The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What does everyone think of the letter that the Hamilton fans have sent to the club?  Is it just a big riddy, or do you think it is a little reminder of who actually is important at a football club?

To be honest I'm not sure what the context is for writing it, it feels as if there is already a name being banded around? On the face of it, it is essentially just airing their frustration and remind the club who the pay masters really are. Don't think it is necessarily a bad thing, but that is without understanding the bigger picture and only reading an edited version on the Record's website. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we signed a midfielder this week, would they be able to play in the cup on Saturday? 

It’s not looking too likely!

One day left, or we are three weeks and three games into the new season and still haven’t done a thing to sort one of the major issues from last season - that would be utterly shambolic. 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s not looking too likely!

One day left, or we are three weeks and three games into the new season and still haven’t done a thing to sort one of the major issues from last season - that would be utterly shambolic. 

I'm not sure if there is a period before a cup game that you can't sign a player and field them. In the league, we signed the keeper from St Mirren on the morning of the game but I am not sure if that can happen in this cup. Some competitions you used to not be able to play players signed between rounds. 

No idea if there is anything like that in the league or Scottish cup. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm not sure if there is a period before a cup game that you can't sign a player and field them. In the league, we signed the keeper from St Mirren on the morning of the game but I am not sure if that can happen in this cup. Some competitions you used to not be able to play players signed between rounds. 

No idea if there is anything like that in the league or Scottish cup. 

That was an emergency loan and is treated differently I believe 

Reminder on ticket sales 

ticket sales in shop close at 1pm on match  days after that time you need to purchase online also due to SFA and SPFL rules all fans buying tickets instore must complete a form providing name and address 

If you are unable to attend shop before 1pm you can phone up until that time and pay for ticket over phone and collect on arrival  01292-263435 ext 5

Edited by Finlay21

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Reminder on ticket sales 

ticket sales in shop close at 1pm on match  days after that time you need to purchase online also due to SFA and SPFL rules all fans buying tickets instore must complete a form providing name and address 

If you are unable to attend shop before 1pm you can phone up until that time and pay for ticket over phone and collect on arrival  01292-263435 ext 5

The SPFL really do love a bizarre rule to try and stop clubs attracting last minute customers who aren’t tech savvy:  you can order a ticket on your phone whenever you want, ordering one in the club shop, within two hours of kick off, is just a step too far though! 

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The SPFL really do love a bizarre rule to try and stop clubs attracting last minute customers who aren’t tech savvy:  you can order a ticket on your phone whenever you want, ordering one in the club shop, within two hours of kick off, is just a step too far though! 

Is the reference to SFA/SPFL rules not about personal details, rather than the time you can buy a paper ticket? I think the time limit is more to do with club resources. I've been able to buy match tickets shortly before kick off time at other grounds.

43 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Is the reference to SFA/SPFL rules not about personal details, rather than the time you can buy a paper ticket? I think the time limit is more to do with club resources. I've been able to buy match tickets shortly before kick off time at other grounds.

People who decide late will not miss out with a limited number of tickets being made available to cover that , not just resources we have currently limited space 

Edited by Finlay21

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

People who decide late will not miss out with a limited number of tickets being made available to cover that , not just resources we have currently limited space 

Have United sold many for tomorrow ?

Just now, Finlay21 said:

People who decide late will not miss out with a limited number of tickets being made available to cover that 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Have United sold many for tomorrow ?

Dundee United around 800 ayr around 1000 so far but we normally sell a fair amount of tickets between now and kick off 

Dundee United around 800 ayr around 1000 so far but we normally sell a fair amount of tickets between now and kick off 

I’ve been waiting on a new season ticket arriving at the shop for a few weeks now, is it likely to be in and ready for collection tomorrow?

How is the midfielder search going, any new faces spotted at training this week?

Not overly bothered if we don't have anyone in for the Dundee United game but, it would be nice to know progress was being made with two big home fixtures in the league in following two weekends. 

3 hours ago, wullieaufc said:

I’ve been waiting on a new season ticket arriving at the shop for a few weeks now, is it likely to be in and ready for collection tomorrow?

Season tickets for people bought up until 2pm last Thursday have been in shop since last Friday 

3 hours ago, wullieaufc said:

Cant check as I have no idea who you are