The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

It's always nice to see players going on to bigger and better. He really did look the part too, Castilla, which does sound good for a Liverpool team. He was playing around the time I started going to Somerset with my papa at seven years old (Getting thrown over the turnstile 😂)

Other than Ruddy, the worst keeper I've ever seen at Somerset is John Hillcoat. Honestly, you'd have been better with a watery fart in nets than him. I know he was good in training but in any game I seen him, Awful.

Even John Dodds went on to do okay at Ayrs level. He appeared in nets for Queen of the South as they trashed Ayr 4-0 at Somerset.

Did you just blank out Barry John Corr? I know I want the Men In Black flashy-thing to get rid of that period as an Ayr fan :lol:

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Did you just blank out Barry John Corr? I know I want the Men In Black flashy-thing to get rid of that period as an Ayr fan :lol:

Oaft! Forgot about him. Didn't he walk out the club halfway through the season? Must have been a serious realisation to know your were too pish to play during that spell 😂

52 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Oaft! Forgot about him. Didn't he walk out the club halfway through the season? Must have been a serious realisation to know your were too pish to play during that spell 😂

Half way through a game. 

He shipped 4 goals in the first half of a game and quit at half time. The story was he wasn't happy getting the blame for the 4 goals conceded and Reid was going to sub him. 

12 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Was genuinely quite excited when we signed him, having never heard of him before but, having the "ex Celtic youth" tag on him and being a young lad at the time. Didn't take long for that to be torpedoed. We've generally had solid keepers over the years, even when money was tight you could feel pretty confident about the guys between the sticks. 

How's ticket sakes for Saturday? hoping we can get a decent number with the last two wins
Most people I know, myself included, buy our tickets on our way to the ground or in the pub before it. Would be interesting to know what % of tickets are sold on match day. I imagine QoS will have a relatively decent away support considering the importance of the game and the fact AJ has gone.

10 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
16 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
How's ticket sakes for Saturday? hoping we can get a decent number with the last two wins

Most people I know, myself included, buy our tickets on our way to the ground or in the pub before it. Would be interesting to know what % of tickets are sold on match day. I imagine QoS will have a relatively decent away support considering the importance of the game and the fact AJ has gone.

Aye I usually buy mine either just before leaving the house or in the pub, especially in winter when there's always the chance of a late-ish call off.     

McGinty making Team of the week who would have ever thought that, on all honesty he's been really good since the St Mirren cup game, him alongside Muirhead seams to work.

9d7073a8445d41639dc04808d7668ea3.jpg

Having a competent midfield in front of you that doesn’t allow players to run at you all day will help significantly as well. I’m still not entirely convinced by him long term but instead of replacing him we’ve essentially mitigated the amount of pressure he’s under which is working just as well.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

McGinty making Team of the week who would have ever thought that, on all honesty he's been really good since the St Mirren cup game, him alongside Muirhead seams to work.

The only wee issue with the big man is his mistakes are pretty much all punished, he's largely been fine when offered some level of protection in front.  

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Having a functioning midfield has massively helped McGinty and our defence as a whole.

Furthers my view that the club should be looking into the feasibility of getting Dempsey or McInroy in on full contracts. Those two have transformed our midfield.

Having a functioning midfield has massively helped McGinty and our defence as a whole.
Furthers my view that the club should be looking into the feasibility of getting Dempsey or McInroy in on full contracts. Those two have transformed our midfield.

If we stay up then I think we’ll keep both. I’m sure it was announced that we have an option to get Dempsey permanently. Not sure whether we’ve agreed it with him if he’s out of contract or there’s a buy out fee we’ve agreed with Charlton but I’m sure if we want to keep him then we’ll get him.

McInroy is a bit more difficult especially if he keeps his current form up but I have no doubts that a permanent move to ourself was discussed when he made his loan move last month and like Dempsey, we’ll have agreed to sign him in the summer if we want to.

Both moves are massively dependent on us staying up which is by no means a sure thing but with the three we’ve got in midfield playing the way they are then we stand a very good chance. Means we can focus on improving other areas in the summer.

With the permission of the family of Colin McCue, a Justgiving page has been setup with the assistance of a fellow fan, to raise some funds in Colin's memory. I would be grateful of any shares you can give to the page and also any donations however small you may make. Thanks in advance.

#oneforcolin

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/oneforcolin