The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Airdrie fans weren’t too impressed with Thomas Robert so I’m not sure he’s good enough for this level. Ciaran Dickson is another one that I’d rather we avoided tbh.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Airdrie fans weren’t too impressed with Thomas Robert so I’m not sure he’s good enough for this level. Ciaran Dickson is another one that I’d rather we avoided tbh.

His attitude is poor and ultimately led to him being sent back early to Rangers last season while on loan at us. 

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thomas Robert must be the real deal prospect if likes of Burnley and Celtic are after him, would be bonkers to turn him down

Thomas Robert must be the real deal prospect if likes of Burnley and Celtic are after him, would be bonkers to turn him down

Celtic monitor half the young players in Scotland and Burnley would only have him in their under 23 side. It doesn’t mean anything that those teams are after him. He’s made a name for himself because of his last name and the fact he’s scored a few screamers against League 1 teams.

Any loans we get have to come up here with the right attitude and integrate themselves the same way that Doohan and Kelly did.

Might sound strange but one of the Airdrie players was quoted saying he was to technical for league one but I think his goals to games ratio was pretty good he's one I would be happy at taking a chance on as we don't have any wingers in the squad can't say I know to much about Dickson but he apparently had also had a fall out with management at Rangers and that's why he was let out if his contract early

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, it was the pull of Ayr cental that destroyed where the old Woolworths was, turning into a glorified garden won't work in my opinion. Now both Debenhams and H&m have gone 🙄

Shops are too expensive to rent in Ayr.😔

Wasn't that long ago you could buy your Ayr shirt up Kyle Street (before Ayr Central) Beano Magazine out John Menzies for 50p and a wee walk towards Woolworths, past the Rangers store to flip the birdie at its staff, whilst munching on Dinki Dohnuts bought in the Forum. 

😩 What has happened to this town!?!? 

There's no doubt that Ayr Town Centre is now a dump and it's seen a very sad demise in the past 10 - 15 years, however unfortunately it's far from alone and virtually every Town and City Centre has gone exactly the same way.

High rates, lack of parking, internet and online shopping taking over, collapse and market retreat of major chains such as C&A, Littlewoods, BHS, Debenhams, Woolworths and a few others have all combined to make the perfect storm, not to mention that peoples habits have changed where "going out shopping" has almost disappeared.

Who knows the answer ? 

It's often said things go in cycles and the positive result of the pandemic has certainly seen more kids returning to outdoor sports and spending much more time outside, so possibly people will start to return to their local high streets in time, of course it may by then be too late as there's likely to be very little left.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thats sad to hear. The programme was a decent read. Stranraer always had a very detailed and good value for money one. Think theres was "in house" so not sure they had the same problems with minimum order quantity etc. Maybe some tech savvy fan could print ours 

I know its ice hockey but I remember Ayr Scottish Eagles latterly went for a monthly magazine which worked as a programme for the matches during that time. The Clan also done this. You can probably charge a fiver if its well made maybe bit cheaper for digital verison.  Maybe the way to go and more articles and in depth interviews and articles. Still of course could have programmes for big matches like derbies and cup games etc.

Programmes in the olden days were  good for before the match and half time but nowadays people are on their mobiles. Something a bit more substantial that is not as time sensitive in being outdated after a match I would like would read at lunch time at work etc. Good also for fans like myself that live further away and so not make many home matches.   

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Is there likely to be a new surprise signing wearing it?

The way the strip is being revealed is different to recent years , filmed last week don’t believe any new player was involved 

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

There's been one rumoured for the road near the crematorium. (they also do the best ready meal curries of the big chains, especially as even the Heathfield Sainsbury has a shit selection.)

You're right, there was one proposed in that vicinity, but that isn't Alloway.  Masonhill/Holmston is more accurate. And the council's involvement would purely from a planning perspective.

I believe Waitrose decided not to bother.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I know your sworn to secrecy but the anticipation is killing me. Please give us a wee clue 😅

It’s black and white , different material from last year , some features I have not seen on an Ayr strip , and has a wee special touch 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s black and white , different material from last year , some features I have not seen on an Ayr strip , and has a wee special touch 

When will it go on sale to the general public? 

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

When will it go on sale to the general public? 

We don’t know the  exact delivery date  yet , hoping to find out in next couple of days , I would hope around 10/14 days , Brexit is causing major issues with stock currently in customs 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We don’t know the  exact delivery date  yet , hoping to find out in next couple of days , I would hope around 10/14 days , Brexit is causing major issues with stick currently in customs 

I'll need to reserve one 😊

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Farewell, topless ladies. Farewell.

No doubt they will appear , Ayr United reveal their new strip , and then Mr Calvin Ayre likes to do his un-official launch which club like to distance themselves from