The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think I’m still raging about yesterday, mixed with total disbelief that he actually signed Sean McGinty. I think those of us who were raging about signing him may have been proved correct, goal is up on the ICT Twitter - honestly it’s not even basics, shambolic. 

I just feel flat as f**k in a season that we all should be buzzing.

Games against Killie, Partick, Hamilton etc.

I bought a season ticket on that basis, and I’ll always turn up, but it’s already getting to the stage where there is no anticipation and I’m going to the dentist.

I don’t know what the answer is, wait a while longer, change manager now - who really does know?

What I can say for sure is, that if I’m feeling that way already, then there are fewer and fewer left who are anywhere near optimistic.

9 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Said a couple of weeks ago that McCalls team from his last full season would have murdered Killie in the first league game. Hypothetical tears and snotters stuff, but I still feel like that.
The logical conclusion to this season right now is Killie relegating us at Somerset.

Maybe its blind faith or stupidity on my part, but I dont believe we're bad enough to be relegated. I'm sure there is at least one team more gubbins than us in the league. I still reckon we'll finish above QOS, Morton and Arbroath. Severely need to get our heads out our arses and start getting wins pronto though 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe its blind faith or stupidity on my part, but I dont believe we're bad enough to be relegated. I'm sure there is at least one team more gubbins than us in the league. I still reckon we'll finish above QOS, Morton and Arbroath. Severely need to get our heads out our arses and start getting wins pronto though 

I’ve seen nothing in their results to suggest that we are even close to them, never mind better!

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve seen nothing in their results to suggest that we are even close to them, never mind better!

Having seen two out of the three you mention, and ayr at Rugby Park.

I would say that Morton in the cup, and QoTS in league have been harder to break down and posed more goal threat than ayr did against us 

Smith watched a David White team won 2-0 against a Morton team that started with 10 players Hopkin signed and yet still thought he was the right man for the job.

I’m sure, but can’t confirm as B&W TV has deleted everything from last season, that Smith referred to the 3-2 game at Cappielow when Hopkin was appointed as some sort of positive aspect of his managerial ability. However I’m sure even the most pessimistic Ayr fan can admit we shot ourselves in the foot rather than Morton playing us off the park.

If the increased budget chat for this season is true then at this rate Smith will run out of money in a couple of years. He probably needs to hire someone with football experience in a role that bridges the gap between on the park and off it.

To think folk werent even happy with McCall in charge!
Can't please everyone
Give me it back anyday

You’re right but McCall absolutely took us as far as he could under Cameron’s ownership.

Had he waited for a few months until Smith came in it could’ve been a different story.

That goal is a whopper.  McGinty looks like he’s terrified of kicking the ball with his right foot and will attempt just about anything to avoid doing so.  I thought the 2nd against Arbroath was down to the same issue - rather than just clearing it with his weaker foot, he panicked and decided very late to leave it for the keeper who didn’t exactly expect it.  Not sure about Fjortoft either - seemed a bit slow to react.