The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Few folk moaning on the SRE Facebook page that Adeloye did not do enough last night and needs to track back more. 

Let the "experts" on Facebook rant and rave about his performance. 

It is actually possible for a striker to trackback too much. So much so that when his team get possession he's nowhere to be seen. Case in point, Harry Kane last Sunday night, no touches in the opposition penalty box throughout the game. For your main striker that's unacceptable, at any level of the game. 

If you were writing the job description of a lone striker you'd want him to work hard right along the back 4 from the first whistle, ideally bringing pace and physicality, be strong with his back to goal, link play to bring in runners and supporting players and to score when the chances come to him. 

A tick in every box from me for the big man based on last night's performance, albeit against a lower league team. 

Why does anyone still go on the SRE anyway?! 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Agree with everything you said and this was the absolute best point of the lot.   

It’s a bit like turning down the TV to listen to your neighbours arguing 🤣

(Disclaimer)

(I do post the odd thing on it - mainly photos - the virtual equivalent of saying high to the neighbours when meeting them out in the street - in between arguments)

Let the "experts" on Facebook rant and rave about his performance. 
It is actually possible for a striker to trackback too much. So much so that when his team get possession he's nowhere to be seen. Case in point, Harry Kane last Sunday night, no touches in the opposition penalty box throughout the game. For your main striker that's unacceptable, at any level of the game. 
If you were writing the job description of a lone striker you'd want him to work hard right along the back 4 from the first whistle, ideally bringing pace and physicality, be strong with his back to goal, link play to bring in runners and supporting players and to score when the chances come to him. 
A tick in every box from me for the big man based on last night's performance, albeit against a lower league team. 
Why does anyone still go on the SRE anyway?! 

Does it never occur to people that Hopkin might have actually told him not to chase defenders too much and hold his position, leaving the dirty work to Salkeld and McKenzie?

10 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

It’s a bit like turning down the TV to listen to your neighbours arguing 🤣

(Disclaimer)

(I do post the odd thing on it - mainly photos - the virtual equivalent of saying high to the neighbours when meeting them out in the street - in between arguments)

Aye I used to  be on it as well but eventially it got too much - my claim to fame was actually being recognised and said hello to by someone in a pub in Dunfermline a few hours after I'd posted a photo of myself pointing at my Ayr Utd badge in front of the plaque showing the pub the Pars had been formed in.   Absolutely loved milking being the world's most Z List celebrity for the next couple of hours 🤣

Edited by Hursty

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Does it never occur to people that Hopkin might have actually told him not to chase defenders too much and hold his position, leaving the dirty work to Salkeld and McKenzie?

He's not told Muirhead or Baird then, they kept shouting at him to shift his arse. 

Yes I noticed that Tomi lacked movement and workrate last night 

he needs to work harder to create space as the lead striker to be found and bring others into the game

with us not playing with natural Tomi as main striker must work for his teammates to find him consistently to create goal scoring chances

Here’s a question for you all……….
Who would take a 0-0 draw, first game of the season, away to THEM, right now?
Away from home first game of the season against the favourites to win the league I'd take a point right now, saying that killie are going to have to gel a brand new squad of so far 14 new signings in a very short period of time so maybe first game of the season is a perfect time to play them

8 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Here’s a question for you all……….

Who would take a 0-0 draw, first game of the season, away to THEM, right now?

Nope , there raw , arrogant and don’t know this league . This game will be our best chance to do them on their own patch .

12 minutes ago, North British said:

Nope , there raw , arrogant and don’t know this league . This game will be our best chance to do them on their own patch .

Kinda agree look at what happened with Patrick coming down thinking they are billy bigbaws and getting humped. Albeit us playing at home

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Kinda agree look at what happened with Patrick coming down thinking they are billy bigbaws and getting humped. Albeit us playing at home

Let’s not forget how Dundee United struggled in this division . Killie have a lot to do in a short space of time . However we have some business still to do as well .  Just a pity we can’t get up there in numbers and show our new guys what an Ayr away day is all about .