The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I see Grant Gallagher has left Dumbarton, is he not a CB? Know he’s had a bad injury last year that kept him out all season, but could be a possible decent signing. 
Just cry me ally.
Good shout tbf, was he not at St Mirren the last time we were in the championship?

I see Grant Gallagher has left Dumbarton, is he not a CB? Know he’s had a bad injury last year that kept him out all season, but could be a possible decent signing. 
Just cry me ally.

He’s a central midfielder. Aitken took him from Stranraer.

Was more looking at Durnan from Dundee Utd or Gadzahlov from Dundee.

Can't see us being able to afford wages for the likes of Durham.

Probably not. Not really sure what other guys are out there that have just been released.

Did Dowie leave Dumbarton? Would’ve had a decent partnership with Higgins from QoTS.

Probably not. Not really sure what other guys are out there that have just been released.

Did Dowie leave Dumbarton? Would’ve had a decent partnership with Higgins from QoTS.
He's been offered a new contract at Dumbarton.

Doing a bit of digging, he can play RB, RM and CM. Could be a useful addition with Championship experience, but has always been part time and I notice he’s at Uni, so not sure if he’d want to put that on the back burner. Also stays in Ayrshire.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

So to sum up, Kerr coming down tomorrow to sign. Meeting Michael Rose tomorrow. He is coming down with Cammy Smith (St. Mirren player) due to car issues. Still to meet with Crawford and Ferguson. 

No mention of Hart, McDaid or Adams.  

So to sum up, Kerr coming down tomorrow to sign. Meeting Michael Rose tomorrow. He is coming down with Cammy Smith (St. Mirren player) due to car issues. Still to meet with Crawford and Ferguson. 
Get the impression there won't be any 'new' signings for another couple of weeks probably. Possibly 1st June before any new player gets announced.

Think he said something about McDaid being able to play upfront. That would suggest he knows he’s staying imo.

Wouldn’t shock me if Hart or Adams left but both would add a bit of depth to the squad.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Just cry me ally.

Injury prone as f**k

tenor.gif?itemid=7550571

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Bit concerning McCalls only looking at 2 new defenders. The defence last year was underwhelming at best, so I reckon we’d need a new right back, centre back and left back as well as Rose. Will Geggan be enough for our first choice right back?

If  you're on budget mode then you've got Geggan, Ferguson and Rose being able to play there in a pinch. Only adding two doesn't seem that surprising when you take finances into consideration.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If  you're on budget mode then you've got Geggan, Ferguson and Rose being able to play there in a pinch. Only adding two doesn't seem that surprising when you take finances into consideration.

Understand that, but you have to look at how frail the defence was last year against part time teams. This league is going to be a big step up, we need to add quality in areas where we were below par last year.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Nah he stopped off at Barry Smiths house for that.

Unfair from McCall, Barry Smith has enough shit to clean up at the moment with the Raith squad.

Edited by UpInTheAyr