The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I don't think the club will/should be looking at players at the moment when we've got 2 huge games coming up. 

Why ? Potentially games could clgonto middle of June depending on the out come of the next two . 

44 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I don't think the club will/should be looking at players at the moment when we've got 2 huge games coming up. 

Of course they should, Mathie and Glendinning are hardly taking training.  You'd hope some of the targets would be players we could envisage having in the squad in either league.  

16 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Why ? Potentially games could clgonto middle of June depending on the out come of the next two . 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Of course they should, Mathie and Glendinning are hardly taking training.  You'd hope some of the targets would be players we could envisage having in the squad in either league.  

I'm sure we're looking at targets but we're not going to be signing players in the middle of May, despite of us being in the playoffs. 

Let's see where we are a month for now when we look for players. We wont be active at the minute.

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm sure we're looking at targets but we're not going to be signing players in the middle of May, despite of us being in the playoffs. 

Let's see where we are a month for now when we look for players. We wont be active at the minute.

Don't need to be signing anyone right now but the work to get to that stage shouldn't be halted because we are 2 games away from maybe having the chance to play 2 games to maybe get to the top flight.  

I don’t think our targets will change much depending on what league we are in. If we go up we will probably need to add on a couple more experienced players in key positions on top of what we already target but I’d imagine it’ll mostly be younger guys that we can get on longer contracts and try and develop them to then sell. 

Fwiw we probably won’t sign anymore than one or two until we know what league it is but people will still be working on setting deals up. 

This is the return fixture of the game Bullen played in last season, I am assuming he isn't playing this year as the game is on Saturday afternoon in Prague. I am guessing this is the game where his pal recommended a little known midfielder who could be plucked from obscurity and grace the Scottish game. Its a shame he'll miss it this year. 

FwU1nI0XwAA3AA9.thumb.jpg.adfd5fafee5de47aa8cc2f77a1ff891d.jpg 

Wonder if big Jan Koller could still do a job. 

The game is being played at one of my favourite grounds, completely hemmed in by houses on three sides.

As seen in this Polish vloggers video. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

Just having a look through the referee appointments for the weekend.  Ours isn't up yet, however went through the Premiership games, McLean not even on VAR duty or 4th official duty.  Think I might give my ticket back in anticipation.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Just having a look through the referee appointments for the weekend.  Ours isn't up yet, however went through the Premiership games, McLean not even on VAR duty or 4th official duty.  Think I might give my ticket back in anticipation.

Screenshot_20230517_125646_Samsung Internet.jpg

31 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This is the return fixture of the game Bullen played in last season, I am assuming he isn't playing this year as the game is on Saturday afternoon in Prague. I am guessing this is the game where his pal recommended a little known midfielder who could be plucked from obscurity and grace the Scottish game. Its a shame he'll miss it this year. 

We have a lot to thank David Bangala for.

45 minutes ago, diege said:

Screenshot_20230517_125646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ffs......

He reffed Dundee v Cove penultimate game of the season on the Friday night BBC game and he was absymal, rightfully was getting slated by all club supporters on the P&B forum as he lost all control of the game.

How on earth is he allowed to be in charge of such a big game

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Ffs......

He reffed Dundee v Cove penultimate game of the season on the Friday night BBC game and he was absymal, rightfully was getting slated by all club supporters on the P&B forum as he lost all control of the game.

How on earth is he allowed to be in charge of such a big game

I don't think there's really a "good" option as such, personally I'm just glad we haven't got SHTEVIE BOY as while the rest are pretty incompetent he's a step above that I'd say, especially where Ayr United are concerned.......

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think there's really a "good" option as such, personally I'm just glad we haven't got SHTEVIE BOY as while the rest are pretty incompetent he's a step above that I'd say, especially where Ayr United are concerned.......

Keeping him for Somerset, where he we know it would be pointless turning up

On 16/05/2023 at 12:04, Richey Edwards said:

I've never seen anyone actually go in there. Hopefully it goes the same way as their club soon.

Hopefully.

Is it just me who finds the air gets fouler as you approach its location?

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

FwU1nI0XwAA3AA9.thumb.jpg.adfd5fafee5de47aa8cc2f77a1ff891d.jpg 

Wonder if big Jan Koller could still do a job. 

The game is being played at one of my favourite grounds, completely hemmed in by houses on three sides.

As seen in this Polish vloggers video. 

Like that Malkovic bar near the stadium 

Anyone know what the parking around Firhill is like?  Been a couple of years since I was at a game there and don’t remember it being that big an issue, but I’ve heard some suggestions there are a lot more parking restrictions now.  

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I think we could do a *lot* worse than Aitken. At least he doesn't measure how well he has refereed the game by how many red cards he has dished out.