The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We know David Smith reads this thread or at least someone who is close with him does. Think it’s time for the club to come out and actually clarify what’s happening at the club. Like it was said earlier the regular interviews with McCall were great. Get them restarted with Hopkin. Rather that than a few quotes from him in the Ayrshire post once a week. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The fact we’re having to go down this route rather than have targets identified is already bad enough chief. 

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

Spoiler

Sorry, you're asking for this!

You're approaching this all wrong, what makes you think this is Hopkin's primary recruitment strategy? Trials aren't inherently bad. Even if a couple look like go-ers, I imagine the manager will take them on trial for a few weeks to see how the integrate with the squad and how they are in training and only then offer a deal. 

Also QoS are doing it as well. So at least we have company. I hope we have first picks mind and not QoS's sloppy seconds! 😷

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In fairness this whole thing could’ve been organised ages ago and was happening regardless of who we signed. Might just be a coincidence it’s been announced on the day we miss out on our top target and when everyone is having a meltdown.

I think it's highly likely it has been pre arranged. People are rightly entitled to ask what plans B, C and D are though, without the "it'll be alright on the night" attitude that seems to be increasingly prevalent.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

Hide contents

Sorry, you're asking for this!

You're approaching this all wrong, what makes you think this is Hopkin's primary recruitment strategy? Trials aren't inherently bad. Even if a couple look like go-ers, I imagine the manager will take them on trial for a few weeks to see how the integrate with the squad and how they are in training and only then offer a deal. 

Also QoS are doing it as well. So at least we have company. I hope we have first picks mind and not QoS's sloppy seconds! 😷

Duffy and Hopkin have form for this type of thing do they not, and it didn't exactly have a happy ending for them.

The fact QOS are also doing it just makes it seem worse

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The fact we’re having to go down this route rather than have targets identified is already bad enough chief. 

The club have not announced they are going down this route , they are being made aware of players available and I would bet they don’t sign any player who is in the list , as someone mentioned above , at this current time 4 weeks from first game , we have signed about the same number of players as per previous years , plenty of players available on loan and there more players kicking about than just the usual Scottish market , 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

I'm assuming by the tone of this thread that there aren't likely to be any signings soon? And when signings are eventually announced its going to be a bunch of national League jobbers? Think I'll maybe hold off buying a season ticket..

It’s any fans prerogative to wait to purchase their season ticket , but going by government projected Covid levels  and how sales are going it could be a fair amount of time before a non season ticket holder gets into a game  

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The club have not announced they are going down this route , they are being made aware of players available and I would bet they don’t sign any player who is in the list , as someone mentioned above , at this current time 4 weeks from first game , we have signed about the same number of players as per previous years , plenty of players available on loan and there more players kicking about than just the usual Scottish market , 

We will be scrapping the barrel for loan players due to Hoppyball. If a premiership club has the choice to send a player to say a Raith Rovers (who play very good football) or Ayr United they are choosing Raith all day long. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We will be scrapping the barrel for loan players due to Hoppyball. If a premiership club has the choice to send a player to say a Raith Rovers (who play very good football) or Ayr United they are choosing Raith all day long. 

I don’t agree but everyone is entitled to an opinion 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s any fans prerogative to wait to purchase their season ticket , but going by government projected Covid levels  and how sales are going it could be a fair amount of time before a non season ticket holder gets into a game  

At the moment that looks like being a blessing. Starting to wish Kilmarnock weren’t relegated, no wish whatsoever to watch our band of misfits being pumped four times by them. 

I’ll be waiting to get mine, all I ask is one small sign that we aren’t going to be making a clusterfuck of this season. 

Was in AP today that we have sold over 400 so far. Last season we had 750 which I’m sure was down from around a 1000 the previous season. Numbers were obviously lower last year due to uncertainty about fans being allowed in. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was in AP today that we have sold over 400 so far. Last season we had 750 which I’m sure was down from around a 1000 the previous season. Numbers were obviously lower last year due to uncertainty about fans being allowed in. 

Last was just over 150 down on previous season of which majority was Panda Pals as they did not get a stream , so far  well up on same stage last season , we tend to sell over 60% of our tickets in the 2 weeks leading up to first game , I think we will be around 900/1000 by start of season 

Edited by Finlay21

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yeah I agree, unlikely to get anything outside of ST holders in for all/majority of the season ahead.   

Personally I won't be going near a season ticket, I bought my first one as an adult last season just as a gesture due to covid.  If that means I don't get to go so be it, I was fortunate last season when others were not.  Plus, this looks like one that it's for the best to miss :lol:

I cant say I'm too fussed we've not got Todorov. Aside from the last few weeks of the season hes always been a jobber type striker. Saying that we really need to get a striker in and asap. Also a GK. The signings we've made arent the best (on paper). Really hope they prove me wrong as I can see us slugging it out with Arbroath and QOS down the bottom of the table.