The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m definitely of the opinion that the odds of us finding another 20 goal striker are rather long. It’s even more important in that case that we get more goals out of other positions and one position has to be the wide players. 

Mullin got a decent return for us but O’Connor didn’t score at all and JML got two goals against the two part time teams in the league. Even Chalmers who had a really good spell for us only managed two goals for us. McCowan would definitely give you more if played consistently. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lads, you're all getting a bit over excited here. I'd be surprised (but not completely stunned) if Bowyer didn't offer McCowan a new deal.

We’ve got just under two weeks until I our next game. Let us amuse ourselves and get overexcited. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCowan would definitely give you more if played consistently. 

He would.

Also part of the most entertaining front like we had along with Moffat and Forrest. The return of liquid football beckons!

Spoiler

I'm maybe getting a little carried away. f**k it!

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lads, you're all getting a bit over excited here. I'd be surprised (but not completely stunned) if Bowyer didn't offer McCowan a new deal.

This ^

Hopefully it does come to fruition but I can’t see it

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m definitely of the opinion that the odds of us finding another 20 goal striker are rather long. It’s even more important in that case that we get more goals out of other positions and one position has to be the wide players. 

Mullin got a decent return for us but O’Connor didn’t score at all and JML got two goals against the two part time teams in the league. Even Chalmers who had a really good spell for us only managed two goals for us. McCowan would definitely give you more if played consistently. 

O'Connor scored against Cove.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

O'Connor scored against Cove.

So he did, my mistake. 

I can’t see him being here next season anyway simply due to his lack of game time. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d imagine Dunfermline would naturally be able to offer him more money but you’d also hope that given our league place and potential income from transfer fees we’d be able to compete and match that offer. 

I’d love him to come home.

I completely get Dunfermline have a bigger support than ourselves however given our 2nd placed finish, the fact we've probably a decent amount of cash coming in for Dipo and David smith generally not appearing shy in investing in the squad then I'm not convinced Dunfermline will have that much bigger a budget than us if at all. Biggest obstacle for me is the fact they are managed by his former manager. 

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you new here?

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I can see why you'd discount it though. Even Bangala looked okay against Cove.

The flame never dies Richey. Keep it alive, big bang needs your support!

Just a thought but I reckon we need to hold fire on who and who won't be here next season simply because of the possibility of promotion - if we can beat our biggest bogey team at their place like we did on Friday then promotion surely isn't impossible. Having Mullin, Kirk and MacAllister back around the team makes it even more possible.  

What Smith and his recruitment man will do if we get promoted is a lot different to what they'll decide if we have another season in the Championship. 

Another thought - if we do get to the Preservation League do we delay the development of the North Terrace? Glad I'm not making that decision.   

Can't see McCowan coming back to us. 

He was immense 2nd half Friday night, turning defenders inside out and then curling in a worldie from 25 yards out. 

Surely Bowyer will be looking to keep him?

37 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I do support him wholeheartedly and unconditionally. 

You ain’t afraid of no ghost.

33 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Another thought - if we do get to the Preservation League do we delay the development of the North Terrace? Glad I'm not making that decision.   

I would imagine that it’s quite unlikely/possible to put the brakes on the redevelopment at this point. What would our capacity be next season, minus the North terrace?

36 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You ain’t afraid of no ghost.

I would imagine that it’s quite unlikely/possible to put the brakes on the redevelopment at this point. What would our capacity be next season, minus the North terrace?

Capacity will still be between 6 and 7,000 , only issue is will the home end be big enough to accommodate all home fans ? Or as someone said elsewhere there was the possibility that the North Terrace could be partly open down the front whilst the building of the stand takes place 

Edited by Finlay21

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I presume Bangala & Ecrepont will return to the team environment for the play offs as Cove and Stranraer's seasons are both finished? 

They can train with us but we can’t register them to play until the window opens again.