The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Disagree what has Maguire done? No goals and a few assists and missed an important penalty 

Just like Dempsey and Dipo haven't scored all their penalties this season which means we've dropped points? 

And as i said, McKenzie, Bryden, JML, Ashford, how many goals and assists have they provided this season, highly doubt it's anymore than single figures which without Dipo/Mullin/Chalmers that's who we would have been relying on. 

Those 3 carried us the first half of the season.

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Kevin Kyle and Craig Beattie get called flops but at least they scored double figures between them.

What difference has Maguire made? He's been a disgrace.

Chris Maguire is a better player than Kyle and Beattie. I agree that he hasn't been as good as I thought he might but he can still find good passes and can hassle down defenders well.

Got to remember too that Maguire is playing at a higher level too. 

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't get personally the anti-maguire, maybe lost his shooting boots but still has passes and vision in him which nobody else in the team does.

Plus he's provided more than likes of JML, Ashford and even Bryden to a certain extent who have been here all season. 

He's a full international with nearly 20 years of experience who's played around three hundred games at a higher level than the Scottish second tier. You'd like to think that the metric for success would be higher than "slightly more effective than JML", let alone "slightly more effective than Kevin fucking Kyle". The money would have been better spent on buying Moffat some bionic legs.

Edited by Thumper

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just like Dempsey and Dipo haven't scored all their penalties this season which means we've dropped points? 

And as i said, McKenzie, Bryden, JML, Ashford, how many goals and assists have they provided this season, highly doubt it's anymore than single figures which without Dipo/Mullin/Chalmers that's who we would have been relying on. 

Those 3 carried us the first half of the season.

So have they or have they not contributed more than a done Maguire? 

the answer is they all have a few assists and goals and Maguire has set up/assisted 3 goals, that’s all. He also missed a penalty(yes I know all players miss them but I wouldn’t have let him take it) 

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Chris Maguire is a better player than Kyle and Beattie. I agree that he hasn't been as good as I thought he might but he can still find good passes and can hassle down defenders well.

Got to remember too that Maguire is playing at a higher level too. 

Pretty much everyone in our squad is a better player than Kyle and Beattie tbh. It's astonishing to think that both of them played at the level that they did.

Maguire has been a big let down. I cant see him being here next season, but if he is we can only hope a full pre season gets him back to match fitness. In a few games its looked like hes blowing out his arse after 20 mins

Saying all that, I'm sure he'll get his 1st Ayr goal tomorrow against a rabble of a Raith "squad" 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Kevin Kyle and Craig Beattie get called flops but at least they scored double figures between them.

What difference has Maguire made? He's been a disgrace.

Andy O’Connor scored more goals for Ayr than Chris Maguire. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was great. An absolute legend.

ETA: his name was O'Connell and not O'Connor.

I think the fact I got his name wrong tells us all we need to know about him. 

26 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Bullen in the presser calling next week our last game of the season. Obviously not looking to make the playoffs 

That's not fair.

He said there are "two official league games to go".  Very obvious he's not saying there's only two left.