The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Even with Moff, Fjortoft, McAllister and Baird back we still need another striker, a goalie, a central midfielder and a couple of attacking midfielders.

We’ll probably end up picking up 2 or 3 players later on when we’ve played Burnley and when the teams in the league above us decide what players are deemed surplus to requirements.

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Bench is short as we have 4 first team players sitting out tonight , of which 3 will definitely be in Saturdays squad 

There's baird and mcallistar i know that but who's the 3rd?

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Some bench.... we'll just forget we've got subsitutes

This squad is still woefully short, even in the last few summers in the build up to the league cup we've obviously still been a bit short but at least had a couple of recognisable 1st team players, that bench is scarily lacking that. 

Need 5 signings still IMO

I hope your right and we do get 5 but I’d say that’s pretty unlikely. We do however need a bare minimum of 3 (2 midfielders and a striker).

Ideally we’d sign the 3 and then add the two Burnley boys on top of that. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even with Moff, Fjortoft, McAllister and Baird back we still need another striker, a goalie, a central midfielder and a couple of attacking midfielders.

We’ll probably end up picking up 2 or 3 players later on when we’ve played Burnley and when the teams in the league above us decide what players are deemed surplus to requirements.

I think you will be correct , first team squad of 17 currently, think we will sign no more than a couple and will have about 3 loanees 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There's baird and mcallistar i know that but who's the 3rd?

Baird , Moffat and Fjortoft not in squad tonight , they should all be involved in Saturday 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

What happened to Andrew Nelson that was at Falkirk and Dundee? Think he ended up going to Torquay but he might’ve left after last season?

He’s a free agent. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

What happened to Andrew Nelson that was at Falkirk and Dundee? Think he ended up going to Torquay but he might’ve left after last season?

Been injured all of last season. Posted some weird Tweets hinting at a fall out as well:

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think you will be correct , first team squad of 17 currently, think we will sign no more than a couple and will have about 3 loanees 

21 is the squad size we’re aiming for in my opinion. I make it that we currently have 18 first teamers (including Paul Smith)

Been injured all of last season. Posted some weird Tweets hinting at a fall out as well:

Hmm if he’s had a season out he’s maybe not the best option to be considered. Were there not also rumours when he left that he had certain habits that made him fall out of favour at Dundee?

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

21 is the squad size we’re aiming for in my opinion. I make it that we currently have 18 first teamers (including Paul Smith)

You are correct , I didn’t count Smith for some  reason 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hmm if he’s had a season out he’s maybe not the best option to be considered. Were there not also rumours when he left that he had certain habits that made him fall out of favour at Dundee?

Yep. Dunno how true they were but the rumour was he enjoyed certain extra curricular activities that weren't legal.

Really must make our no9 a priority . Need to get him and big Tam clicking before the league kicks off .  Next would be a goal scoring midfielder . Although I know they are thin on the ground .  I’d over spend on these two and maybe use Aero as anchor in central midfield to save the coin .