The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It’s a shame there is such a huge gap in wages from top flight down, as you would see in the past players taking a step down and shine in a lower league, but so many are making sideways moves to keep the money rolling in.

Would it not be better taking a sideways step for the same money than a downward step for less money?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Would it not be better taking a sideways step for the same money than a downward step for less money?

I think he was meaning  that a downward step would result in more game time and a chance to re-establish ….

Just now, Dauntless said:

I think he was meaning  that a downward step would result in more game time and a chance to re-establish ….

Is he not 35 or something? He's hardly going to have any more big moves left in him.  He'll sign for someone like Dundee or Motherwell on 2k a week.

Is he not 35 or something? He's hardly going to have any more big moves left in him.  He'll sign for someone like Dundee or Motherwell on 2k a week.

I don’t think he’s talking about Dorrans. Just about players in general.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s talking about Dorrans. Just about players in general.

I'd say he was, given that Dorrans was the player being spoke about and the implication that he wouldn't take a wage drop to sign for a club like Ayr.

I don’t even think Dorrans is what we need tbh although if he was interested (he won’t be) he’d be hard to say no to. We just need someone who is willing to put themselves about, break up attacks and be comfy enough on the ball.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t even think Dorrans is what we need tbh although if he was interested (he won’t be) he’d be hard to say no to. We just need someone who is willing to put themselves about, break up attacks and be comfy enough on the ball.

We need two type of midfielders. The one you described above and also one who is going to be more attacking minded, able to create chances and chip in with a few goals. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

That's pretty much what Dorrans did for us. It was rather underwhelming considering he had the ability to be so much more.

For the name he is, he wasn't the game changer that Charlie Adam (or even Paul McGowan) have been.

Don't know if it was McPake's instruction or just his natural way of playing, but he'd take the ball off the keeper or CH and play simple, basic passes. Easy to see he had more ability than the majority on the pitch but didn't exert himself to do beyond the basics.

That's pretty much what Dorrans did for us. It was rather underwhelming considering he had the ability to be so much more.
For the name he is, he wasn't the game changer that Charlie Adam (or even Paul McGowan) have been.
Don't know if it was McPake's instruction or just his natural way of playing, but he'd take the ball off the keeper or CH and play simple, basic passes. Easy to see he had more ability than the majority on the pitch but didn't exert himself to do beyond the basics.

Fucking sign him Hoppy.

Being serious though, he’ll end up at a mid table Premiership team. Even if he was to drop to this level again I doubt Ayr would be his first or best option.

We were 8th last season ! If the money is the same and its between us and about six other clubs in our division (we know the ones) then we'll be onto plums I'm afraid . It is what it is . That's why this project is a three or four window job ..

31 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

We were 8th last season ! If the money is the same and its between us and about six other clubs in our division (we know the ones) then we'll be onto plums I'm afraid . It is what it is . That's why this project is a three or four window job ..

100% agree

If Dorrans could come in and sit in front of the back 3 and spray passed like a quarterback I'd be pretty happy as long as we had someone to do all the running for him, but I very much doubt A we can afford him and B he would want to come to Ayr.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If Dorrans could come in and sit in front of the back 3 and spray passed like a quarterback I'd be pretty happy as long as we had someone to do all the running for him, but I very much doubt A we can afford him and B he would want to come to Ayr.

We've never really replaced Kerr in that role, could see the difference when he put himself back in last season even if he was incredibly rusty. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We would waste a Kerr type player tbh, as I very much doubt we’ll have centre mids dropping in to take the ball and dictating the play. It’ll be getting launched!

I still laugh out load at @itzdrk telling us about Hoppy randomly shouting “DO IT” and the Ayr player proceeding to absoulotely  launching the ball. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I still laugh out load at @itzdrk telling us about Hoppy randomly shouting “DO IT” and the Ayr player proceeding to absoulotely  launching the ball. 

I have been attempting to be slightly more positive about this season, but I have been seriously struggling with it again! 😂

Three days!