The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, grazza said:

Have seen the club advertise fairly often even before covid for turnstile operators. Its not the easiest gig to sell these days a 2 hour shift at low wage, 20% of your wage might go on transport and if the games postponed no work. 

Do you get into the second half of games too for free I take it?

21 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Do you get into the second half of games too for free I take it?

They get in free 10 minutes after kick off as that’s when turnstiles close , fans turning up after that get in through an exit door 

Not sure if this was already mentioned on here amidst the derby stuff, but Trafford has signed for Wrexham - I know he was mentioned on here as an out of contract possible signing. 

I really hope we are looking at January already, and have several options ready to go at the beginning of the window - none of this fucking around nonsense and we are all getting frustrated with the lack of action towards the end of the month. 

When was Robbie Crawford last in a Motherwell squad, never mind playing. 

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

😉 , just knew you were fishing 🎣 for that reply , got to keep some humour going 

In all seriousness though you would think you would get loads of interest from local teenagers (or adults) to do this. Plenty of people out there who can’t afford to get into a game so it’s a win/win for them with an extra bit of income.  Is there a minimum age needed to do this type of work in terms of the club being comfortable with the person handling cash?

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

In all seriousness though you would think you would get loads of interest from local teenagers (or adults) to do this. Plenty of people out there who can’t afford to get into a game so it’s a win/win for them with an extra bit of income.  Is there a minimum age needed to do this type of work in terms of the club being comfortable with the person handling cash?

There seems to be a real shortage of labour in general to do anything. Just need to ask farmers in the spring / summer looking for help (and paying pretty decent wages these days) with harvesting / fruit picking or anyone in the hospitality industry. If I couldn't afford a season / pay at the gate and lived locally it is something I'd absolutely jump at. Might miss 10 minutes but free football is free football. I honestly can't believe we have more jobs than people,. 

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

There seems to be a real shortage of labour in general to do anything. Just need to ask farmers in the spring / summer looking for help (and paying pretty decent wages these days) with harvesting / fruit picking or anyone in the hospitality industry. If I couldn't afford a season / pay at the gate and lived locally it is something I'd absolutely jump at. Might miss 10 minutes but free football is free football. I honestly can't believe we have more jobs than people,. 

This is moving very off-topic but I agree. I understand there are thousands of different reasons for different people not to be working but for those who can and really just choose not too I don’t understand it at all.

At the same time though there’s plenty of days at my work where I don’t understand why I’m putting myself through it for average returns.

15 hours ago, ftk said:

Rugby Park is probably the worst.

Soulless!

Now, that's just outright jealousy.

I know our place is far from perfect, leg room especially, but put a decent crowd in and the atmosphere is excellent.

Although TBH one of the best atmosphere's recently was our first derby, (you wont have experienced it because you weren't invited ), but even spacing 3,500 evenly around the ground provided something decent.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Your yearly reminder that Kilmarnock is a fucking weird place. 

Don't worry lad, this time next year you wont have any derby to think about and your infatuation with all things Kilmarnock will be, like your football club, insignificant to us.

6 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Don't worry lad, this time next year you wont have any derby to think about and your infatuation with all things Kilmarnock will be, like your football club, insignificant to us.

The absolute desperation to try and tell us how insignificant we are, as you constantly invade our threads and celebrate wildly - hilarious stuff. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The absolute desperation to try and tell us how insignificant we are, as you constantly invade our threads and celebrate wildly - hilarious stuff. 

6 times I have posted on here since the season began. I'd hardly call that a constant invasion. Time for you to go back to sleep.

46 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

The irony of the Killie fan and his "crowd" haunting our thread, while frankly we couldn't give a toss about them or anything that they're doing......