The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The problem with Hopkin is he was not a popular choice among fans to start with we have had one decent performance away to Dundee since he came in and he did exactly what a lot feared and has mostly signed players from a rank rotten Morton team, most mangers get that new man buzz and a honeymoon period that's not going to happen here if he can't turn the corner soon his coat will be on a shoggaly nail.

Thing is I don't see how he does turn the corner from here, the players available aren't going to win football matches.  

Thing is I don't see how he does turn the corner from here, the players available aren't going to win football matches.  
Pumping killie 3 nil in the first game of the season would certainly buy him some time and goodwill with fans, but right now that's about a million miles away

27 minutes ago, North British said:

Not on the team lines on Sky App . 

Injured? Rested seeing as they were playing a team 4 levels below them who have won about 4 games in 4 years?

10 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pumping killie 3 nil in the first game of the season would certainly buy him some time and goodwill with fans, but right now that's about a million miles away

Never going to happen I’m afraid! The tactics he plays seem to be shell it forward to a striker who might win it in the air  but then no one is close enough to him to get a foot on the ball and play it

Edited by ryanayr1987

The Hoppy revolution not off to a good start then lads? Just quickly read some of the posts on the thread and it's very similar to what happened during his time with us. Part of me is surprised that he hasn't learned from previous mistakes but another part isn't as he's a stubborn c**t. He was given a lot of grace at cappielow as he was an ex player and had history with us. His success with Livingston also helped but it just never really happened. Frustrating as I was genuinely delighted he was brought in.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

The Hoppy revolution not off to a good start then lads? Just quickly read some of the posts on the thread and it's very similar to what happened during his time with us. Part of me is surprised that he hasn't learned from previous mistakes but another part isn't as he's a stubborn c**t. He was given a lot of grace at cappielow as he was an ex player and had history with us. His success with Livingston also helped but it just never really happened. Frustrating as I was genuinely delighted he was brought in.

I think most fans were open minded when he was appointed, He did well at Livi but not at Morton, apparently down to budget. His first game was against Hearts and he basically described it as a free hit, played defensively and was pleased we didn't get tanked. 

The Clyde result was bad but for me, the Arbroath game, a must win game against a part time team below us in league and we get our bums felt. That was the point I knew he wasn't the man. Full time training, supposedly better players and we get humped 4-0. We went about 3 games without a shot at goal. If it had been a full season of 36 games, we'd have gone down without touching the sides. The football was defensive and dreadful to watch but he blamed the mix of players and the lack of leaders. We had no midfield and nothing up front. 

During the summer, he signed 4 Morton players. So the theory of budget went out the window, he wasn't hampered by finance at Cappielow, It was his ability to pick a player and now he's doing it at Ayr. He went on holiday, We heard that players were going to sign once he came back, none did. Rather than get pen to paper there seemed to be an assumption that players would wait to sign.....and then fucked off. We go in to this season with no midfield or forwards, 10 fit first team players and no new players on the horizon. 

He is a bit like Zanatta, anyone paying attention would never hire him in a million years. The next few weeks will be massive for them both if they ever want a full time job in Scotland again. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think most fans were open minded when he was appointed, He did well at Livi but not at Morton, apparently down to budget. His first game was against Hearts and he basically described it as a free hit, played defensively and was pleased we didn't get tanked. 

The Clyde result was bad but for me, the Arbroath game, a must win game against a part time team below us in league and we get our bums felt. That was the point I knew he wasn't the man. Full time training, supposedly better players and we get humped 4-0. We went about 3 games without a shot at goal. If it had been a full season of 36 games, we'd have gone down without touching the sides. The football was defensive and dreadful to watch but he blamed the mix of players and the lack of leaders. We had no midfield and nothing up front. 

During the summer, he signed 4 Morton players. So the theory of budget went out the window, he wasn't hampered by finance at Cappielow, It was his ability to pick a player and now he's doing it at Ayr. He went on holiday, We heard that players were going to sign once he came back, none did. Rather than get pen to paper there seemed to be an assumption that players would wait to sign.....and then fucked off. We go in to this season with no midfield or forwards, 10 fit first team players and no new players on the horizon. 

He is a bit like Zanatta, anyone paying attention would never hire him in a million years. The next few weeks will be massive for them both if they ever want a full time job in Scotland again. 

I'm glad you went back to the budget mate. He had a decent budget at Morton although reduced from what we were led to believe but blew it on shite like Cameron blues, Sean McGinty, Henk van sheik among a few others. He did bring in the odd good player too but overall his recruitment is just awful. It was also frustrating to see him continue with his shite brand of football which totally missed out the midfield and left some of our better players kicking their heels at the sidelines.  

Don't get me wrong, from the sounds of it there was a lot going on behind the scenes at Morton as there always is but it seemed set up for him to do well and he just didn't.

The most concerning thing about yesterday for me wasn’t the result but more the performance. Through out the game you couldn’t tell who was meant to be the championship team and who was the league 2 team. Other than a piece of brilliance from Adeloye to beat a couple of men and then have a shot well saved by the keeper I can’t remember another time we cut them open. The midfield and attacking areas needs serious work if we’re too be anything other than relegation cannon fodder this season.

We need at least 2 possibly 3 midfielders and a 15 goal a season target man striker (if we are going to continue with the long ball stuff which I suspect we will as Hopkin doesn’t have a plan B) 

Hopkin’s target when he was brought in last season was to keep us up which he done so I can’t see the board sacking him yet however if we a poor start to the league campaign and start to become cut adrift at the bottom of the table then they will need to take action. We need someone with a football background advising David Smith on footballing decisions as if we do sack Hopkin we can’t afford to get it wrong or it’ll be curtains. 

I’m seriously worried as I have said before. I’m thinking if things aren’t any better by the 4/5 game of the season he should be gone or there will be crowds at Somerset burning effigies of him! 

we are supposed to be a club on the up with the new hub and new owner wanting to take the next step to a premiership team. With hopkin in charge we are a million miles away from that

This situation is incredibly depressing. This season had so much potential, Ayrshire derbies, a return to Somerset but it just feels we are slowly walking into an absolute shambles. 

On Tuesday most of us are going to the first game we have been to in about eighteen months, and there is absolutely nothing to look forward to - the only thing that would help is making a quality signing or two before Tuesday but it doesn’t sound like that’s happening. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This situation is incredibly depressing. This season had so much potential, Ayrshire derbies, a return to Somerset but it just feels we are slowly walking into an absolute shambles. 

On Tuesday most of us are going to the first game we have been to in about eighteen months, and there is absolutely nothing to look forward to - the only thing that would help is making a quality signing or two before Tuesday but it doesn’t sound like that’s happening. 

Pretty much agree with this - i would be genuinely shocked if we score a goal on Tuesday never mind win the game, which against a part time league 2 side at home is a thoroughly depressing thought.   It's hard to even imagine where any shots on target are going to come from other than set pieces.

Just watched the highlights and the commentator sounds like he was there on community service...

On a more positive not is it just me or Adeloye looked head and shoulders above anyone else on the park yesterday, could have had a hat-trick on another day.

Just now, rb123! said:

Just watched the highlights and the commentator sounds like he was there on community service...

On a more positive not is it just me or Adeloye looked head and shoulders above anyone else on the park yesterday, could have had a hat-trick on another day.

Where are the highlights? (please)