The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can simultaneously try your best to keep Akinyemi, refuse to be bullied on the price, and lose him for nothing.

If he leaves for nothing its not a failing of the club, the same shite happens to every club on the planet. Its happening to PSG right now too.

Fulfilling a players contract is only a failing when they don't perform.  

Only way they could fail in this situation is shitting the bed and taking a £70k offer cause nothing better has come in. 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think the club should hold out, anything below £200k is derisory and should be treated as such. He's a bargain at a £250k with a 20% sell on. 

How do you actually know this to be anything other than hunch and total guesswork?

He's worth what clubs are prepared to offer us. This will be dictated by the need of the buying club, the remaining time on his contract, the number of clubs seriously in for him and how long remains in the transfer window.

As the selling club we decide what's acceptable. We might go back and forth in negotiation but it won't be lost on the club that his value is likely decreasing by every passing day he's still with us in this window.

If we drive too hard a bargain, Gillingham (or whoever) get a short term fix to cover Dipo this season, arrange with his agent that he'll sit tight with us this season, then come in and get him on a free when he's out of contract, giving him 100k as a signing bonus and us getting nothing.

Cue the absolute meltdown on here if that was to happen, be careful what you wish for.

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

How do you actually know this to be anything other than hunch and total guesswork?

He's worth what clubs are prepared to offer us. This will be dictated by the need of the buying club, the remaining time on his contract, the number of clubs seriously in for him and how long remains in the transfer window.

As the selling club we decide what's acceptable. We might go back and forth in negotiation but it won't be lost on the club that his value is likely decreasing by every passing day he's still with us in this window.

If we drive too hard a bargain, Gillingham (or whoever) get a short term fix to cover Dipo this season, arrange with his agent that he'll sit tight with us this season, then come in and get him on a free when he's out of contract, giving him 100k as a signing bonus and us getting nothing.

Cue the absolute meltdown on here if that was to happen, be careful what you wish for.

We survived Shankland - we will survive Dipo

37 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

It is guesswork on my part.

I'd personally rather keep Dipo and potentially finish two or three places higher as a result. That more than likely covers any fee we're talking about here.

The reality is the player wants away. He won't be going until the club gets what they deem an acceptable offer. I expect the club's position isn't too far away from £250k with a sell on percentage. I don't think that's unreasonable in the market tbh.

I know it has been mentioned before but the old railway yard wasteland is just screaming out for something to done with it, would love if Mr Smith's next project was there...

image.thumb.png.bbe401b84b773d369a3b3ad56e30feef.png

Looks as if the line of crash barriers that has been cut down will be where the new stand seats could possibly start so will still be a good amount of terracing which is pleasing.

image.thumb.png.1a7c1d3f7c22bd8470360c81a497d0c7.png

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Dipo was doing f**k all and we gave him a lifeline and a stage.

A chance to earn and get a shot at bigger and better.

We owe him nothing and he owes us everything.

Nobody ever owes their employer a fucking thing. Hope that helps.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Nobody ever owes their employer a fucking thing. Hope that helps.

Always amazes me when people try to argue that footballers have some sort of duty to a club when the everyday person would very rarely feel any sort of loyalty to their employer if a better deal came up elsewhere. Footballers have to be even more mercenary due to the length of their careers and the chance that it could all be over if something goes wrong in a game. 

6 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Also no employer owes an employee anything if the employee throws the toys out the pram. There’s a balance that needs to be met somewhere. 

Could you provide the class with an example of said toys being outwith said pram?

7 hours ago, Rb123 said:

I know it has been mentioned before but the old railway yard wasteland is just screaming out for something to done with it, would love if Mr Smith's next project was there.

Is it big enough for a training pitch and a modern gym both for public use ? Another revenue stream !