The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah just googled him that is Guthrie, f**k knows who the other trialist is haha.

Think I've narrowed it down to a possible 4 as I don't know any of them. The boy between Ollie and Paddy and the three at the end.

ETA: Think the middle of the back three is Scott Tomlinson. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think I've narrowed it down to a possible 4 as I don't know any of them. The boy between Ollie and Paddy and the three at the end.

They all look pretty young which is the worry with that, as that is potentially 2 signings there with what will be little experience when it was said that's what we lacked last season...

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

One between Ecrepont and Reading doesn't appear to have a number. The one on the end is I think Lyall Holding.

Edited by GaryMc93

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Police want to speak to these men in connection with burglaries in the White City area of Ayr. 

Screenshot_20230629-175351.png

IMG-20230629-WA0028.jpg

Doubt the bottom one would visit White City, looks more of an Eastern Suburbs type of person.

5 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Just how I feel about the current squad.

Really disappointed we've not been able to move on likes of Ashford, Bangala and maybe even JML as they bring nothing to the team IMO

I really try to find a middle way between excessive pre-season optimism and doom mongering, but it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that we are in real trouble squad wise.  We badly needed 5/6 players coming in who would be a clear improvement on what we’ve got and address some of the weak points of last years team.  It just doesn’t seem to be happening.  There’s time yet I suppose, but I really don’t understand our recruitment strategy. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

IMG_2886.thumb.jpeg.7937370ff54d173da402b812ba282951.jpeg

I’d rather be in Gillingham than a shed in Whittlets 

Yeah in any of the pre season pictures I've seen of him he looks miserable af. Obviously don't know what he's like behind the scenes at the club but every chance he's sulking about the place

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

I really try to find a middle way between excessive pre-season optimism and doom mongering, but it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that we are in real trouble squad wise.  We badly needed 5/6 players coming in who would be a clear improvement on what we’ve got and address some of the weak points of last years team.  It just doesn’t seem to be happening.  There’s time yet I suppose, but I really don’t understand our recruitment strategy. 

How is the rest of the league getting on in this area? No doubt you will quote Raith however they had a bigger gap to close than many. As with the rest of the world perhaps cash is getting tighter and football clubs might not be as busy this year 

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Yeah in any of the pre season pictures I've seen of him he looks miserable af. Obviously don't know what he's like behind the scenes at the club but every chance he's sulking about the place

These takes are incredibly boring. Person doesn’t smile in a photo and then a completely nonsense narrative is built around it. 

Dipo had shown absolutely nothing to suggest any of these things, we stopped him leaving in January and it certainly didn’t happen. 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

How is the rest of the league getting on in this area? No doubt you will quote Raith however they had a bigger gap to close than many. As with the rest of the world perhaps cash is getting tighter and football clubs might not be as busy this year 

But we have been busy, signing 5 players.  Perhaps we’ll sign another 5 and those 5 will transform our squad.  But as you say, money is tight so is it likely that there will be another 5 players coming?  I’m not ready to panic just yet, but when you seen Accies in League 1 signing Longridge and Tumulty, instantly giving them better full backs than us, you do wonder what sort of player we’re trying to sign.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

What's the score with Dipos suspension is it 3 games? Wonder if that's putting potential suitors off because they can't get him straight in the team.

They probably didn’t appeal it because they didn’t expect him to be here

17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

What's the score with Dipos suspension is it 3 games? Wonder if that's putting potential suitors off because they can't get him straight in the team.

For EFL suitors that's unlikely. They play 46 league games.

42 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Couldn’t be any further from the truth