The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

When your look about the Scottish leagues just now, there’s just not much there. I’m more then happy to go down the route we are than look at some young striker on loan or seasoned jobber. The likes of Dipo are up rooting themselves and backing themselves to come here and do a job. 

5 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

For those questioning English lower leagues.... 

Glynn Hurst and Mickey Reynolds... 

So yes there are diamonds in the rough to be found...... Let's hope its diamond and not shite.... 

Both came from Emley If I remember correctly, however I always believed Reynolds was a complete dumpling who could run fast.

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Rumour is he or his agent is over valuing himself by a fair margin 

That wouldn't surprise me. Tomi had a good season in a stuttering side but would he make it in, eg, the Sphell? Don't see it. More likely he'll go somewhere closer to home for a decent (and improved) wage without it being much of a step up? 

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

When your look about the Scottish leagues just now, there’s just not much there. I’m more then happy to go down the route we are than look at some young striker on loan or seasoned jobber. The likes of Dipo are up rooting themselves and backing themselves to come here and do a job. 

Feels like most of them are coming from London as well. Fair play to them really.

Edited by eez-eh

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The thing about Tomi is no one is hearing rumours of any club showing big interest in him , even the Sun ( which is more often wrong than right ) just said possibly not returning to Ayr but gave no indication if any team looking to sign him 

He may well end up at some obscure club down in England hence currently off the radar. 

There is undoubtably gems in the lower league of England however there is also duds. It’s Glendinning and co’s job to identify the right types.

i would also like us to sign a couple of known players. Someone like Craig Sibbald would fit the bill perfectly.

As I said yesterday with the vision night on Thursday and pre season starting on Friday I’m expecting a good few imminents next week. 

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yes, if you look at Todorov as an example, he was to be our marquis signing yet ended up not getting a game for a side relegated to League 1. 

At the same time we recently had "proven" guys like Tom Walsh and Jack Baird yet both proved extremely underwhelming, we then signed a young "star" from the old firm in Afolabi and the guy looked like he'd never seen a football before, so it just goes to show that everyone from almost every level is a gamble in one way or another, so let's just hope that we win the lottery with all our new guys !!

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I am almost certain at this moment in time Broadfoot does not have an offer on the table from Ayr  

He's unfortunately a relative of mine, he does have talks ongoing with a few clubs (inc. us) near to his house in the sticks 

7 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

He's unfortunately a relative of mine, he does have talks ongoing with a few clubs (inc. us) near to his house in the sticks 

Think your on the wind up fella. Yesterday you posted saying the reason you knew we were after Broadfoot is due to speaking to someone who knew Glendinning now your saying he’s related to you. 

Good to see some activity in the transfer market. Think the new set up will come good however the old way of scrambling around last minute is still fresh in the mind. Certainly questions raised over the standard down there however some have worked out before. Will reserve judgement until i see the other signings and get a better idea of how the budget was split plus previous scottish experience added

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think your on the wind up fella. Yesterday you posted saying the reason you knew we were after Broadfoot is due to speaking to someone who knew Glendinning now your saying he’s related to you. 

Swear down he is my cousin 😂 no something I'd kid on (or brag) about

18 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

I would willingly do a charity bet with anyone on Broadfoot not being signed by Ayr , near to his house ? Papers are saying QOS and Dunfermline are talking to him 

Edited by Finlay21

In terms of Broadfoot I personally think he is absolutely dug meat.... 
And as a person he is a complete tosser aswell.... To make it worse.... 

Broaders brings his wife and kids to Killie games in their Killie gear, and has directed them away from the Old Scum. They makes him a top man in my opinion [emoji460]️

1 minute ago, Rugbypark said:

Broaders brings his wife and kids to Killie games in their Killie gear, and has directed them away from the Old Scum. They makes him a top man in my opinion emoji460.png

Any man outside Glasgow who takes their kids to their local team is a top man in my mind