The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mullin's requested his last two loan moves and got them so I think if he really wants to stay with us he could ask for his Livi contract to be ripped up.

If we've offered a figure in line with our wage structure then it's up to Mullin to show some flexibility given his current situation. A 4 month deal and he can reconsider his options after that if it's about money. Ayr can only do so much.

5 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Mullin's requested his last two loan moves and got them so I think if he really wants to stay with us he could ask for his Livi contract to be ripped up.

If we've offered a figure in line with our wage structure then it's up to Mullin to show some flexibility given his current situation. A 4 month deal and he can reconsider his options after that if it's about money. Ayr can only do so much.

I don’t think it’s up to Mullin at all, why would he possibly take a huge wage cut when he has a contract with six months left on it… and it’ll be the last bigger contract he gets.

Livingston have him the contract so it is up to them to honour it, they can choose to make him sit in the stand for six months but it would be incredibly spiteful. 

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think it’s up to Mullin at all, why would he possibly take a huge wage cut when he has a contract with six months left on it… and it’ll be the last bigger contract he gets.

Livingston have him the contract so it is up to them to honour it, they can choose to make him sit in the stand for six months but it would be incredibly spiteful. 

The idea that some footballers might want to play football which appears to be his attitude. Situation is he can join us for less money but for a guaranteed start and potentially achieve something or sit on Livingston's bench which is the exact reason he's pushed for moves before. Also not playing regularly leaves him sort of match practice potentially impacting deals he'll get in the summer.

8 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

The idea that some footballers might want to play football which appears to be his attitude. Situation is he can join us for less money but for a guaranteed start and potentially achieve something or sit on Livingston's bench which is the exact reason he's pushed for moves before. Also not playing regularly leaves him sort of match practice potentially impacting deals he'll get in the summer.

Of course he wants to play football, but it doesn’t mean he should be shafted by his employer and take a wage reduction for their sake. 

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Surely this will all be sorted before Tuesday considering we've got a game that night. Expecting at least one imminent on the Monday

It has to be sorted out as soon as possible because if he goes back to Livi then we will be looking at other targets who may not be still be available late on Tuesday .

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m quite fascinated with where the club decide to strengthen, I think it’ll tell us a lot about our style and formation going forward

If we end up losing both Mullin and Chalmers then a goal scoring partner for Dipo is a must . Also the left side of the team needs attention already .

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Does anyone really know where Livingston’s money comes from?  Probably best not to ask too many questions.  The media certainly never do.

In addition to them managing to stick it in the prem for a few years now and the prize money allowing them to sustain themselves there, I imagine they must have decent average attendances (not home support I might add.)

Home games against Celtic, Rangers (sell outs of 10k) Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen (probably a few thousand each time), plus the location means decent enough travelling supports from smaller clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie and St Johnstone. 

Edited by AuAl

Listened to a podcast with Voice of Ayr yesterday- he mentioned there had been interest in Akenyemi from two clubs down south, but they were basically chancing their arm with what was offered and were politely laughed away. No other bids expected this month. 

Edited by jagfox

4 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

If we end up losing both Mullin and Chalmers then a goal scoring partner for Dipo is a must . Also the left side of the team needs attention already .

At left full back possibly, but if we only make two signings I would rather it was at central midfield and up front. I’m happy to give JML and O’Connor the chance to get a run and fight it out for the left midfield spot. 

That all changes if we lose Mullin though, I don’t think he’s actually replaceable. 

13 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Neither is Logan , it would probably change our formation to a rigid 442 and a 14 game arm wrestle until the end of the season .

I don’t think he is either, but at least if JML can get a consistent run and plays as we know he can he offers us something different in terms of some genuine pace. 

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Listened to a podcast with Voice of Ayr yesterday- he mentioned there had been interest in Akenyemi from two clubs down south, but they were basically chancing their arm with what was offered and were politely laughed away. No other bids expected this month. 

What podcast?

Quite clear Livi are looking for Ayr to pay the difference on his wages till end of season, I can’t see that being more than a few hundred a week for 14 weeks and will be around 10k, is he worth it most definitely and a clause saying he can’t play against them should both teams go forward in the cup.

He is in his thirties and a fit boy with a good record of playing regularly (unlike Musonda) so his next move is his last so give him a good length of contract for security and agree a compromise in wages if we don’t go up, ie a wage if we don’t get up and a wage if we get up that will match what he had, based on that we will have a highly motivated player till end of season.

The prize money for getting top four is considerable and I think we should be showing a bit off ambition not only to Mullen but the rest of the squad to get in that top four spot and preferably second if we can’t get straight up by winning this league . In my opinion this league is winnable and with three good players in this window we could do it.

9 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

What podcast?

He was a guest on Gambla. I think it was recorded Thursday. He tipped Cove double chance on Friday so don't follow his tips 🤪

Spoiler

Edited by jagfox

50 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

JML has shown in our last two games that he’s capable of putting in good performances. He’s certainly ahead of O’Connor in the pecking order for me. 

Would like to see him do it against one of the better teams in the league as he has only really shown that sort of stuff against the 2 PT teams Arbroath and Cove, be interesting what he can do up against QP if he plays