The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hibs and St Mirren are currently in the market for one, It was fortunate for us he was available when he was. 

He talked about a wide range of subjects but there wasn't a lot of meat on the bones, either they are still in the early stages or he didn't want to go in to details but it is good he is talking about things that have needed done for years. 

15 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Standing on the north terrace on a sunny day is glorious. Although that only happens about twice a season max.

I’d be quite happy to see the place just given a makeover so it looks less prison-y and has steeper, less crumbly terracing.

It’s not the rain that bothers me, it’s the seagulls shitting all over the place that makes a roof sound good to me.

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

It’s not the rain that bothers me, it’s the seagulls shitting all over the place that makes a roof sound good to me.

They've not actually been bad at all this season, although it's possibly the torrential rain, hail and sleet that's been keeping them away !!!

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They've not actually been bad at all this season, although it's possibly the torrential rain, hail and sleet that's been keeping them away !!!

Probably helped by a couple of waves of breeding that couldn't learn the behaviour to find food every second Saturday during lockdown. 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Probably helped by a couple of waves of breeding that couldn't learn the behaviour to find food every second Saturday during lockdown. 

I remember there were seagulls nesting outside the window on the staircase in the Citadel. One went mental and tried to break through the glass every time someone walked past too close. It amused my nephew greatly at the time.

25 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Did anything significant come out of the Q&A last night?

Just that he will have his own number 2 next season , his first choice was Jimmy Nichol who pulled out at last minute due to his others interests and job with Ireland , then was looking at Donald Park who could not do it due to location and felt he was getting on in years , made it abundantly clear there was no issue between him and Adoloye fully explaining the reason behind team selection , gave honest answers to every question , talked about favourite set up , likes players to play their position ie right footed right back , left footed left back , centre backs to be one right and one left footed , wants to play through midfield ,ensure players  defend from front attack from defence , did not shirk any tough calls , very complimentary about the boards ambitions and David Whites involvement ( actually said Davie is an absolute stalwart to the club with his integration of players from Academy to first team ) big ask that everyone works together team , board and fans , gave lots of credit to fans for atmosphere and just asking to keep that support as he won’t win every game 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Just that he will have his own number 2 next season , his first choice was Jimmy Nichol who pulled out at last minute due to his others interests and job with Ireland , then was looking at Donald Park who could not do it due to location and felt he was getting on in years , made it abundantly clear there was no issue between him and Adoloye fully explaining the reason behind team selection , gave honest answers to every question , talked about favourite set up , likes players to play their position ie right footed right back , left footed left back , centre backs to be one right and one left footed , wants to play through midfield ,ensure players  defend from front attack from defence , did not shirk any tough calls , very complimentary about the boards ambitions and David Whites involvement ( actually said Davie is an absolute stalwart to the club with his integration of players from Academy to first team ) big ask that everyone works together team , board and fans , gave lots of credit to fans for atmosphere and just asking to keep that support as he won’t win every game 

I really enjoyed last night and thought that Bully came across brilliantly. He's very articulate, interesting, charismatic and seems to have just the right blend of humour and seriousness to gain respect but also be a good guy.

The bit when he talked about some of our players personalities was very interesting and how some take the negatives really to heart, I also thought his comments on on our tactics and pressing higher and expressing individuality were spot on from what most of here believe.

I was also very interested in the fact that he and Davie White / Tommy Tait are working really closely and that we are going to have all levels of our teams playing the same style so that progressing from youth team to first team is seamless and everyone knows the role in question.

He also mentioned that they're already looking at tying up players on extended contracts and that a plan is definitely in place.

For those that weren't there last night, in a nutshell I'd say we've got a top man leading the team and a team of top guys in the background, we have a game plan for both the present and the future and we've become a very professional outfit from top to bottom.

I'd say the future is as bright as I can ever remember being an Ayr fan.....