The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Watched Mattmans Vlog of the game - probably looking for things that aren’t there, but Adeloye’s body language at his goal still suggest there is a problem of some sort.  Really didn’t acknowledge the fans at all despite scoring in front of them.  

Thought the exact same. Not saying there is a problem or anything but that’s what came to my mind when a seen it

Just about sobering up after good Highland hospitality, excellent second half performance I can definitely see the plan now they're all working towards a set goal. The midfield we're awesome and have made all the difference was actually blown away with how good Dempsey and McEnroy were, McGinty was absolutely excellent easily his best game, McAdams  double save first half were out of this world good, young Rowe was excellent when he came on and I'm sorry if people don't see what Tommi brings then perhaps fitba maybe isn't their game, his hold up play and strength were excellent, perhaps just now that 30 minutes cameo is whats needed, but he is a definite player. 
Was the performance really that good?

I thought we competed well but we took the lead against the run of play.

Inverness were poor, and we looked solid at the back. It's an excellent result but I wasn't blown away by the performance.
Watched Mattmans Vlog of the game - probably looking for things that aren’t there, but Adeloye’s body language at his goal still suggest there is a problem of some sort.  Really didn’t acknowledge the fans at all despite scoring in front of them.  
I thought he looked sheepish because he knew it hit him, rather than him actually scoring. Could be wrong, though.

Definitely didn't celebrate the way he did at the start of the season.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He has played up front himself for the vast majority of the season... from what I have seen he is better as a lone frontman than Ashford. 

Depends what you’re asking the lone striker to do I suppose, particularly away from home.  Bullen has got us pressing up the park so much better and seems to want a striker who will chase down loose balls, lead the higher press and generally occupy the centre backs a bit more.   He obviously doesn’t think Adeloye is the man for that job.  

Would be interesting to see the stats, but Ashford certainly seems to cover a lot more ground.  Id like to see Adeloye and Ashford teamed up as a 2, but given how good the midfield has been in the last 2 games, Bullen might not be keen to change the balance.  

I thought he looked sheepish because he knew it hit him, rather than him actually scoring. Could be wrong, though.

Definitely didn't celebrate the way he did at the start of the season.
Aye, think it was more a bit embarrassed that it just hit him and went it rather than a snub to fans, he posted on Instagram and twitter about bit for the first time in a while.

30 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Why are you looking for things that aren't there? He scored a goal, who cares how he celebrates? He obviously didn't mean it and was probably wanting his teammate to have the credit before himself.

I'm not, I just found his reaction a bit odd, and I don’t seem to be the only one.  He scored in front of his own fans with the young team charging down the front to celebrate - there didn’t seem to be any reaction, subdued or otherwise, though he seemed ok celebrating with the players.  Strikers don’t care if the ball ricochets off their nuts and goes in, so I don’t really buy the idea he was embarrassed or sheepish.  

It probably is nothing, but can only suggest you watch the footage for yourself.  There clearly has been some kind of issue with Adeloye, almost certainly prompted by his performance in the Morton game.  Bullen overlooked him when we were chasing the Partick game in favour of an unproven 17 year old - I really thought we might be at the end of the line after that - I’m more than happy with his contribution in the last 2 games.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Depends what you’re asking the lone striker to do I suppose, particularly away from home.  Bullen has got us pressing up the park so much better and seems to want a striker who will chase down loose balls, lead the higher press and generally occupy the centre backs a bit more.   He obviously doesn’t think Adeloye is the man for that job.  

Would be interesting to see the stats, but Ashford certainly seems to cover a lot more ground.  Id like to see Adeloye and Ashford teamed up as a 2, but given how good the midfield has been in the last 2 games, Bullen might not be keen to change the balance.  

A lone striker obviously needs to work hard, but I’m yet to see much of Ashford linking play or acting as the focal point we need. We have been poorer in first half of games, which might be affecting the ability to see this or it could just be that the midfield don’t have anyone to link with while Ashford is on as he is generally running all over the place. Adeloye occupies centre halves a country mile more IMO. Like you say, I think they could complement each other well but not at the expense of the three in central midfield. 

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

It probably is nothing, but can only suggest you watch the footage for yourself. 

Best angle I got on the goal was from the Inverness FC youtube channel. I'm not so sure there's an issue 🤔 looks more like he's been modest about it. 

Also, the Billy Dodds post match interview was hilarious. I suggest watching that for a giggle.