The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Comparing the face Armatey is next to Stanger and McAllister, also the other guy has a trialist look about them.

Assuming the players in the back corner are standing on something as none are the same height as McGinty in person.

The Good news is that Bangala is there, maybe he'll reappear rejuvenated and the "warrior" that he promised and as such all our problems at RB will be solved just like that !!!

Murdoch, Murphy, ?, Mutch, Ashford, Pendlebury, ?, Bangala, Hewitt, Dipo, Albinson, Smith, McKenzie, Bryden, McGinty, Watret, Stanger, O.Ecrepont, Armatey, ?, McAllister, Reading, Dempsey, ?, F.Ecrepont, ?, ?, ?

That's what I can make out. 

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This has been done to death but I think the most worrying aspect of all this is that in today's society the accused are being treated as Guilty irrespective of evidence or a fair trial due to social media and current societal focus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Goodwillie here but I do believe that the shouting of "Witch" needs to be dealt with and dealt with quick before it all becomes too late.

Nobody is making baseless accusations in this case. The facts were laid out in court and are a matter of public record. It's the complete opposite of what you're complaining about. He had his fair trial and was found on the balance of probabilities to have committed the actions he was accused of.

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This has been done to death but I think the most worrying aspect of all this is that in today's society the accused are being treated as Guilty irrespective of evidence or a fair trial due to social media and current societal focus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Goodwillie here but I do believe that the shouting of "Witch" needs to be dealt with and dealt with quick before it all becomes too late.

The real punishment here came after the intervention of McDermid and Sturgeon. If you are going to be ostracised from society it should probably happen after a crown court decision and not a civil one. Overall a very complex situation which still rumbles on until this day and shows no sign of stopping 

Saw a good post online about the whole thing.

He took a woman who could barely stand and had no idea what was going on home and had sex with her when she was unable to consent. Medical evidence, witness statements and blood alcohol results proved she's wouldn't have had the ability to know what was happening. By any definition that is rape.

Then he got away with it due to a terrible decision by the crown office not to prosecute and was sued in a civil court where the facts clearly show what he did. After being ordered to pay his victim £100000 he went bankrupt and as soon as his bankruptcy finished meaning he wouldn't have to pay anything to his victim he began to look to a move to a higher league where he could make more money knowing he would keep it all and she still wouldn't get a penny.

After supporters groups, club sponsors and staff all kicked off about it he was told he couldn't play and was released. This became a bigger story and the full details of what he did became known to the wider public and most fans of all the teams he's gone to want nothing to with him and as a result neither do sponsors.

At every step in this saga he has only looked out for his own self interest and what he wanted to do and not cared about anyone else because he sees himself as a victim because he's facing consequences for his actions.“

If I’d had to take bets on who on here would come out crying about how unfair it is that he’s being shunned, it would’ve been honey roast gammon WATTOO I’d have put as runaway favourite. 

Edited by Honest_Man#1

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Nobody is making baseless accusations in this case. The facts were laid out in court and are a matter of public record. It's the complete opposite of what you're complaining about. He had his fair trial and was found on the balance of probabilities to have committed the actions he was accused of.

No he wasn't your twisting the facts, if that was the case he would have been found guilty in a criminal court he wasn't. 

He's apparently an incredibly dodgy guy with horrible dodgy mates so I couldn't care less about him, but he was not convicted in a criminal court. 

Can we not just forget this nothing to do with Ayr United nonsense and concentrate on arguing about how good or shite we are...please 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The real punishment here came after the intervention of McDermid and Sturgeon. If you are going to be ostracised from society it should probably happen after a crown court decision and not a civil one. Overall a very complex situation which still rumbles on until this day and shows no sign of stopping 

It's not going to stop because Goodwillie won't own what he did, not because the civil court is some pretendy seaside league court. 

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Murdoch, Murphy, Guthrie, Mutch, Ashford, Pendlebury, ?, Bangala, Hewitt, Dipo, Albinson, Smith, McKenzie, Bryden, McGinty, Watret, Stanger, O.Ecrepont, Armatey, ?, McAllister, Reading, Dempsey, ?, F.Ecrepont, Jenkins, Tomlinson(?), ?

That's what I can make out. 

Guthrie, Jenkins and I think Tomlinson. Guessing the other 3 on the right are U18s.

18 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

It's not going to stop because Goodwillie won't own what he did, not because the civil court is some pretendy seaside league court. 

This details why the civil case was lazy. Also, Goodwillie and Robertson took a lassie home who had drank a "potentially fatal" amount of alcohol to both have sex with her. If Bannan, Stevenson or anyone else can read that and think he is a top man, then they are worth a watching.  

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/david-goodwillie-case-evidence/

Edited by diegomarahenry

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This details why the civil case was lazy. Also, Goodwillie and Robertson took a lassie home who had drank a "potentially fatal" amount of alcohol to both have sex with her. If Bannan, Stevenson or anyone else can read that and think he is a top man, then they are worth a watching.  

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/david-goodwillie-case-evidence/

I've read it and have been disgusted by his actions, however, I'm of the belief that Bannan, Stevo etc, will only know what Goodwillie is like in the dressing room and not as personal as made out. Number exchange, social media, meeting up for a beer or two etc etc

I'm actually surprised by the involvement of both Bannan and Stevo, as Bannan is the captain of Sheffield Wednesday and will definitely feel his pedestal shaking vigorously as a representation of his club, Stevo possibly less so but still has a reputation to uphold.

Imo, I wouldn't have Goodwillie anywhere near a football pitch again. I don't wish to hear his piss excuses or 'His side' of the story. He done what he did and should suffer for doing so. He needs to account how serious a matter it is. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Can't spell consequences

40 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

my guess the other three are probably O. Ecrepont, Watret and Viviaini 

O.Ecrepont and Watret are included already. Viviani is correct though he's between Reading and F.Ecrepont. Unsure on the blonde boy behind Donovan and the one on the end but doubt it's anyone exciting.

11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Goodwillie has posted something that at least two footballers have shared, Stevenson and Barry Bannan. 

He was due to sign for a team in Australia but they terminated the deal after a backlash. He's planning to release a statement online because he doesn't trust the press, who often highlight that he was charged with rape. 

Barry Bannan described him as a "Top man"

IMG_9837.png