The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If we learned anything from last season, it's that in the sum of the parts you don't have to be a team of world beaters. You need to be functional and effective above aesthetically pleasing.

2 to play the piano and 9 to carry it does just fine. 👍

Eh? If anything was learned last season it's that you can take a team and manager who are roughly good enough to scrape eighth and give them one (1) good player and have them finish in the playoffs.

11 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Suppose the English equivalent would be a former U16 captain that was once linked with someone like Chelsea and has ended up in non-league, which actually sounds like our ideal signing if such a player existed.

Such a player does exist. Seems to only score screamers and takes free kicks so hopefully he can stand and watch while Reading takes them.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Oliver Pendlebury

Is this the first Sherlock Holms character we have ever signed?

Definitely sounds like he’s killed Professor Plum in the library with a revolver. 

Who knows?  Two massively high risk signings for us.  Pretty much impossible to judge what they have to offer.  Certainly don’t fit the mould of the experienced players Bullen said we need.  Feels like our hit rate from signings at that level is extremely patchy. Will these 2 be Dipo and Dempsey or Gondoh and Ashford?

if I’m honest, given the lack of quality and experience in our existing squad, I’m pretty sceptical that taking a punt on 2 nomads from national league level is the way to go.  Would be OK if we had a core of proven performers at our level, but if this doesn’t work, we’ll be in serious trouble.  Too high risk for my liking, but I guess we are where we are.