The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The Hoppy effect paying dividends to our rivals.

We start pre season today and are still 6 or so players short.  What a complete mess. 

We did not start per season today , we start tomorrow with an extra 2/3 players attending training , I would not be concerned re number of squad we have available for when the action starts 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

League cup is going to be a disaster, long gone the days of blitzing the league cup under McCall to give us momentum going into the league.

Silence from club ain't helping either, had zero interviews online with Hopkin since league finished nearly 6 weeks ago

Hopkin has only been at club 4/5 days since season finished  , all new signings and Moffat re signing were all on Black and White Tv , what more do you want ? 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

We did not start per season today , we start tomorrow with an extra 2/3 players attending training , I would not be concerned re number of squad we have available for when the action starts 

I’m sure we will be fine numbers wise, however the fact we have absolutely no quality is a major issue. 

41 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Exactly, that’s a blow as he was the one that was almost certainly coming to us , must have been a late change of heart as Dunfermline were never in the running , there goes my good centre forward coming in this week 

Thought you didn't judge players, good or bad, until you saw them playing for Ayr?

So Todorov’s buggered off…..Hopkin has been on his holidays for 3 weeks and we start pre-season with about 6 players, none of them goalkeepers

I’m getting affy nervous now that this is turning in to a fucking farce and we are walking in to it. 
This isn’t a new manager walking in to a club 3 weeks before the season starts, Hopkin has been in the job since February and it is now June. All credible Scottish based players are now tied up and we are now starting from page one? 

what the f**k is going on? 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure we will be fine numbers wise, however the fact we have absolutely no quality is a major issue. 

Surely McGinty is an ex million pound man and former Man Utd "star" ???

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Hopkin has only been at club 4/5 days since season finished  , all new signings and Moffat re signing were all on Black and White Tv , what more do you want ? 

An interview with the manager himself to say how the progress is going with targets and how many we're looking to sign

Edited by rb123!

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

So Todorov’s buggered off…..Hopkin has been on his holidays for 3 weeks and we start pre-season with about 6 players, none of them goalkeepers

I’m getting affy nervous now that this is turning in to a fucking farce and we are walking in to it. 
This isn’t a new manager walking in to a club 3 weeks before the season starts, Hopkin has been in the job since February and it is now June. All credible Scottish based players are now tied up and we are now starting from page one? 

what the f**k is going on? 

We have a budget so I'm sure there will be many quality players available if we're willing to pay the going rate.

Remember, we also have the Burnley guys to come in plus other Loans from Scottish clubs I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Is there anyone that you know of that you could say we could get reasonably excited about? 

I mean, Ayr had Michael Paton training at the beginning of last season 🙄

By my count, we’ve lost 9 players from last season’s squad (Zanatta, McCowan, Walsh, Roscoe, Todd, Sinisalo, Ndaba, Wright, Smith) and only brought in 4, so I guess we need a minimum of 5 just to get us back to where we were numbers wise.. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

An interview with the manager himself to say how the progress is going with targets and how many we're looking to sign

Absoulotely this. McCall was tremendous for giving almost weekly interviews with Au Media during the close season giving fans updates on what was happening with regards to signings.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

We have a budget so I'm sure there will be many quality players available if we're willing to pay the going rate.

Remember, we also have the Burnley guys to come in plus other Loans from Scottish clubs I'm sure.

I’m not keen on pinning hopes on Burnley youths like they are going to come up and rip up the championship. If they have decent players not on the cusp of the first team, I’m sure they could go to league one clubs in England. We could most likely be on almost a tier 3 of loans from them.

unless we are going to pay a fee for players, we will be looking at frees, domestic and all likely players that are proven at this level or higher are gone so we are heading in to the unknown and will be becoming desperate in the next 2 weeks 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We should already have the vast majority of our squad in place with only a few more tweaks here and there but no we are still requiring several players. 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Absoulotely this. McCall was tremendous for giving almost weekly interviews with Au Media during the close season giving fans updates on what was happening with regards to signings.

He's doing about two a week just now up the road with Partick

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He's doing about two a week just now up the road with Partick

He's always talked a good game, no doubt about that.