The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Around 40 today in shop , numbers very encouraging to previous 2/3 seasons,  the thing that stands out this year is the number of people who have not previously bought seasons for more than 3 years and a high number of people who are first time buyers , last seasons total has already been breached , looking like biggest uptake in around 5 years if this continues 

The blue pound.

The club tweet about the home shirt, im

guessing a modern take of a famous kit. We’ve done the hoops, so I am guessing either the penguin kit….maybe to far in the past for most folk likely to buy one.

the 87-88 kit, I’d rather we did an away bespoke kit of 87-88

Ayrshire post kit of Djaffo and Ferguson or the Horace and Ronnie Coyle one? 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Selling more as we will be guaranteed 12 extra points this season you mean? 

Fancy a charity bet on that one. £50 to the charity of your choice if Ayr beat as 4 times in the league? £50 to mine if you don’t? 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club tweet about the home shirt, im

guessing a modern take of a famous kit. We’ve done the hoops, so I am guessing either the penguin kit….maybe to far in the past for most folk likely to buy one.

the 87-88 kit, I’d rather we did an away bespoke kit of 87-88

Ayrshire post kit of Djaffo and Ferguson or the Horace and Ronnie Coyle one? 

there is a part of it I have not seen on our shirts for a long time ( if ever) 

@Finlay21 Am I right in thinking I get 2 x £10 shop vouchers?

I had a season ticket last season and this season. I didn't renew it as such because I made an arse of it but bought a new one on the first or second day they were on sale. 

Do I need to collect the vouchers by a certain date? 

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Fancy a charity bet on that one. £50 to the charity of your choice if Ayr beat as 4 times in the league? £50 to mine if you don’t? 

that’s a stupid bet for  anyone to take !!!

Ayr need to win 4 games for me to win , yet Killie only need to draw at least one !!! Only an absolute idiot would take that 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@Finlay21 Am I right in thinking I get 2 x £10 shop vouchers?

I had a season ticket last season and this season. I didn't renew it as such because I made an arse of it but bought a new one on the first or second day they were on sale. 

Do I need to collect the vouchers by a certain date? 

You can collect your vouchers at anytime , preferably before or on day if Arbroath game  ( even though they will be kept for you)

yes you get £10 for last season and £10 for renewing/ purchasing before COB today 

if you live outside Ayr and want to use to purchase something you can call shop and place your order , pay by card over phone and we will deduct your vouchers from your total 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, Finlay21 said:

You can collect your vouchers at anytime , preferably before or on day if Arbroath game 

yes you get £10 for last season and £10 for renewing/ purchasing before COB today 

Cheers, assuming we can attend I'll be at the League Cup home games so should be able to collect before those games.

Depending on the home top I'd probably redeem them against a top for me and the boy.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You will be selling more season tickets because we are in the same division. 

Less were sold last year due to Covid, season before was 1000+ IIRC. Will be going back to the usual sales with the likelihood of fans at games, which everyone knew wasn’t happening last season. 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

there is a part of it I have not seen on our shirts for a long time ( if ever) 

A lace up collar ? like they did in the 90s? 
2CEACCB2-99FD-40E9-8F32-84E7D346AC41.thumb.jpeg.ea58aebe46fe4a058e9210b95de606f4.jpeg

Dinamo Kiev did a retro one a couple of years ago

C44D9782-69FC-4B08-BA22-E33EC60DC229.thumb.jpeg.68f23dcb739e21b4d3fd890233b6d5f1.jpeg

Edited by diegomarahenry

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

that’s a stupid bet for  anyone to take !!!

Ayr need to win 4 games for me to win , yet Killie only need to draw at least one !!! Only an absolute idiot would take that 

But he said it was guaranteed? Surely if it’s a guarantee it’s a great bet? 

It would be ignorant to suggest that the presence of Killie  hasn’t let to a slight increase in season ticket holders, It’ll also be the same for them however like Callum said COVID will be the main factor in this and people being deprived of football for 16 months or so. 

Last season there was Furlough hitting folk in the pocket. A year on, things have settled down a bit and folk will be saving money in some cases.

Spending £30 on 24 500ml bottles is a lot cheaper than 24 £5 pints for instance. No foreign holidays again this year, Scotland being in the Euros. 

harnessing and building on the season ticket sales is the next challenge. Increasing value and a sense of investment year on year.