The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

So we have gone from signing young, hungry players with a point to prove to having agents showcase free transfers to us. 

We have gone from a core squad, losing some quality every summer and replacing it to having a squad left of players we don't really want and the only quality we have went to Dundee. 

We have gone from a club that promotes young talent and an attractive club for young talent to come to, To a team that is looking at jobbers from England. 

The surprise is, it all happened in two years. 

What

the

f**k

is

going

on

It's okay though we've got a shiny steel structure for the hub arriving tomorrow, banter when there's more building materials arriving at Somerset than players

May be an image of outdoors

Just now, Trogdor said:

That looks awesome. Where you getting that picture from?

Club on facebook, although it will be good to have this facility at our use it doesn't help us win games on the football pitch

Just now, rb123! said:

Club on facebook, although it will be good to have this facility at our use it doesn't help us win games on the football pitch

Whilst this is true, there is only so far you can go on the field if off the field is a shambles. The hub could be a game changer for us, with a significant new revenue stream for the club. On the field, contracts are short at this level usually 1 year or 2 years max. That hub will be standing for the next 50+ years.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Whilst this is true, there is only so far you can go on the field if off the field is a shambles. The hub could be a game changer for us, with a significant new revenue stream for the club. On the field, contracts are short at this level usually 1 year or 2 years max. That hub will be standing for the next 50+ years.

Problem is though any financial benefit won't be seen for a few years but we need players now, as was widely said at the end of last season, there's f**k all point having a shiney new hub if we're in league one

Just now, rb123! said:

Problem is though any financial benefit won't be seen for a few years but we need players now, as was widely said at the end of last season, there's f**k all point having a shiney new hub if we're in league one

I think your issue isn't necessarily with the budget, it's how it's being spent?

I would imagine our budget for next year will be bigger again especially with 2 home games against the great unwashed. I'd wager we're running with a bigger budget than McCall had tbh.

I’d have no issue with this if it we were maybe taking a punt on 2 or 3 guys. However I have a horrible feeling we could end up with more as Hopkin will see this as an easy way to complete his squad. It’s obviously unfortunate that he was close to a couple of guys who then turned round and went elsewhere but it happens all the time in football and you need to be prepared with other targets.

Raith and QOS obviously did quite well when it came to bringing in guys from down South and you can find a gem or two but they need to come up with the right attitude first and foremost. It’s far too easy to make the same mistakes Falkirk did and that did not end well for them.

Has our budget been slashed considerably because it’s a complete nonsense to be going down this route otherwise.  The two loanees from Burnley I can accept but a bunch of ringers from a football agency? No thanks. 

Has our budget been slashed considerably because it’s a complete nonsense to be going down this route otherwise.  The two loanees from Burnley I can accept but a bunch of ringers from a football agency? No thanks. 

Given the approach we seem to be going down it would look like that but when we were targeting guys like Todorov you’d think we at least had a budget to compete in this league.

I’m not worried yet but if we sign 6 guys from the National League I will be.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d have no issue with this if it we were maybe taking a punt on 2 or 3 guys. However I have a horrible feeling we could end up with more as Hopkin will see this as an easy way to complete his squad. It’s obviously unfortunate that he was close to a couple of guys who then turned round and went elsewhere but it happens all the time in football and you need to be prepared with other targets.

Raith and QOS obviously did quite well when it came to bringing in guys from down South and you can find a gem or two but they need to come up with the right attitude first and foremost. It’s far too easy to make the same mistakes Falkirk did and that did not end well for them.

None of the guys Raith or QOS signed came from some low rate talent agency as far as I know. 

ETA: I know we warned by Morton fans about Hopkin’s recruitment but fucking f**k me. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Guys, just because we've got trials doesn't mean we'll sign any. Dinnae worry about something that hasn't happened yet. There's enough to worry about as it is. 

The fact we’re having to go down this route rather than have targets identified is already bad enough chief. 

In fairness this whole thing could’ve been organised ages ago and was happening regardless of who we signed. Might just be a coincidence it’s been announced on the day we miss out on our top target and when everyone is having a meltdown.