The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My guess was based on him as a top earner, and I think our top earners would be £800 per week plus bonuses for assists and goals so Mullin  if he accepted my offer would be getting offered £1300 per week plus bonuses as above, if he is on £1500 or more a week then I would question is he worth that for the championship. I cannot see livi paying more than that and I would guess there very top earner would be £2k a week

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

My guess was based on him as a top earner, and I think our top earners would be £800 per week plus bonuses for assists and goals so Mullin  if he accepted my offer would be getting offered £1300 per week plus bonuses as above, if he is on £1500 or more a week then I would question is he worth that for the championship. I cannot see livi paying more than that and I would guess there very top earner would be £2k a week

I can’t see us paying any player £1300 a week to be honest! 

3 minutes ago, ecocme said:

I can’t see us paying any player £1300 a week to be honest! 

I'm fairly certain we have a couple of players on more than £1k per week. I'm going to do an honestman#1 and say that I can't cite my sources though.

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Was McInroy no offered a contract that would have made him the highest paid Ayr player ever?

That must have been four figures 

Couldn’t tell you to be honest. I had guessed we’d maybe offered him a grand a week but was / is getting double that at Killie. 

15 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I can.

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm fairly certain we have a couple of players on more than £1k per week. I'm going to do an honestman#1 and say that I can't cite my sources though.

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think we do.

13 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Was McInroy no offered a contract that would have made him the highest paid Ayr player ever?

That must have been four figures 

Think he’d have been highest paid in the squad but Grady and annand were on a hell of a lot more than 1k per week I’ve heard 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Think he’d have been highest paid in the squad but Grady and annand were on a hell of a lot more than 1k per week I’ve heard 

I think the highest paid player was more in recent times, I'm sure Mathie and Bullen mentioned it at the Vision night. It definitely didn't include the Barr era!

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So was Andy Walker I was led to believe too!

Edited by ecocme

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Not having a go at you, but do you know this for a fact? I can’t see him being on more than £1K a week.

I would say at least 3 times that as a minimum , I would guess that there will be very few players earning as low as that in the Premiership , Shankland was on around £3000 at Dundee United reportedly 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I would say at least 3 times that as a minimum , I would guess that there will be very few players earning as low as that in the Premiership , Shankland was on £4000 at Dundee United reportedly 

More fool them for paying those kind of wages then 

Edited by ecocme

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would say at least 3 times that as a minimum , I would guess that there will be very few players earning as low as that in the Premiership , Shankland was on around £3000 at Dundee United reportedly 

I won’t lie, my mind is blown that Mullin’s salary would be over £150k per year playing for Livingston. Goes to show I really have zero clue about Scottish footballer’s wages. I am desperate to keep him though, even for another 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I won’t lie, my mind is blown that Mullin’s salary would be over £150k per year playing for Livingston. Goes to show I really have zero clue about Scottish footballer’s wages. I am desperate to keep him though, even for another 6 months.

None of us do apparently.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I see Robbie Ure is being offered a new deal by Rangers. Usually when this happens they look to loan them out at the same time. Could potentially see him being one we are looking at. 

Was mumbling a couple of weeks ago that we were after a striker from Rangers B, very raw though at only 18

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You definitely do.

It's the reasons all the posts along the lines of "why did Raith let Musonda go?" early in the season were missing the point, you blew them out the water.

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You definitely do.

It's the reasons all the posts along the lines of "why did Raith let Musonda go?" early in the season were missing the point, you blew them out the water.

I highly doubt we are paying any of our players more than 1k a week and if we are then I’d be interested to see how much QP are paying Dom Thomas as they apparently blew our offer out the water. 

I reckon we’ll announce Mullin on an 18 month deal tomorrow evening, after Livingston announce a mutual termination of his contract. He’ll then fire us into the last 16 on Tuesday, and assist a couple on Friday to put us top. He’ll be made captain for next season as part of the deal. 😎 

Alternatively, none of those things will happen and we’ll struggle for a playoff position. Can’t remember being so anxious about a player maybe leaving since Shankland.