The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The advert states that the club "has a lean management structure". The advert generally is a bit bland, predictable and lacking any semblance of positivity.

Like a lot of things at the club I suppose. 

Salary dependant on experience, that in itself is a bit of a cop out for me, because I doubt it actually will be. 

Does anybody know if the advert is out there on football related job sites or are we hoping our ideal candidate either knows of it through here or mistakenly navigates to it in error on that dreadful website? 

A wee ray of sunshine.

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Hang about long enough and there'll be about 500 like minded individuals to accompany you, meetings on a Saturday, 3pm, every 2nd week. 

Good luck. 👍

I like to think there’s a middle ground somewhere between happy clapping and having my belt and shoelaces taken away.  Been searching for it for 40 years now, so maybe I’m just kidding myself.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

The advert states that the club "has a lean management structure". The advert generally is a bit bland, predictable and lacking any semblance of positivity.

Salary dependant on experience, that in itself is a bit of a cop out for me, because I doubt it actually will be. 

Does anybody know if the advert is out there on football related job sites or are we hoping our ideal candidate either knows of it through here or mistakenly navigates to it in error on that dreadful website? 

What exactly is missing from the advert ? Look at most job adverts  and it states the same things , job role , responsibilities and salary ( majority of companies state salary negotiable)  depending on experience, the job is not a football related job , it is a commercial manager which is more sales related  generating income than football , it just happens to be at a football club 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I'm assuming lean as in 6Sigma or something like that. The advert looks ok for me, I think it lacks a hint of, "look, see if you are a fan that thinks they will get a job designing cool strips, don't apply" There will be a lot of applicants that have no retail experience never mind commercial management or supply chain experience. 

Someone with a devotion to the club and a relevant skillset shouldn't be hard to find but there will be a lot of interested people that have no idea what the job involves. 

27 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

What exactly is missing from the advert ? Look at most job adverts  and it states the same things , job role , responsibilities and salary ( majority of companies state salary negotiable)  depending on experience, the job is not a football related job , it is a commercial manager which is more sales related  generating income than football , it just happens to be at a football club 

You would also assume with Smith's commercial background that he would have a far better idea of what to look for that most of us on here. When I was a QS we reported into Commercial directors, he's not going to be remotely blind going into this one with his background. 

It would be surprising if a commercial manager had the authority to deliver the kind of changes that would make a meaningful difference. If they wanted someone to do that they'd likely be looking for a director/c-suite level appointment. As it's worded it sounds like the hire will get the chance to pitch ideas to the board, but the chairman and directors will take the decisions.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Forward thinking, ambitious, full time professional football club is looking to appoint...... 

.........exciting autonomous role, encouraging out of the box thinking, dynamic individual blah blah. 

You get what you ask for, for me the advert is just alright. Would you see Troon or Glenafton word a similar advert any differently? 

Everything has to count at this level, everything has to add to overall growth and progression. If you don't you stagnate and eventually get overtaken by your peers. 

That's what we see too often. 

Edited by BukyOHare

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s not uncommon but job adverts that give no indication of a salary range are piss poor.

40 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s not uncommon but job adverts that give no indication of a salary range are piss poor.

You think the advert might also indicate what they're looking for the successful candidate to bring in terms of past experience and qualifications?

I feel I'm probably past the stage of walking away from it all, a bi product of being so disillusioned with things going on at the club, or not as the case often is. Look around at the clubs in the Championship and even some in League One, we're literally generations away from getting into the top flight, if ever.

Edited by BukyOHare

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Looks like we might not be playing next Saturday after all….

Due to Dunfermline covid cases? 

Honestly so annoyed with the season already for a myriad of things. I'm at the stage where they could scrap it and I really wouldnt care. Never thought I'd hear myself say that but it's been a shocker of a 6 weeks on and off the field 

39 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Honestly so annoyed with the season already for a myriad of things. I'm at the stage where they could scrap it and I really wouldnt care. Never thought I'd hear myself say that but it's been a shocker of a 6 weeks on and off the field 

It was always going to happen when Covid was still rife and testing is so frequest.

Could you imagine what would happen if we tested for the flu in winter ? We'd never get a game played and seems we're heading in that direction I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It was always going to happen when Covid was still rife and testing is so frequest.

Could you imagine what would happen if we tested for the flu in winter ? We'd never get a game played and seems we're heading in that direction I'm afraid.

Yip exactly, if we’d previously tested for colds and flu we’d play about 1 game all winter. Scunnered with football and covid rules and regulations 

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They’ve forfeited their game tomorrow.  Hopefully they don’t need a 10 day circuit breaker like we did, but who knows.