The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Dunfermline option only became available late last week after McManus was sold , his agent is McNamara so you can see how he ended up at Dunfermline 

If he wanted Todorov and Todorov wanted to leave Inverness then a deal could have been done on the 1st of May.

for a deal to be all but signed and then he moved to another club the day before pre-season starts is a riddy.

this is like when there was a shuffle of players a few seasons ago and we were in for Shankland, McHugh and one other and ended up with El Alagui. If your not fast you are last. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

this is like when there was a shuffle of players a few seasons ago and we were in for Shankland, McHugh and one other and ended up with El Alagui. If your not fast you are last.

Or the Jerome Vareillie fiasco some years ago .

Perhaps the loss of just about the last target man available this summer will change Hoppy's game plan somewhat ! Maybe McHugh will bridge that gap if available that is . Oh dear .

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

I'm inclined to agree . This is a major blow for Hopkins as his whole playing style is dependant on a big focal point no9 up top . Killie already have Cameron tied up and I'm guessing Jordon White is beyond our budget ! Any others ?

images.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Hopefully, he's not shite.

As I said on the ICT thread he's a better finisher than I and others thought but I do have a little suspicion he hit a purple patch where he couldn't stop scoring and I suspect that's not usually the norm with him but you never know. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Regular football definitely helped him a lot and he spoke highly of working with Dodds so I was a little surprised he didn't stay for that reason but as we've already mentioned he wanted to move back south for family reasons.

34 minutes ago, Iain said:

Squad may look terrible, but at least the manager got a nice holiday after working a whole six weeks or so this year. Priorities.

Guys not on holiday ,( had 2 weeks like all normal jobs) just doing what a number of people are doing which is working from home , also easier for him to talk to potential signings without asking them to travel down to an empty stadium , 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I literally have the fear that this season all goes to sh*t due to poor recruitment. 

Unless he pulls a mickey Reynolds or Glynn Hurst type from the lower english leagues, saying that, might not be able to cope with the physical aspects of Scottish football 🙄

If only someone could have seen this coming. 

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

I'm inclined to agree . This is a major blow for Hopkins as his whole playing style is dependant on a big focal point no9 up top . Killie already have Cameron tied up and I'm guessing Jordon White is beyond our budget ! Any others ?

Osman Sow - Dundee Football Club - Official Website

Having read all these pages and being disappointed at no new signing. I would summarise the thread as follows, there seem to be two camps:

Got The Time GIF

Text Street GIF

I'm just about in the its still early camp. I do have a really bad feeling about this season though.

Edited by Trogdor

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If only someone could have seen this coming. 

Every step, before it happens now you think....I hope this doesn't happen, he surely won't do that. 

Its like he is reading this forum and thinking,.......McGinty you say? I'll give him a phone, playing long balls you don't like? f**k you, I'll play them regardless of who is up front.

1 minute ago, mugen_power said:

Imagine the scenes when Killie pump us 6-0 on the opening day

and the further scenes when we're 6 points adrift in 10th by Xmas and the chairman gives Hoppy his "full support"

:lol: 

We'll get through the group stage of the cup, Beat Kilmarnock and then lose the next 8 games and he'll survive until February based on.....we started well. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Every step, before it happens now you think....I hope this doesn't happen, he surely won't do that. 

Its like he is reading this forum and thinking,.......McGinty you say? I'll give him a phone, playing long balls you don't like? f**k you, I'll play them regardless of who is up front.

The club are genuinely so lucky that killie are in the league next season and also people will just be glad to be back at games after so long away or we would beeb looking at an embarrassingly low number of season tickets sold. 

The Ayrshire Post is a pretty depressing read. We have 4 goalkeepers coming in on trial (2 are from England), Hopkin will also run the rule over trialists for the attacking area of the park. Alludes to being very close to a couple of targets but missing out.

It basically sounds like we’re going to have a number of trialists in training and hope a few turn out not to be dug meat rather than actually identifying players that he wants to sign and going out and getting them. 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The Ayrshire Post is a pretty depressing read. We have 4 goalkeepers coming in on trial (2 are from England), Hopkin will also run the rule over trialists for the attacking area of the park. Alludes to being very close to a couple of targets but missing out.

It basically sounds like we’re going to have a number of trialists in training and hope a few turn out not to be dug meat rather than actually identifying players that he wants to sign and going out and getting them. 

The Killie game could be a moment of truth for us.  They look they’ll be flying out the traps and we look like we’ll be anything but.  Hopkin has no credit in the bank and an opening day pasting from them won’t be something he’ll easily recover from.