The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Jeez, I’ve heard it all now. Not a true fan if you don’t buy a season ticket. What a truly shitey attitude to have. 

No the point is why would someone say I'm not buying a season ticket due to too club not signing enough players at the moment or not being happy with manager I don't care who manager is or how many players we have signed when the 1st ball is kicked at the start off the season I will make sure I'm there supporting the club

What if fans aren’t allowed in? 

That’s Absoulotely fine to do that but accusing people of not being real fans if they chose not to get a season ticket or hold of getting a season ticket is very poor in my opinion.
The club need to be showing stuff off the park to encourage fans to purchase a season ticket. 

Im well aware there are complete die hard fans who will purchase season tickets regardless of how the club are performing but not everyone is like that. 
I'm sure the club are showing people off the park whats happening at club were building the hub there's ground improvements happening what more do you want.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve had a look and they are around 15 minutes long. The point I’m trying to make though is that these videos were regular and have an insight into McCall’s plans with the squad etc.

These days it’s almost complete silence from the club in that regard. 

Check other websites , apart from Raith I have not seen 1 video of any other manager talking about signings and how things are progressing in pre season , club have put out interviews with every signing , I believe he will do interview when he gets his squad together, no point coming on saying what  I have said in local press is where we are at the moment 

The club learned a valuable lesson a few years ago, they re-signed Shankland, Moffat and Moore and asked the fans to match the club’s ambitions. 2 years later they cut the budget and put season ticket prices up. 
As a result of the complaints , the chairman made more money available to, by then, Kerr.

There has been no indication from the club that fans money is being invested in the playing squad. There has been no vision to buy in to, just…..give us your money and shut up.

We have just went a full season with fans at grounds and imo this season I personally think is 1 of Ayr's biggest seasons in a long time with that other dirty lot in same league as us we need as many fans behind the players back as possible this year.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club learned a valuable lesson a few years ago, they re-signed Shankland, Moffat and Moore and asked the fans to match the club’s ambitions. 2 years later they cut the budget and put season ticket prices up. 
As a result of the complaints , the chairman made more money available to, by then, Kerr.

There has been no indication from the club that fans money is being invested in the playing squad. There has been no vision to buy in to, just…..give us your money and shut up.

100%. Getting treated like customers rather than fans. 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What if fans aren’t allowed in? 

Unless something goes dramatically wrong there will be fans in , government are stalling  only plans to ease lockdown for 3 weeks , no signs of any area being put up levels , half the country today can get 1000 fans in and areas like Ayrshire are currently minimum 500 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Check other websites , apart from Raith I have not seen 1 video of any other manager talking about signings and how things are progressing in pre season , club have put out interviews with every signing , I believe he will do interview when he gets his squad together, no point coming on saying what  I have said in local press is where we are at the moment 

But we have in the past and fans have been informed. Interviews taking about kit release and season tickets. New initiatives etc with Miller. McCall and Kerr giving interviews about how training is going, what they are looking for.

This all stopped when Hopkin came in, nothing from commercial, nothing about the playing side. 

just because no other club has done it means we should stop.

what content over the last 200 pages suggests fans are happy and there doesn’t need to be some sort of engagement urgently? 
I can see the team being boo’d on to the park against Albion Rovers at this rate.  

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

100%. Getting treated like customers rather than fans. 

Absolute nonsense, club have always stated extra money is put into playing budget , and it’s obvious that’s happened as Kerr was giving a superior budget to McCall and Hopkin has been giving a better budget again this year 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Unless something goes dramatically wrong there will be fans in , government are stalling  only plans to ease lockdown for 3 weeks , no signs of any area being put up levels , half the country today can get 1000 fans in and areas like Ayrshire are currently minimum 500 

Isn’t the 500 a maximum and do they have to be seated 2 metres apart? Is this the same for tier 1 when we get 1000 fans maximum?

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

But we have in the past and fans have been informed. Interviews taking about kit release and season tickets. New initiatives etc with Miller. McCall and Kerr giving interviews about how training is going, what they are looking for.

This all stopped when Hopkin came in, nothing from commercial, nothing about the playing side. 

just because no other club has done it means we should stop.

what content over the last 200 pages suggests fans are happy and there doesn’t need to be some sort of engagement urgently? 
I can see the team being boo’d on to the park against Albion Rovers at this rate.  

No release date yet for new strip , training only started today , there is nothing to talk about, everything being said is available to read on B&W tv  and in local press , interviews with Hopkin talking about what he needs , Duffy on his role  , all new players , Moffat re signing , why does he need to talk on camera ?   

Edited by Finlay21

Obviously a lot of fans aint happy due to how last season panned out but I personally do not think we would have been down the bottom of table had we had fans in grounds as our support gives the players a big lift. As for interviews and all that stuff pre season only started today so you never know if we're going to get interviews about updates. All I do know is when we play that 1st game off the season they won't be getting booed from me I will be supporting them.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Isn’t the 500 a maximum and do they have to be seated 2 metres apart? Is this the same for tier 1 when we get 1000 fans maximum?

500 and 1000 are recommendations and can be adjusted through appeal to local council , 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

No release date yet for new strip , training only started today , there is nothing to talk about, everything being said is available to read on B&W tv  and in local press , interviews with Hopkin talking about what he needs , Duffy in his time , all new players , Moffat re signing , why does he need to talk on camera ?   

This has all been done by this point and the fans have been engaged.

Everything has gone wrong in the last 3 months and the shutters went up at the club.
We have to get the news from you here or soundbites from the voice of reason.

the club has either massively misunderstood the attitude of the fans or they have developed a staggering level of arrogance. 

Never in my life did I think fans would be in tears because we haven’t released interviews with Calum’s dull voice being heard throughout it.

Have you never considered that Hopkin doesn’t want to discuss in length what his plans are for pre season? I don’t see what more information you’d want to hear from the manager besides what’s been written in the AP.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Never in my life did I think fans would be in tears because we haven’t released interviews with Calum’s dull voice being heard throughout it.

Have you never considered that Hopkin doesn’t want to discuss in length what his plans are for pre season? I don’t see what more information you’d want to hear from the manager besides what’s been written in the AP.

Why? Because of the shambles he’s making of it? Understandable 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably because he doesn’t have a clue himself 

Why? Because of the shambles he’s making of it? Understandable 

No, because it’s not actually part of his job.

You can moan about it all you like but the fact remains that the regular updates McCall used to do were far from the ordinary and only done because he liked to sit in front of a camera. The information he conveyed is the exact same as what you hear from Hopkin in the paper.

14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

500 and 1000 are recommendations and can be adjusted through appeal to local council , 

No, they are maximums allowable for seating at outdoor public events whilst still complying with rules for 2m social distancing and requirement for red zones for subs to sit in, etc. In reality one or two stand clubs like yours and mine are still currently limited to a couple of hundred bodies until the authorities either change the distancing requirements or allow use of BOTH seating and terracing which is currently not allowed.

I don't think many of the football fans around the country battering on about 1,000 fans here and 500 there actually realise any of this.

You can apply for greater numbers to local Councils in theory but in practice, it's irrelevant in this division for all but the biggest 3 or 4 stands clubs.