The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It was always going to happen when Covid was still rife and testing is so frequest.

Could you imagine what would happen if we tested for the flu in winter ? We'd never get a game played and seems we're heading in that direction I'm afraid.

It was on the news this week. There is a suggestion that footballers should have a vaccine passport to play. 
This will cause problems because very few players are vaccinated.

Cant blame Nicola or the SPFL. The players are choosing to ignore government guidelines that would remove the requirement for them to self isolate. 
Clubs can’t force players and they also can’t limit their income by telling them to not train or play. 
players should be compelled to have it for the sake of playing the game. 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

To think I had someone screaming fake fan at me for saying everything was shit only a couple of weeks ago.

We are welcoming new members to the Restoraroof sponsored Diegomarahenry’s house of misery by the dozen.

in yeh come folks, in yeh come

image.gif.a291a6715d0ccd2bed30e49524c60a7a.gif

I’d like to think I was a founding member and therefore have honouree member status 

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was on the news this week. There is a suggestion that footballers should have a vaccine passport to play. 

Cant blame Nicola or the SPFL. The players are choosing to ignore government guidelines that would remove the requirement for them to self isolate. 
Clubs can’t force players and they also can’t limit their income by telling them to not train or play. 

Sure Finlay mentioned that all of ours had had atleast one dose when the club went into isolation. It could just be a case of players having not received their second yet due to their local health board roll out, hopefully ours will soon be fully covered which mitigates against the risk of longer isolation periods in the future. In America there are teams which are mandating that all players and club staff must be double vaccinated, so it isn't outside of the realms of possibility we will see something similar. 

43 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes, agree. Although as Hawk mentioned above, they need to have been offered but knocked back their 2nd vaccination in order to be penalised otherwise it would be grossly unfair / shocking.

54 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

People should be forced to be vaccinated to be allowed to work, in a role where they are predominantly outside and don’t encounter any vulnerable people? Okay then. 

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, agree. Although as Hawk mentioned above, they need to have been offered but knocked back their 2nd vaccination in order to be penalised otherwise it would be grossly unfair / shocking.

They can't be penalised though, you can't force people to have a vaccination. You also can't exclude them for choosing not to be vaccinated. 

All the club can do is ask players to take the vaccine when offered. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

“Pretty low” might just mean low relative to the rest of the population. It’s a huge leap to then say very few footballers are vaccinated.

It’s also little more than a journalist speculating based on his “sources”. It might be true, it might not. I’d be more inclined to listen to Robbo’s first hand experience of the Ayr squad.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

“Pretty low” might just mean low relative to the rest of the population. It’s a huge leap to then say very few footballers are vaccinated.

It’s also little more than a journalist speculating based on his “sources”. It might be true, it might not. I’d be more inclined to listen to Robbo’s first hand experience of the Ayr squad.

Clubs are required to provide monthly statistics to the SFA on numbers who are double vaccinated, single vaccinated, not yet vaccinated, refusing to be vaccinated, etc. There will be stats on this. Whether they have been leaked to Chris McLaughlin is another question.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m talking about football in general, for all I know, all players and staff could be double jabbed by now. 

if the feedback that CM is getting from clubs is because few players aren’t vaccinated in general then more games will be off as a result. 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They can't be penalised though, you can't force people to have a vaccination. You also can't exclude them for choosing not to be vaccinated. 

All the club can do is ask players to take the vaccine when offered. 

But that's EXACTLY what is happening if you haven't been double jagged in mainstream society.

There's another ethical question here, why should the spectator be excluded in a large sporting event / concert but one of the performers in the same situation not be ??

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

But that's EXACTLY what is happening if you haven't been double jagged in mainstream society.

There's another ethical question here, why should the spectator be excluded in a large sporting event / concert but one of the performers in the same situation not be ??

Because the club aren’t employing supporters. There are employment laws that would mean that you can’t force an employee to receive medical attention they don’t want.

The club/governing body can refuse entry to anyone they like from attending games for various reasons. I expect there will have to be exceptions for those that can’t be vaccinated. 

I have no idea how they plan to roll this out and if it will be as Wooly as some of the other guidelines. If I was exempt and was at no risk to attend, I would expect entry and would be looking at options 

if I was a staunch anti-Vaxer, I would know I would be challenged on entry and wouldn’t show up.

as it is, I’m double vaccinated so it’s not something I’ve looked in to. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Because the club aren’t employing supporters. There are employment laws that would mean that you can’t force an employee to receive medical attention they don’t want.

The club/governing body can refuse entry to anyone they like from attending games for various reasons. I expect there will have to be exceptions for those that can’t be vaccinated. 

I have no idea how they plan to roll this out and if it will be as Wooly as some of the other guidelines. If I was exempt and was at no risk to attend, I would expect entry and would be looking at options 

if I was a staunch anti-Vaxer, I would know I would be challenged on entry and wouldn’t show up.

as it is, I’m double vaccinated so it’s not something I’ve looked in to. 

Public Health concerns over rule any employment laws as has already been seen during the pandemic. There's numerous companies making "double jagged vaccination" a T&C of employment so I can't see how Footballers or Singers would be entitled to any sort of legal exemption.

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There are plenty of existing examples of employment laws being outranked by requirements for other issues. There are plenty of employment roles that prohibit people with certain criminal records for instance. There are also already care roles that require staff to be vaccinated or lose their jobs.

Whilst I'm not suggesting professional footballers in an outdoor sport should be the same, it's not exactly a massive reach. If the Govt decide to make it a requirement employment laws won't stop it, particularly now we're not required to comply with European Law.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m talking about football in general, for all I know, all players and staff could be double jabbed by now. 

if the feedback that CM is getting from clubs is because few players aren’t vaccinated in general then more games will be off as a result. 

Not an issue at Ayr with first jabs ,it’s health boards being a bit behind in second jabs , going by government figures giving out at start of week , out of all the people between the age of 20-30 52% are still awaiting second jabs , majority of our players fall within that group , 

Edited by Finlay21