The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Unfortunately, this is 85% set up now as a big huge “told you so” if Hopkin fails.

Also unfortunately, it has been creeping up ever since he joined.

I can only say, hand on heart, the performance and result up at Dundee and the last game of the season at Inverness were anything close of going in the opposite direction.

Without those, he would be gone by now.

So basically, even before a ball is kicked in the league, we have a manager who is literally clinging onto the job by his fingertips.

I’ve been one of those desperate for him to succeed and prove all the Morton fans wrong, unfortunately I feel the clock is ticking already.

HUGE couple of weeks for Hopkin.

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopkin strikes me as someone who cant take criticism. He shat the bed over 6 guys with a banner, what's he going to be like when fans are back and venting their frustrations?

Maybe find out on Tuesday night - hopefully not though, as it would mean we have turned in a performance 🤞🏻

The club have been on a pretty rapid decline since Ian McCall left. Went with the cheap and easy appointment in Mark Kerr. It’s probably a blessing in disguise for him that the season was shutdown as we were looking likely to miss out on the playoffs despite being I think joint top when McCall left? 

We then recruited very well (on paper) last summer. The likes of Bruce Anderson, Tom Walsh and Joe Chalmers should of been standout at this level however it just didn’t  happen. How many players can we actually say improved under Kerr? Other than maybe McCowan I don’t think there is a case for anyone else. Mark Kerr was quite rightly sacked. 

The list of names being banded about to replace him was pretty uninspiring. Stuart Petrie was the stand out candidate however he was never realistically ever coming to Somerset Park. Hopkin was probably one of the better options.

Hopkin hasn’t worked out at all. I hear players all the time saying how much they want to play for him but why was that not the case for the likes of Walsh and Todd? He’s clearly a marmite manager imo.

I really don’t know where we go from here. We could sack Hopkin but do we trust the board to make the correct appointment this time? Also would that cause disharmony amongst the squad with the regards to the Morton boys? We are still woefully short of having a team even capable of competing in this league never mind making a push for the upper reaches. We need as a bare minimum 3 players to come in and be automatic starters but idealky 4 or 5. Due to our style of play clubs in this country are going to be reluctant to give us any players on loan. There is no benefit to a Rangers or Celtic youngster coming here to watch the ball being shelled over their for 90 minutes. We are now probably putting our trust in the boys we get from Burnley coming in and being superstars which is a massive gamble.

TL;DR: We’re up shit creek without a paddle. 

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Praying Moffat is back for Tuesday, I don't see any other player with an ounce of creativity or imagination to make any chances for Adeloye

As much as Moffat is a club legend it just shows you where we are when we’re pinning all our hopes on a 36 year old to be our creative spark. 

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Absoulotely David Hopkin’s

Only one of those losers that would interest me would be Cammy Smith . If we had him in at no10 we would be in a much better place . Or even a midfield of Adams , Docherty and Kelly .  However it is what it is . Four players needed pronto , no if’s but’s or maybe’s . Hoppy has an opportunity to sort this out , but he’s in the corner taking some shots .

Still looking forward to seeing the team on Tuesday . Hopefully they come out punching .

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Praying Moffat is back for Tuesday, I don't see any other player with an ounce of creativity or imagination to make any chances for Adeloye

Chances of Moff playing are very slim unfortunately , not 100% ruled out 

Edited by Finlay21

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yep I make it after 4 league games he will have been in charge for the equivalent of half a season 

And he has won 1 league game since being appointed. Let’s make no mistake about it the only reason we weren’t in relegation playoffs last season was due to the dire squad he had built at Morton. 

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
Chances of Moff playing are very slim unfortunately , not 100% ruled out 

Think he may be now he's just posted on his PT Facebook page that all clases are canceled due to having to self isolate

Yes, that’s why he had to pull out yesterday morning , I believe he was awaiting confirmation from Track and Trace 

Edited by Finlay21

10 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes, that’s why he had to pull out yesterday morning , I believe he was awaiting confirmation from Track and Trace 

This season is going to be farcical if they keep current test and protect rules the same whilst opening up. Need to get it binned for double vaccinated people or there’ll be postponements weekly.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe I'm being thick but if Moffat is having to isolate that cant be the reason he was down at flamingo land?

Well i presume he has caught it down there, my worry is does it affect any of the squad?

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Well i presume he has caught it down there, my worry is does it affect any of the squad?

He’s not necessarily caught it, if he’s been contacted with track and trace you have to isolate even if you don’t test positive I’m sure. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm glad I never downloaded track and trace. Absolute mental folk are having to isolate now that the most vulnerable and elderly are double dosed and practically everyone else has had at least one jag

Just over 2000 positive cases reported today. It hasn't gone away.