The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Where are the Honest Men and Bonnie Lassies heading to for some light refreshments before the game on Friday?

Coopers on GWR is the go to boozer for partick games. Wetherspoons atmosphere right enough, but the pubs get progressively shiter between there and firhill. 

21 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we do go up does Dipo stay? Read his family did not settle in Scotland and are back in England so he might want home either way.

Think he'll be away regardless. Slight chance he stays if we go up but if his family were unsettled and moved back down south then he'll be away down with them I suspect. The money we get for his sale plus prize money for finishing 2nd should allow us a budget to go out and get 5+ top end championship/bottom end premiership players to allow us to have a right good go next season. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Where are the Honest Men and Bonnie Lassies heading to for some light refreshments before the game on Friday?

We normally go to Toby Jug across from central before heading out to the social club. Pubs round about Firhill are all a bit meh. If there was a pub where a decent number of away fans were in we'd probably head there. 

50 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We normally go to Toby Jug across from central before heading out to the social club. Pubs round about Firhill are all a bit meh. If there was a pub where a decent number of away fans were in we'd probably head there. 

I think coopers is a kinda unofficial thistle pub. Used to be a lot if thistle tops up behind the bar. And I’d always see a few of their fans in there If I happened to be in on a match day.

20 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

No wonder tbh. We're not as welcoming as we think we are. 

What's the story here then? I'd heard ages ago his wife and kid had went home but assumed it was just a home sickness / family moving a long way from London sort of thing.

This makes it sound a bit more sinister?   

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

What's the story here then? I'd heard ages ago his wife and kid had went home but assumed it was just a home sickness / family moving a long way from London sort of thing.

This makes it sound a bit more sinister?   

Mathie said the potential move in January would have paid Dipo a life changing wage had Ayr accepted the offer. The offer didn't meet the clubs valuation. 

If that club is still interested and offer more money, he'll be away 100% regardless of where his wife is. 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Mathie said the potential move in January would have paid Dipo a life changing wage had Ayr accepted the offer. The offer didn't meet the clubs valuation. 

If that club is still interested and offer more money, he'll be away 100% regardless of where his wife is. 

That seems fairly obvious though, and was my understanding of the situation too.   

How does that tie in with "we are not as welcoming as we think we are" ?

32 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That seems fairly obvious though, and was my understanding of the situation too.   

No idea, all the implications aren't helpful though. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I noticed that one of our summer targets George Stanger got himself sent off yesterday and probably cost Alloa a chance in the playoffs final against Airdrie. 

Jackson Longridge did that too in the playoffs, but against Airdrie...think he did OK though

Although Shiny teeth wouldn't be Stangers gaffer...

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

I don’t get that either , nearly every player has said how welcoming we are as a club and that is one of the reasons they join us , can’t think of any reason for the comment , would love to know what the issue is supposed to be 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t get that either , nearly every player has said how welcoming we are as a club and that is one of the reasons they join us , can’t think of any reason for the comment , would love to know what the issue is supposed to be 

I took it as Scotland, not Ayr United. 

There was a racist comment made at Firhill recently aimed at Dipo though so could be meaning that.  

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There was a racist comment made at Firhill recently aimed at Dipo though so could be meaning that.  

That makes sense now 

50 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We're crawling at an absolute snail pace towards Friday

Inverness seems like it was months ago. The issue is that we had amounted a good bit of momentum over the Raith and ICT games and now it’s gone with all the time off we’ve had. Meanwhile Partick have just thrashed QP over two games and will be coming into these next games absolutely flying. 

Yeah the sick fucks in Qatar/ BBC have made this the least advantage year to finish best of the rest. 

Our advantage is rest and lesser chance of injury.  

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Strange that this hasn't been reported until now, especially when the club put out a statement about the same thing happening at a game v Queen's Park.