The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I was hoping when I saw you were the last poster that you were bringing us some positive news!

Hopefully Hopkin’s precious connections pay off at some point, Reilly would have been a very good signing. Seems a bit strange going on loan to league one, rather than the championship! 

I wish I could be tbf :D 

I'm not sure what Hopkin and Martindale's relationship is like anymore, the last public thing anyone had heard was Hopkin trying to take Martindale down to Bradford with him and Martindale refusing to stay with us. 

I would imagine that we'd be looking for as much of his wages paid as possible and then looking at the highest level we can get him in at. For me, him being at Ayr at a higher level makes sense. Still points to be made about getting him in at a team who are aiming for the title as well purely for a confidence boost. 

In terms of players going out on loan, I think the only space left would be Keaghan and Reilly but I have no idea what Martindale's doing with Keaghan. He's publicly spoken about getting Reilly out on loan. A few Falkirk fans seem to think it's a done deal but who knows

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

Indeed.  It was about 15 minutes after the final whistle had blown before i actually started to feel confident that we wouldn't still somehow make an arse of it 😂

This epitomises what being an Ayr fan is all about! 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I'm not sure what Hopkin and Martindale's relationship is like anymore, the last public thing anyone had heard was Hopkin trying to take Martindale down to Bradford with him and Martindale refusing to stay with us. 

I would imagine that we'd be looking for as much of his wages paid as possible and then looking at the highest level we can get him in at. For me, him being at Ayr at a higher level makes sense. Still points to be made about getting him in at a team who are aiming for the title as well purely for a confidence boost. 

In terms of players going out on loan, I think the only space left would be Keaghan and Reilly but I have no idea what Martindale's doing with Keaghan. He's publicly spoken about getting Reilly out on loan. A few Falkirk fans seem to think it's a done deal but who knows

Well if it’s Falkirk then good luck to the two lads . Interesting though , were does that leave Ayr ? One of three options I’m afraid 1. We are looking else where (only ten days of window left) . 2. We’re happy with what we’ve got (gulp) or 3. The player that was training with us isn’t fit enough yet and he’s been working on that .

On a separate note I still haven’t heard where Charlie Trafford has landed ! Does anyone have a clue ? Back to Canada ? 

36 minutes ago, North British said:

Well if it’s Falkirk then good luck to the two lads . Interesting though , were does that leave Ayr ? One of three options I’m afraid 1. We are looking else where (only ten days of window left) . 2. We’re happy with what we’ve got (gulp) or 3. The player that was training with us isn’t fit enough yet and he’s been working on that .

On a separate note I still haven’t heard where Charlie Trafford has landed ! Does anyone have a clue ? Back to Canada ? 

Do we really need a player who is only looking to TRY to get fitness after nearly a year out with a serious injury , I would rather we got someone who is up to speed and not recovering from a major injury 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Do we really need a player who is only looking to TRY to get fitness after nearly a year out with a serious injury , I would rather we got someone who is up to speed and not recovering from a major injury 

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

So would I . Is there somebody in mind ?

I think if Martindale and Hopkin had a partnership we would have had the big centre at Arbroath

Livingston like all their loanees that they have a plan for to go to part time teams so that they can continue to train with Livi through the week.

Since Arbroath are the highest up part time club it’s a given that their best players will go to them.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Livingston like all their loanees that they have a plan for to go to part time teams so that they can continue to train with Livi through the week.

Since Arbroath are the highest up part time club it’s a given that their best players will go to them.

Yep exactly this, I don't imagine it's something Ayr or Hopkin would agree to either. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think this is true of players who Livingston see as having a future with them . Players that are surplus to requirements  are surely shunted to anyone who will pick up the tab . As per Jacobs and Reilly to Falkirk if true . 

18 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Anyone else having issues accessing the club shop online?

I saw the home top is back in stock (via twitter) but whenever I click through to the shop it comes up as per below:

Screenshot_20210821-120657_Chrome.jpg

Not online yet , will be fixed when shop staff return on Monday , stock arrived late Thursday and  still to  be checked in , shop was closed Friday and Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Is that 8 points the gap after just 3 games?

Imagine waiting this long to be in the same league as us and it being this embarrassing this early.

Here we go.... The guy that gets kicks out of being a troll...... 

Hmmmmm a troll from Kilmarnock....