointed if that's the level we're aiming for 

Did nobody see his performances for Killie last season? Chucking the ball in the net v St Mirren and loads of other blunders. No thanks. I'll be extremely disappointed if that's the level we're aiming for 

Aye he was poor

But he’s also been pretty good at other clubs so I wouldn’t be gutted if we did sign him. Every player at our level is going to have had a stinker somewhere.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye he was poor

But he’s also been pretty good at other clubs so I wouldn’t be gutted if we did sign him. Every player at our level is going to have had a stinker somewhere.

True, but personally I dont want him anywhere near Somerset unless its with a visiting team. When Colin fcking Doyle is keeping you out of a shite team you know you've had your day

True, but personally I dont want him anywhere near Somerset unless its with a visiting team. When Colin fcking Doyle is keeping you out of a shite team you know you've had your day

Surely that’s more down to incompetence from Wright. He maybe felt that a more experienced keeper was his best bet in the relegation run in.

Rogers certainly isn’t my first choice but he at least has a track record from Dumbarton, Falkirk and Morton. I’m worried we end up bringing another Sam Ramsbottom up the road and then end up panicking and having to sign someone else at the arse end of the window.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely that’s more down to incompetence from Wright. He maybe felt that a more experienced keeper was his best bet in the relegation run in.

Rogers certainly isn’t my first choice but he at least has a track record from Dumbarton, Falkirk and Morton. I’m worried we end up bringing another Sam Ramsbottom up the road and then end up panicking and having to sign someone else at the arse end of the window.

I probably saw more Killie games last season than most on here, seeing as my mate had the season ticket and we'd watch them. Rogers is even worse than the highlights suggest, and I'd say Doyle was slightly better albeit he also had a shocker v St Mirren. 

Hopefully Robbo can swat away my fears by letting us know that Rogers isnt on our radar