The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Its totally unrealistic. 

Though still a possibility.

I'd take 6th or 7th, which is a massive improvement from the anxiety enduring final game of last season, where we were all staring relegation play offs in the face.

Any chat of finishing above 7/6 is absolute lunacy. If we could finish this season above the bottom two, having been in the absolute state that we were in pre Christmas, then it would be an excellent achievement imo. A lot of credit to bullen and the team for the last couple of results. We need to make sure it continues against queens.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Though still a possibility

Mathematically, probably a very slight possibility, but in reality we'd need to win every game between now and the end of the season. 

Let's be satisifed with having a team looking like being able to compete from week to week, keep our league status first and foremost then look to kick on for next season. 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd absolutely love to see Ayr in the play offs alongside Kilmarnock. 

Though again, heart over head just now because of these fantastic away wins. 

#SuperAyrAway♥️

It would be great if you go up with us, but, while there is now very little between top and bottom in terms of quality, your Shite first half of the season has probably left you to far adrift.

Ayr always seem to make an arse of a homecoming. every time we seem to get a couple of good results and go back to Somerset with a head of steam in front of a decent crowd, we get beat or we are rotten.

Hopefully another habit Bullen can break.

Players playing with a bit of confidence can help. If we can go a goal up early next Saturday it would help get the home crowd behind the team a bit more. 

20 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

My ideal scenario is both securing our safety and relegating QOS at Palmerston on April 23rd whilst smashing our third hoodoo of the season in the process. A goal v Partick the following week would be a bonus.

That would be cinchsational*

A result against Patrick to in some way spoil their title/play off hopes would make it even tastier.

*apologies

Edited by AuAl

The tactic of Ashford softening them up and Adeloy coming to ragdoll them after and hour seems to be working a treat, I'd love to see them both in the team but to be fair McKenzie has been really really good in that wide role the ladt two games and he won the corner and assisted for Adeloy so its hard to justify dropping him.

6 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Do we start the same team as the last two games? It's a really different argument to keep Adeloye out of the starting 11, but he has done so well as an impact sub, bullying tiring defences and holding the ball up.

If we play Maxwell and McKenzie it is a flatter midfield and whoever is up front will likely be isolated. We are playing the team Currently bottom. Do we go more attacking or play cautiously? 
The problem with the latter is that if we go a goal behind, we are set up not to attack in numbers. 

9 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Do we start the same team as the last two games? It's a really different argument to keep Adeloye out of the starting 11, but he has done so well as an impact sub, bullying tiring defences and holding the ball up.

Nah, we need to change it IMO. 

We can’t continue with the same set up, as it doesn’t suit being at home against the bottom side in the league. Tomi to start with Ashford playing off him. Potentially Rowe to start too. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we play Maxwell and McKenzie it is a flatter midfield and whoever is up front will likely be isolated. We are playing the team Currently bottom. Do we go more attacking or play cautiously? 
The problem with the latter is that if we go a goal behind, we are set up not to attack in numbers. 

That's the issue for me. Often Ashford was totally isolated today. We were also turgid for spells and McAdams saved our bacon more than once. Yet we scored two goals. There were parallels to the Kilmarnock game (I felt we were better at Rugby Park than today).

We are still a work in progress but we simply must win on Saturday. That would give us a massive lift. 12 points clear of 10th with 9 games left.

It's night and day to where we were under Duffy and Hopkin tbf. The biggest change is actually having a midfield. I'd really like to try Ashford and Adeloye up front together. I expect Bullen will keep it as is and if it ain't broke don't fix it I suppose.

It's been a hell of a turnaround from getting pumped by Queens 2 months ago. Let's keep it going on Saturday. Three more points please.